Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

No DirectX12 improvement likely on pCARS --
"We're looking into it but I'd say it's too much for this version. We think it could add another 6-7%. It would require an engine rewrite though."
-- Ian Bell

No DirectX12 improvement likely on pCARS --
"We're looking into it but I'd say it's too much for this version. We think it could add another 6-7%. It would require an engine rewrite though."
-- Ian Bell
Yeah that's what I posted earlier in the week Robert, I read the same thread looking for some info ;)

Not too worried about that though. It's good enough as it is and there are bigger things to look at for them.

Yo Peter

Like with all of the tweakables, you have varying levels of freedom depending on what car you're in. I'm in the Audi which is also limited in pretty much every category. Try a few of the others, I think the beemer is highly adjustable
Yeah I was just surprised to see that the gearing appears to be very limited. Whether it's just these cars I am not sure i'll have to go back and check. The parameters are far greater in most other areas that I have looked at but gearing really looks as though you can't adjust them much at all.. at least individually.

Yeah I was just surprised to see that the gearing appears to be very limited. Whether it's just these cars I am not sure i'll have to go back and check. The parameters are far greater in most other areas that I have looked at but gearing really looks as though you can't adjust them much at all.. at least individually.

Check out the Z4. Not much room on individually changing gears, but has much more play on final drive. The Audi is brilliant. Literally 3-5 options for everything, which is good for lazy tuners like me

I haven't managed to get in a full race practice, just a couple of shorter races (10 laps Wednesday night and 8 first thing this morning). I set it at 4x tyre wear to try to replicate the race tomorrow (thought it was 21 laps and just noticed it's 26 but no biggie).

Managed to get in some fairly consistent laps this morning although still lacking outright pace so i'll be relying on that consistency to try to take a place or two over the course of the race.

Actually have started to like the track more than I expected. It's quite a tough one to find those little bits of extra time to bea tyour best and that final chicane and final turn can quickly turn a green lap back into the red lol.

Very impressed with the AI behaviour but wish we could up them by smaller increments than ten at a time :/ I assumed that the slider method would give us much more flexibility so was a bit disappointed to find that was not the case. Still ten levels is better than any others I have gotten used to so shouldn't complain really.

I haven't managed to get in a full race practice, just a couple of shorter races (10 laps Wednesday night and 8 first thing this morning). I set it at 4x tyre wear to try to replicate the race tomorrow (thought it was 21 laps and just noticed it's 26 but no biggie).

Managed to get in some fairly consistent laps this morning although still lacking outright pace so i'll be relying on that consistency to try to take a place or two over the course of the race.

Actually have started to like the track more than I expected. It's quite a tough one to find those little bits of extra time to bea tyour best and that final chicane and final turn can quickly turn a green lap back into the red lol.

Very impressed with the AI behaviour but wish we could up them by smaller increments than ten at a time :/ I assumed that the slider method would give us much more flexibility so was a bit disappointed to find that was not the case. Still ten levels is better than any others I have gotten used to so shouldn't complain really.

To me, 90% is just about perfect for A.I. For instance, I did a full race with qualy last night, and managed by best time so far in warmup (1:59110) and then fought my way to first from the back until the A.I. pitted. I only has about a 2:00-2:02 pace, but that was pretty good. Of course, the A.I. pitted and I didn't, but I still won (ummm...offs....still an issue here. lol) What is really encouraging is the even pace I can set. Much like Oulton, my laps are tight, and that's important to me, even thought they may not be the fastest. BTW, tire wear is noticeable, but not over-bearing. I hit the fuel mark perfectly, thank God.

This is a tough track to love, but it's like any great track, such as Silverstone, the more you know it, the better it gets.

To me, 90% is just about perfect for A.I. For instance, I did a full race with qualy last night, and managed by best time so far in warmup (1:59110) and then fought my way to first from the back until the A.I. pitted. I only has about a 2:00-2:02 pace, but that was pretty good. Of course, the A.I. pitted and I didn't, but I still won (ummm...offs....still an issue here. lol) What is really encouraging is the even pace I can set. Much like Oulton, my laps are tight, and that's important to me, even thought they may not be the fastest. BTW, tire wear is noticeable, but not over-bearing. I hit the fuel mark perfectly, thank God.

