Resource icon

Sounds Porsche 911 RSR 2017 Sound Mod 1.5.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
I seriously love this sound mod and I love the car. My only complaint is when the car revs at the top of the gear the sound becomes very distorted and kinda hurts my ears (this is for the internal sound). Also during the downshifts the sound might cut off before going into the lower gear.

I seriously love this sound mod and I love the car. My only complaint is when the car revs at the top of the gear the sound becomes very distorted and kinda hurts my ears (this is for the internal sound). Also during the downshifts the sound might cut off before going into the lower gear.

Hi I'm glad you like the sound and thanks for the feedback. I'm struggling to understand why the sounds cuts off sometimes on downshift. It stopped happening for one of the previous versions I released.

As for the distortion sound you mention, it is not actually distortion, its the rev limiter and you should shift up before it kicks in.

If you'd like to hear where I recorded it from, listen to this: https://marshallpruett.podbean.com/e/mp-220-porsche-911-rsr-in-car-audio/
And forward to 0:45:42. (it is also interesting to note that the driver at this time point is absolutely hammering the car and revving into the limiter very often, whereas the driver earlier in the audio, for example at 0:15:00, is not using the whole rev range and is a more calmer driver)

Perhaps in V1.1 I could lower the limiter volume slightly

Last edited:
Un pur bonheur mais à améliorer, le bruit de la voiture en mode ralenti n'est pas assez fort et à chaque changement de rapport c'est bizarre. Sinon en général c'est très agréable et j'espère une nouvelle MAJ prochainement.

Last edited:
Un pur bonheur mais à améliorer, le bruit de la voiture en mode ralenti n'est pas assez fort et à chaque changement de rapport c'est bizarre. Sinon en général c'est très agréable et j'espère une nouvelle MAJ prochainement.
The sound is good, needs to be louder of throttle and when changing gear something is weird. The rest is very good and he hopes for another great mod

[QUOTE = "ltcars, post: 2713823, membre: 247335"] Le son est bon, il faut être plus bruyant et quand on change de vitesse quelque chose est bizarre. Le reste est très bon et espère encore autre mod [/ QUOTE]
[QUOTE = "ACFAN, poste: 2714367, membre: 207490"] Wx

Excellent, merci [/ QUOTE]
[QUOTE = "ltcars, post: 2713823, membre: 247335"] Le son est bon, il faut être plus bruyant et quand on change de vitesse quelque chose est bizarre. Le reste est très bon et il espère un autre bon mod [/ QUOTE]
???Euuuh qu'est ce que j'ai dit de mal???

Votre travail est très bon mais en quoi c'est mal de dire des choses qui ne va pas, en tout cas désolé si vous avez mal pris. Bonne continuation ...

Last edited:

Votre mod est très bon en quoi c'est mal de dire des chose qui ne va pas, en tout cas désolé si vous l'avez mal pris. Bonne continuation...

c'est juste qu'il ne faut pas parler en français. utilise google traduction. c'est un forum anglophone. ils ont juste traduit ce que tu as dit

you just don't have to speak french. use google traduction. it's an english forum. they just translated what you said

[QUOTE = "Mach77, article: 2714444, membre: 256418"] c'est juste qu'il ne faut pas parler en français. utiliser google traduction. c'est un forum anglophone. ils ont juste traduit ce que tu as dit

vous n'avez pas besoin de parler français. utilisez google traduction. C'est un forum anglais. ils ont juste traduit ce que vous avez dit [/ QUOTE]
très bien merci mars77

Apologies for this, but I'm new to PC. I've downloaded and replaced the sound files in the car's sfx folder, but now I've lost all engine sounds on the Porsche 911 RSR 2017. Is there something more I'm supposed to do in addition to replacing those files?

Y
Apologies for this, but I'm new to PC. I've downloaded and replaced the sound files in the car's sfx folder, but now I've lost all engine sounds on the Porsche 911 RSR 2017. Is there something more I'm supposed to do in addition to replacing those files?
You need to replace the file and put the second file from the zip in as well, without it it won't work.

Maybe this could be useful to further improve the mod ;-)

If not, then just listen to it and enjoy as much as I did - put it on full screen, darken the room and turn the volume up ;-)

I have to say, apart from the unique sound stemming from the recording technique, THIS video is the very closest any recording of a 911 RSR 17/18 sounds when being at the racetrack. I had the very pleasure listening to these cars at the last WEC race in Shanghai and this is the closest thing to actually being at the track - it's beautiful!

Maybe this could be useful to further improve the mod ;-)

If not, then just listen to it and enjoy as much as I did - put it on full screen, darken the room and turn the volume up ;-)

I have to say, apart from the unique sound stemming from the recording technique, THIS video is the very closest any recording of a 911 RSR 17/18 sounds when being at the racetrack. I had the very pleasure listening to these cars at the last WEC race in Shanghai and this is the closest thing to actually being at the track - it's beautiful!

Absolutely beautiful indeed! Thank you!

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 21 34.4%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 20 32.8%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • Watch party

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • At a friends house