Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Sounds about right lol. I just use an office chair and a sturdy multilevel desk to attach my tx/pedals to with a 32'' Panasonic screen right in front of it. I use another low height desk off to the right where my th8a shifter is attached. it's not the best setup but I'm used to it and it works great! I hope to one day get a wheelstand and improve the TX system with some more of the great add on products they offer like the t3pa's and the GT rim.

let me know what ya want to do I'm not sure on what number to use for the gte. thanks.....and I know I want be the fastest in that car but I have done a 202 in z4 before. thanks....

Hey man, do you like the look of the #36 Aston? I'm running the #37 livery and it would be cool to have a teammate with a similar one. Nova is running the #22, so if you find one similar to that if you'd prefer, you can go for that. GTE's FTW!

I built this rig myself. Using the Ricmotec as my inspiration, I decided I could build mine without paying the $36 for the blueprints. So I sketched it out and built it. It's evolved and I'm always trying to improve. Its also on Casters so I can fold up the seat and roll it into that space beside the TV stand and the shoe shelf on the wall. I have a 55" LED Samsung on which I play on.
IMG_20150530_160924_zpsub3gxiya.jpg

IMG_20141126_210613_zps437965db.jpg

I got these decals from Ebay.
IMG_20150829_182214_zps5zuiczan.jpg

Last edited:
Did you manage to find out if this is indeed true? would love to clear button space for the wipers but I'd keep the headlight button for flashing traffic ;)

I have not heard this before either Nic, but it has never happened to me, especially when it's most important...in the rain. I have tested this personally. Whether lights and wipers can pop on when the game thinks you need them is irrelevant. Freeing up extra buttons only because you believe lights come on when *you* need them is secondary to being seen by others when conditions are less than ideal, including rain and fog, as this is critical to being a safe and clean racer. Even our crude look-away system is nowhere near what a regular driver has (hence the triple screen setup at the highest levels). And videos from many a veteran driver will show good use of these buttons. I learned from one of the best...Peter.

To not map any buttons that enable you to look anywhere but straight out the front, in a narrow POV (or turn on the wipers, which do not magically come on for me) because you want more settings to adjust, is not only inviting trouble, but irresponsible, IMO, and will result in unnecessary collisions and damage that you could have prevented if you want to be a careful racer. It's critical that you be aware of your surroundings, as is any driver who tries to race fair and clean. I certainly hope that drivers realize this in the console world (the F1 guys were very good at this, and I learned much from them).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 407 69.1%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 258 43.8%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 277 47.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 121 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 163 27.7%
Back