proTyres

Apps proTyres 2.0.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Last edited:
can't seem to get real-time readings for the Mercedes 190E Evo II - just stuck at Not Calibrated.

Has worked for the BMW E90 DTM & Alfa 155 V6 TI following same method;

Run 5 laps (1 out lap, 1 in lap, 3 'fast' laps)
Enter pits
Check updated readings (Laps to Go)

The Mercedes just doesn't want to give me that Laps to Go info. Will try unpacking data and going again.

Edit: Unpacking data doesn't help.
Edit 2: Deleted data.acd & copied over necessary ini's & lut from data folder into PT folder, no change, still (not calibrated)

Last edited:
can't seem to get real-time readings for the Mercedes 190E Evo II - just stuck at Not Calibrated.

What track and conditions are you using? The tyres must start to wear down for the app to start calibrate the estimation of laps.
I can make an test run, but if other readings are working it should be ok unless some fishy files.

What track and conditions are you using? The tyres must start to wear down for the app to start calibrate the estimation of laps.
I can make an test run, but if other readings are working it should be ok unless some fishy files.

Norisring & Optimal setting via Content Manager.

I've been doing further digging and found this in the ProTyres.ini (lib folder)

1588116187117.png

The Alfa 155 is showing Laps to Go on all compounds after the test scenario described in my last post.

I can confirm that the Hard (presumably H210) compound is showing estimated.

Is this a scenario where I just need to continue running laps until I get a Estimated/Laps to Go reading?

Last edited:
I think I've got it figured out.

I could run about 9/10 laps on the S or M compound and not get a reading.

However, with the H compound I do, and can get readings for the S & M compounds after switching to H and back to S or M.

1. Start AC session
2. Default to M or S tyres > no reading
3. Esc back to pits
4. Change compound to H > Drive
5. Estimated reading straight away.
6. Esc back to pits
7. Change compound to S or M > Drive
8. Estimated readings for both compounds straight away.

Very odd.

Well, there is an logic behind that. Values in the file are wear calibration index for compound/distance.

Thats why you need to drive so you start to wear the tyre, it's somewhat linear so we can estimate.

Also, when you change to an new compound, it will use the old values if new ones is missing as an estimate for the indexes.

The values are then fine tuned during driving, but if you never start wear the tyre, the old values used will not be saved.

Make sure your tyre starts to wear, first new tyre marker will disappear, then after a while wear will start to drop. Normally this happen faster on soft than hard.

Indexes are then saved to this file when changing compound or exit session.

You can enable both log and pit board reading of wear after each stint thru settings.

Last edited:
Well, there is an logic behind that. Values in the file are wear calibration index for compound/distance.

Thats why you need to drive so you start to wear the tyre, it's somewhat linear so we can estimate.

Also, when you change to an new compound, it will use the old values if new ones is missing as an estimate for the indexes.

The values are then fine tuned during driving, but if you never start wear the tyre, the old values used will not be saved.

Make sure your tyre starts to wear, first new tyre marker will disappear, then after a while wear will start to drop. Normally this happen faster on soft than hard.

Indexes are then saved to this file when changing compound or exit session.

You can enable both log and pit board reading of wear after each stint thru settings.
So instead of adding manual support for mod cars all i need to do is keep wearing the tires?

So instead of adding manual support for mod cars all i need to do is keep wearing the tires?

Not sure I understand the question here, but all cars, mod or not, have this wear tables but they are in virtual km. This value is not available thru the python interface. So to "translate" this to actual laps/km protyres calibrates this table, for this to happen the tyres needs to start to wear. This calibration is "alive" all the time to adapt to your setup/driving behavior.

The short answer is yes.

Why am I getting error with this app? I used before CSP was launched. Now I want to use agaain, but I'm getting error. I cant use both, but it works when not using CSP. Some help?

Try change this value to zero
[APPS]
CUSTOM_ERRORS_HANDLING=0 ; Custom errors handling for Python apps; 1 or 0
(in ..\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config)

Not sure I understand the question here, but all cars, mod or not, have this wear tables but they are in virtual km. This value is not available thru the python interface. So to "translate" this to actual laps/km protyres calibrates this table, for this to happen the tyres needs to start to wear. This calibration is "alive" all the time to adapt to your setup/driving behavior.

The short answer is yes.
Every time i used a car with protyres, if the car was stock game, the value table would be loaded, with a mod car, it wouldn't, so i had assumed the value tables for the modded cars would have to be added in manually. I guess i was just not trying enough laps.

Every time i used a car with protyres, if the car was stock game, the value table would be loaded, with a mod car, it wouldn't, so i had assumed the value tables for the modded cars would have to be added in manually. I guess i was just not trying enough laps.
if you installed the ini&lut pack for the specific mod, it should work or post here or send me an pm.

You need to copy the pack files yes, it might change in the future, I'm looking into reading the data.acd directly.
Right. That was my question. Since i like using a lot of experimental and not really the highest quality mod cars i experience the thing of lack of data a lot. I wonder if it could be a function implemented that protyres estimates the values based on the real time wear of the tires, like with the fuel, after a few laps. Or that it requires you to run all tires to 0% grip to get data.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 472 70.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 284 42.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 308 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 136 20.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 181 27.0%
Back