This is a tough track to love, but it's like any great track, such as Silverstone, the more you know it, the better it gets.
Sounds good Robert,

We are probably fairly close on outright pace. I tend to quali in the 59's but in the race I got to 58's with the rest at 59 apart from the opening lap. Had three laps in a row at 1:59.001, 1:59.001, 1:59.005 lol

Just had another quick lunchtime session trying out a little setup tweak but didn't like it so will revert to what I had previously. Haven't changed much but enough to make the car more comfortable.

Reactions: Rob
I watched your Twitch Peter, I never considered going into first for the 3rd turn, but it makes since. Aside from your couple of offs, you were very consistent every time. I may try going to 1st for that turn and the Chicane, so far I've been dropping to 2nd for the Chicane and straddling the two kurbings of the chicane but you have to be off the brake and throttle when you hit the kurb of the car does weird stuff.
So are you and Ceasar running the Rapa Livery?

I just found it better in first in those places. I have tried staying in second but it just doesn't feel as good for me. I was on 80% AI for that race and as you can see that was way too low and I ended up a long way in front but at least got in some laps undisturbed. I was pretty happy with the session and just need to find some more overall pace.

I meant to be in the Vollmer #65 I want to run, the Rapa was one I looked and thought I had changed it to the Vollmer for that race but when I went to the circuit there I was in the Rapa lol. I have to discuss further with DAmon but I love the racing green of the Vollmer :thumbsup: I wish you could actually customise it so you can add your own number.

I found first to be better 9 times out of ten.but there is that magic line if taken correctly with ur setup that 2nd feels great and prob faster .for turn three that is.just most the time I was braking to late and first was needed ..hard to keep rpm up in second in that turn. For me anyhow

I found first to be better 9 times out of ten.but there is that magic line if taken correctly with ur setup that 2nd feels great and prob faster .for turn three that is.just most the time I was braking to late and first was needed ..hard to keep rpm up in second in that turn. For me anyhow

I found this to be entirely true also in the Ruf. In fact it's a bit of a no-win situation. First is too low, I believe, if you hit the turn just right, and second is too high if you don't. And I never know which it will be! lol. So, I tend to stay in 2nd, although the third turn was tried a few times in 1st, with good results, when I needed to have a pull through there due to slowing too much. Interesting how each car has very different gears which drastically alters (or can) you strategy. Bentley is a good case there for me. They say that since the FIA spec on these cars match what's in the game re; tuning, then that's why cars are all over the map with this. Some are geared better for some tracks. Like I said earlier, my very first lap weeks ago in the BMW Z was a 1:59, with no real turn to speak of. But the Ruf feels very stable. That's a good feeling. Now I just have to take advantage of it.

Last edited:
I'm getting really worried about my game crashing. I had three freezes tonight playing. I've had to do a hard reset everytime. It almost seems like the game is getting worse. The last time it froze I had couldn't even get back into the game.

finally able to get a lobby with McNasty and we ran the AI at 100%. I didn't qualify, not that it would matter much, the AI 100% are all about 1:57, started at the back and was doing pretty bad. Then around lap 8 or so I started to get my rhythm about the time McNasty lost his with some contact with the AI. I worked my way up to 6th before the AI started pitting. I had the strategy to go all the way. So I passed who I could and thought I had a huge advantage. But the leaders were far enough ahead along with the fresh tires caught me up with about 6 laps to go. Then the battle was on. I manged to hold off 2nd, 3rd, and 4th as they fought each other. Tires have a about a 1.5 second fall off at least on a good lap. I was lucky to run under 2:00 by the end of the race, but the AI minded their manners as I protected the inside line. Just hope I can find my rhythm early tomorrow, and my game doesn't Freakin FREEZE up and crash! I swear I've never had this issue up until last Sunday, now its happened more times then I can count. Makes me wonder if It's a Memory Issue. I'm not going to turn on my XB1 until 4:15 and keep it fresh with a fan blowing on it. I did a Hard Reset turning it off tonight.

