Resource icon

Sounds Porsche 911 RSR 2017 Sound Mod 1.5.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hey,
first of all very nice sound mod. However I got weird sound stutters from time to time while downshifting. Downshifting sound kicks in without any fade-in (not quite sure how to describe it properly...) Might be related to my system. I use the New Exhaust sounds. Do you have some tipps on settings i can tweak to fix this? Thanks

I'm not sure what you could do. There is an issue where the downshift sample is delayed slightly and then sounds harsher than normal I've been trying to fix that for a long time. It only happens with this mod. My other ones are fine. Not sure sorry about that

Last edited:
Hey in dashcam, the sounds seem like they are external sounds and different from the normal 1st person cam. Is it possible to change this?

Hi. They are recordings from the IMSA onboard camera feed.

It's not possible for you to change it but I cna change it if you want

Ahh I finally found this place so I can give some feedback. I was hoping for the exact opposite thing ramokerat. I really would love to see the 1st person cam has the sound of the dash cam. I have been tweaking the GUID.txt for a while but alas, to no avail. Is it possible to have dash cam sound for the cockpit cam?

Ahh I finally found this place so I can give some feedback. I was hoping for the exact opposite thing ramokerat. I really would love to see the 1st person cam has the sound of the dash cam. I have been tweaking the GUID.txt for a while but alas, to no avail. Is it possible to have dash cam sound for the cockpit cam?

Hi, it isn't currently possible because I have the dashcam audio set to come in at a predefined radius of the engine.

I think it's 1.5 metres. So inside the car the dashcam audio sounds start 1.5m away from the engine. Any distance closer results in the normal cockpit sounds.

Since the onboard cams are more than 1.5m away, but the cockpit is less, the cockpit plays the normal sounds and the onboard cams play the dashcam sounds.

Since I made those dashcam sounds, there's been some kmorveement in the quality of the onboard cams.

So in the next update I'll probably have some options. Cockpit and dashcam, dashcam only and cockpit only

Then you can pick which one suits you

Also I plan to update the old exhaust sounds too

Hi, it isn't currently possible because I have the dashcam audio set to come in at a predefined radius of the engine.

I think it's 1.5 metres. So inside the car the dashcam audio sounds start 1.5m away from the engine. Any distance closer results in the normal cockpit sounds.

Since the onboard cams are more than 1.5m away, but the cockpit is less, the cockpit plays the normal sounds and the onboard cams play the dashcam sounds.

Since I made those dashcam sounds, there's been some kmorveement in the quality of the onboard cams.

So in the next update I'll probably have some options. Cockpit and dashcam, dashcam only and cockpit only

Then you can pick which one suits you

Also I plan to update the old exhaust sounds too
Thanks so much for the explanation! Now I finally understand. I looked at the entire GUID.txt and only found ext or int categories and it perplexed me for more than 10 days how can you product 3 different kinds of sound in one mod. I was a little desperate. I should have asked you earlier knowing you would reply so nicely.;)

Thanks so much for the explanation! Now I finally understand. I looked at the entire GUID.txt and only found ext or int categories and it perplexed me for more than 10 days how can you product 3 different kinds of sound in one mod. I was a little desperate. I should have asked you earlier knowing you would reply so nicely.;)
No worries

Happy to help

No worries

Happy to help

Apologize in advance if it bothers you. I would like to ask if you are planning to release a newer version of this sound mod, which allows us to choose between the cockpit sound and the dash cam sound in first person view. For example, I would like to hear the dashcam sound while driving in helmet cam (because I use triples) and others may want the opposite. Would you considering doing so if that is not very time consuming? Thanks a lot.

Apologize in advance if it bothers you. I would like to ask if you are planning to release a newer version of this sound mod, which allows us to choose between the cockpit sound and the dash cam sound in first person view. For example, I would like to hear the dashcam sound while driving in helmet cam (because I use triples) and others may want the opposite. Would you considering doing so if that is not very time consuming? Thanks a lot.

Hi, I am considering doing it, but at the moment I'm taking a bit of a break from sound modding because I have a few other projects to catch up on.

well, it's basically the same sound than the original 911 RSR 2017(the dual separated exhaust one, Kunos model) but directed to the side. it can be a nice addition, but you can even redo your old exhaust sound with this one :)

well, it's basically the same sound than the original 911 RSR 2017(the dual separated exhaust one, Kunos model) but directed to the side. it can be a nice addition, but you can even redo your old exhaust sound with this one :)
Imo this has a more 'Ford gt' type sound especially from the outside.

The old exhaust sound was much less monotone and has a couple of distinguishable engine notes especially off throttle.

Can i somehow change the volume of this sound mod? Although your sound mods are perfect (especially this and C7r), due to the higher volume i can hear the rest of the cars (onboard, replays...)
Thanks

Can i somehow change the volume of this sound mod? Although your sound mods are perfect (especially this and C7r), due to the higher volume i can hear the rest of the cars (onboard, replays...)
Thanks
That'd be quite time consuming to do from my end. I'll consider it in a future update for both sounds.

From your end you can turn the opponent volume up or down through the AC audio app depending on your preference.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Watch party

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 1 5.3%