Post Pictures thread (Part 2)

Find the screenshot thread part 1: here

A project..

screenshot082copy.jpg

Hmmm, mipmap drawing with DDS is useful for this kinda thing!

That said, I'm sure Ruud mentioned not using it because on-board mipmap creation was faster or better!? Either way, probably best to have yet another per-shader flag that defines that property if that is the case, since it's not needed for all textures :D

Dave

It's so hard to be sure of anything, because Carlswood is hardly realistic feeling or looking.

Do you think a 'white room' is a good idea. Turn off the diffuse lighting and run just a little ambient, and then have the envmap reflecting high emission materials in the scene (kinda like a HDR studio environment map)

In v0.8.20 turning off textures (textures.enable=0) will make all textures white instead of colory. You may want to try that, although I'm not sure if it's really useful as alpha is gone too.

That is a cool option to have and to try!

Did you mentioned the thing about mipmapping in my post above? I recall you mentioning not using mipmaps off DDS and running them on the fly since it was more efficient!? I might just be making things up though haha.

Dave

For DavidI:
This is the shader that I use to get good fences with ver 0.0819. No moire paterns.

shader_fence~vf_standard_transparent
{
compression=0
sort_offset=51
cull=none
shininess=1
layer0
{
map=fence.tga
alpha_to_coverage=1
alphafunc=greater 40
wrap_t=clamp_to_edge
}
}

thanks Boomer, compression=0 &alpha_to_coverage=1 made it a lot better, too many things to remember these days...

some screenies, using a tga texture which I cleaned up the alpha a bit better, enlarged the wire mesh loops slightly. My bump-mapped sand's in shot too.

Attachments

• screenshot002.jpg
    screenshot002.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 187
  • screenshot003.jpg
    screenshot003.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 158
thanks Boomer, compression=0 &alpha_to_coverage=1 made it a lot better, too many things to remember these days...

some screenies, using a tga texture which I cleaned up the alpha a bit better, enlarged the wire mesh loops slightly. My bump-mapped sand's in shot too.

Looking good :D

compression is rather nasty on some materials... on bump mapped tyres especially it REALLY hurts the quality, probably because normal maps are rather low contrast and so it thinks it can compress them more than you should...

Dave

Anybody fancy a game of car-football?:) It really works but I need a good fwd-car...
and can you make the 'ball' more bouncy and lighter?

Attachments

• football1.jpg
    football1.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 440
  • football2.jpg
    football2.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 363
Heh! That is soo cool! I remember driving it alot on Four Oaks,
it seemed like the perfect vehicle for the dam area. Funny thing,
I forgot all about my Four Oaks update (Elan Valley).. have to get
back to that one some day..
Thanks, yet i've updated it's .ini , added lights ect... i think i'll make a new dashboard!
nice laguna!
Thanks need some texturing!
Scenic with CG and CSM

But yet i'm with an crap HD2400 so running under no cg mode :(

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 3 15.8%