finally able to get a lobby with McNasty and we ran the AI at 100%. I didn't qualify, not that it would matter much, the AI 100% are all about 1:57, started at the back and was doing pretty bad. Then around lap 8 or so I started to get my rhythm about the time McNasty lost his with some contact with the AI. I worked my way up to 6th before the AI started pitting. I had the strategy to go all the way. So I passed who I could and thought I had a huge advantage. But the leaders were far enough ahead along with the fresh tires caught me up with about 6 laps to go. Then the battle was on. I manged to hold off 2nd, 3rd, and 4th as they fought each other. Tires have a about a 1.5 second fall off at least on a good lap. I was lucky to run under 2:00 by the end of the race, but the AI minded their manners as I protected the inside line. Just hope I can find my rhythm early tomorrow, and my game doesn't Freakin FREEZE up and crash! I swear I've never had this issue up until last Sunday, now its happened more times then I can count. Makes me wonder if It's a Memory Issue. I'm not going to turn on my XB1 until 4:15 and keep it fresh with a fan blowing on it. I did a Hard Reset turning it off tonight.

I can't say I've had this, but I can't say it's unusual with the history of pCARS. Hang in there.

Your race was interesting...
I never would have thought the A.I. would have that much of an advantage. I don't think my Ruf tires fall off that much at all. I was pulling laps within 1-2 second all the way through the practice race, but with a lighter car and the fronts not being weighted down, maybe the game really is that much of a SIM. It's kind of shocking, because a lot of the corners, esp. one and sector two, are the kind where you use your brakes to turn, at least in the Ruf. The slide has to be practiced and very controlled, otherwise it loses time instead of gaining it and you risk crash. One of the joys of GT driving. :inlove: The Bentley might give us the answer, or the Aston. But that's exactly what I wanted when I set up the league. The quandary as to whether to pit or not, even with no mandatory stop. But remember, in the real series, they must switch drivers, so I'm pretty sure they change tires too. Even on the short races. However, there are very few short races in the actual series. I picked Nurburg because we do not have one of the tracks and it is a track they have visited recently. Wanted to keep it real. I see it's getting more real. Good. But your info is very interesting. I'm sure you will experience non-A.I. like behavior with the actual race. lol. Let's hope everyone has a long happy and fruitful finish.

Blimey, I don't use nearly that much fuel. I'm around 2.5 litres per lap on normal usage...

I had an engine blowout yesterday in a practice race I was running so clearly need to alter my radiator setting. I hadn't changed it from Oulton but guess the long straights stress things out more. The weird thing was that I had just watched a replay of something before the blowout but when I went back to watch the blowout in the replay the car was chucking out smoke through the whole section of the lap including the part that I had watched previously which at that time showed no smoke.. Very odd :O_o:.

I was running in first place at the time too having had a really entertaining battle over the first dozen laps climbing from 10th place. I was running close behind cars for quite a while too so that probably contributed to my car running hot as well.

Probably won't get any more track time until our race so will have to look at it in the practice session.

Blimey, I don't use nearly that much fuel. I'm around 2.5 litres per lap on normal usage...

I had an engine blowout yesterday in a practice race I was running so clearly need to alter my radiator setting. I hadn't changed it from Oulton but guess the long straights stress things out more. The weird thing was that I had just watched a replay of something before the blowout but when I went back to watch the blowout in the replay the car was chucking out smoke through the whole section of the lap including the part that I had watched previously which at that time showed no smoke.. Very odd :O_o:.

I was running in first place at the time too having had a really entertaining battle over the first dozen laps climbing from 10th place. I was running close behind cars for quite a while too so that probably contributed to my car running hot as well.

Probably won't get any more track time until our race so will have to look at it in the practice session.

Interesting to hear. Mind me asking what your radiator settings were? Mine is set at 50% but TBH, I have not monitored the temps all that closely. No blowouts in two practice races through....

Interesting to hear. Mind me asking what your radiator settings were? Mine is set at 50% but TBH, I have not monitored the temps all that closely. No blowouts in two practice races through....
I had it at 35, same as Oulton but knew it was likely going to need a change here as the temp was going up to dangerous levels once past about ten laps. It was fine for the short races i did but the longer one to mirror ours was just pushing it too much. Lost performance as well when the temperature was up too high. Good to see though as it shows you can't just stick to one setup for each track :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 301 34.5%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 245 28.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 164 18.8%
  • Watch party

Votes: 67 7.7%