AC Porsche 911 GT3 Cup @ Mugello - Thursday May 18th 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I do believe I saved race 1 too, because I saved 4 Files. That would make a lot of sense if the game creates a file for everey session ;)

Indeed that is what I understood. But it seems my replay is bugged as the game crashes while opening the replay from race 1 but not the one from race 2. It would be so nice if someone could share his race 1 replay.

So full disclosure ... I came into this race green. I had a sudden unexpected free night so came out to get online and noticed there was an RD race on.

I'm still getting back into racing after 7 months off, in which time all the Porsche DLCs had completely passed me by. I'd never driven the GT3 Cup before.

And I missed practice, going straight in for the start of qualifying.

Using stock setup, I can't set cars up anyway.

So with just 5 laps of qualifying under my belt I went in very tentatively, hoping to stay out of trouble, something I only partially achieved.

So finding my feelt a bit in race 1, I still managed to have a few little mini races, but also made a few mistakes.

Here's how it looked running towards the back, from inside the VR helmet.

And race 2.

Managed to start where I left off at the end of race 1, a bit more confidence and consistency.

Managed to keep in touch with the cars in front for most of this race, and it got quite eventful later, with a very, very close finish.

Thanks everyone. After a while away, sim racing in VR has a real 'wow' factor again for me at the moment and running so close to other cars, well it's just breathtaking.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 87 30.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 58 20.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 62 21.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 37 12.9%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 18 6.3%