PitStopBoss

• 10pint

i think i might go with this one

xxxmas.gif
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• SMC67

Once again we have an update! It's not whether Schumacher is going to race for Mercedes, but I'm sure it's just as worth reading.

• Adjusted the restrictions on buying and selling items from the transfer market (non-supporters can access these from level 3 onwards).
  • You cannot sell items immediately after purchasing them.
  • Added some more Free Credit Offers.
  • Fixed Academies so you can now remove declined students.
  • Slightly lowered the Favourite Track bonus as it was a bit too high in many cases.

Race code is coming along, and I currently have a traditional Formula One style race working (well, all the cars are following in a line).

This week I shall be I shall be implementing the improved overtaking and race pace Intelligence routines and hopefully the pileup routines.

If all goes as planned then I wont be far off starting with the initial race testing program in time for Christmas.

Am I hearing you right, you have a live race getting closer.. ?

• Gaffer

Warning for all online gamers!

There have been a number of incidents recently with a lot of online games being targeted by phishers... while it may not seem particularly important for free online games - the realitly is that people are lazy and use the same/similar names/password combinations for more than 1 game.

The incidents have increased dramatically at christmas and usually follow a set pattern... an in game email/pm promising free in-game cash and 'premium' / supporter status.. the pm will contain a link to a form which asked for your account details/email/password etc. - currently a google spreadsheet seems to be the preferred 'attack method'.. the form can be designed to look very similar to the game colours etc and since its a google spreadsheet the attackers try to lend weight to their claim that its official by saying that the game and google have "combined" to give out the free stuff and thats why they need your account details.

not surprisingly what happens is as soon as you give out your details your account is hijacked and thats the last you see of it.

Now there appears to me a little more going on than just a 'phishing trip' for free game details... it has already been reported that some major online games including WOW / GUILDWARS have had accounts 'stolen' because someone was caught by this very attack in a free online sim... as i said above - people are lazy and similar usernames/passwords being used in many games is asking for trouble - 1 hacked = all hacked.

This leads to a very unhappy conclusion - a co-ordinated attack on 'smaller' free games to gain access to usernames and passwords for the major games where vast amounts of real cash can be stolen - I wont go into detail on that - but for those of you who are not aware - there is a major 'undergound' industry in selling 'in game' cash and goods for a lot of these major games.

SO ------ PLEASE ! NEVER EVER GIVE OUT YOUR DETAILS.

If this could be made a sticky it may help.

• Kevin Love

People never realise just to delete every email they recieve?

< Never had a problem atall, because I'm not stupid enough to believe all that "hype" in free credits, etc.

Livery Comp #9

heres the poll for comp 9...

i took it upon myself to post it...didnt know when terry was going to show.

you can view the original livery comp 9 thread here...

http://forum.racedepartment.com/26955-livery-comp-9-a.html

http://forum.racedepartment.com/artboss-news/26955-livery-comp-9-a.html

i have put 10 days on the vote...it will close on 11th january 2010 at 0235

stay tuned for details of livery comp 10

:)

10pint
xxxmas.jpg

bineos
180px-Xmas.png

missmelmo
xmas1.jpg

calibraco
FormulaRenault_UM-moneycopy.jpg

dave_hayes
xmas1a.jpg

artboss
sprouts.jpg

kkuk
XMAS1.jpg

jlincott
ChristmasTheme1.png

daniel higgins
Formula2.jpg

drg51502
jagermeifter2009lotus.jpg

westbeef
xmasliver.png

i think that was everyone...

Vote for the livery that you would use if it was available in game.

• webbo

Most of liveries are just making fun of this holiday- and that is absolutely not acceptable for me. It's disgusting!

Best livery is from bineos, but from some reason it is not in competition.. 180px-Christmas1.png

• Kevin Love

Meh, so what, you'd rather have a livery that represents the real happenings at xmas? Tree, lights, presents, Turkey/Chicken/Ham etc, drink, huge fight and bed?

i agree...the whole point of the comp is fun...

who wants a religious or other less interesting livery?

i want lively, exciting and fun liveries...not dull and boring ones

• webbo

You can have funny livery- but you don't need to make fun from Christmas... And yes, no one didn't say you can't have "exciting" liveries on all other topics..
You didn't answer me why I can't vote for bineos better livery?

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 257 34.0%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 206 27.2%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 143 18.9%
  • Watch party

Votes: 63 8.3%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 18 2.4%