Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

@MildenMan27 Will I get my bonus 2 points :)

image.jpg

Well done to my team-mate @Gareth Williams as well, sterling effort from him today, especially with his wheel, setup and pit strategy resetting before Qualifying. I'll miss you in my ear throughout the race next week mate!
Nice one on the win :)

Shocking as well mate, it kept trying to use the controller as main input on the game, wouldn't let me set wheel as main input,
Then join back in and find foggy quali was like cant be serious lol, then no setup to load, wasn't to be it seemed lol,
the pit strategy let me down the most, cost me loads having to reset all the settings while sitting in the box lol, but never mind, I thought my pace was alright tbf,

Don't worry I shall return hehe :)

Blue flag man wasn't at the track tonight either?

Nice one on the win :)

Shocking as well mate, it kept trying to use the controller as main input on the game, wouldn't let me set wheel as main input,
Then join back in and find foggy quali was like cant be serious lol, then no setup to load, wasn't to be it seemed lol,
the pit strategy let me down the most, cost me loads having to reset all the settings while sitting in the box lol, but never mind, I thought my pace was alright tbf,

Don't worry I shall return hehe :)

Blue flag man wasn't at the track tonight either?
I can't wait for your return mate haha, can't take these guys on my own;) We'll have to look into the blue flags mate, but I think you did an amazing job given the circumstances, I'm sure you'll be at the front when you return for Dubai! Have to get some testing in this week with you for Dubai so that while you're away I can work on setup mate haha:p God help us if I'm our technical man:roflmao::cry: @Adam Morris will tell you I'm by no means a setup guru!:unsure:

I really find it odd that the pedals on the higher end model seem worse than my budget one. I love them how they are out of the box and haven't even looked at the adjustable plates yet as they feel so good already.

For me it is not the plates that are the problem it is the resistance it's not progressive at all it works but it's just not progressive doesn't feel right at all so I need a new pedal set or I need to do it might dead which is impossible for me basically.

The problem is Thrustmasters "Elite" pedals aren't any better. Their idea of a Factory brake mod is merely a door stop on a metal bracket. And they tout that as if they are proud of it. Even the cheapest Fanatec pedals had adjustable spring rates on their pedals. I had my pedals just right with my Fanatec and then go to the sloppy pedals of the Thrustmaster. Yes, they did a fantabulous job on the wheel, but the pedals were almost an afterthought. We can't all be twinkle toes like Peter, LoL. I'm heavy footed and when I press down on the brake pedal I expect some kind of resistance. I've driven a stock car with no Power-assist brakes, the pedal is hard to push down, not like your road car at all. The TX pedals are like a road car, but you have ABS standard in most road cars. You can't use these pedals without ABS. That's why I installed the RC Shocks. I'm still dialing them in but that little mod cost less than $30 and I think I will be happier with them in the long run. The alternative, is to by Fanatec's CSR Elite pedals ($300) with Load Cell Technology and use a Jon Basher Board ($48) to make the pedals compatible. You can look at the Thrustmaster Pedals set all you want but there still is no adjustable spring rate resistance and only a rubber stopper to keep you from locking all the way down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 32 8.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 19 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 28 7.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.6%