Open Mod Manager (OMM) - Successor of OvGME

Shovas

Premium
I'm late to this but I think it's worth a re-up. I've been recommending OVGME for a long time but it does have particular drawbacks so I was happy to come across this and think it's worth everyone checking this post by Retrolux out:

Quick Feature Overview:
  • Supports zipped (saves space) and folder mods (OvGME legacy mode)
  • Non destructive mod installation with automatic backup of overwritten & overlapped files
  • Remote mod storage access on the webserver for easy download/update your community mods.
  • Mod versioning and dependency options to other mods
  • Nice mod presentation with a proper icon, text and categories (markdown)
  • And many more features
You're going to want to watch the first 5-10 minutes of this Retrolux video guide to OMM:

I was able to set it up and get a mod installed in the first 10 minutes of the video.

One particular bug/quirk with OVGME is I never know if a ZIP is going to install and uninstall cleanly. I have to actually do the install and uninstall to be sure it will cleanly do everything it's supposed to. But if the uninstall fails, I may leave the folder dirty. I tested one of these problematic zips with OMM and I'm happy that it just seems to work.

OMM's last update was in September so it's in somewhat active development, you could say, as opposed to being dead like JSGME/OVGME.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this! I'm very new to modding rF2 so I'm having to learn OvGME and OMM to understand how to mod properly, would you have any further resources, videos, or links for extra information on how to set this up specifically for rFactor 2? Thanks again :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back