Ps3 controller setup

T

tunaphis

• tunaphis

I've searched so sorry if this has been posted before but I'd very much like any advice on making the R2\L2 triggers on the ps3 controller proportional ie be able to hold constant speed not on\off like I have now.have downloaded Motionjoy but its not clear on what setup is the one I should use,at the moment I have Sixaxias driver 0.91 installed and it works great steering but braking and throttle are as above.any help gets a free puppy.

I've searched so sorry if this has been posted before but I'd very much like any advice on making the R2\L2 triggers on the ps3 controller proportional ie be able to hold constant speed not on\off like I have now.have downloaded Motionjoy but its not clear on what setup is the one I should use,at the moment I have Sixaxias driver 0.91 installed and it works great steering but braking and throttle are as above.any help gets a free puppy.

Although I have a racing wheel which is what I use the majority of the time. I have set up my ps3 controller to work in a racing sim.

Sadly what I found is that there is no way to get the R2/L2 triggers to act as triggers. So if you want to use your controller what you will have to do is set forward on the right analong stick to the gas pedal and backwards on the right analog stick to brakes. This takes some time to get used to but it is a drivable setup. This allows you to modulate how much gas or brake you want to use rather than full throttle or full brakes.

Doing this has allowed me to drive decently well in Race07 using the ps3 controller but you are unable to use the brake and gas at the same time.

Hope this helps,
Sean.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 16 9.1%
  • Monthly

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 3 1.7%