PWM fans with most powerful airflow?

I have 2 Thermalright TY-143 pwm fans for my wind simulator. They are 14 cm fans and have can reach 2500 rpm, with a maximum airflow of 130 cfm. When I ordered them I was a bit concern about noise, and in this sense I'm very happy because they're rather silent even at full speed. However, I find that their airflow is not enough now that I'm wearing a VR headset and headphones. Using my new noise-isolating headphones means that I no longer have to worry about noise levels, so I'm considering replacing my fans with much more powerful models. I've been browsing the web in search for pwm fans that offer the most powerful airlflow possible. I have found few models with more than 200 cfm. However, they are 12 cm. I don't know if that will be enough. They also run at very high rpm (4500 or 5000). Do you think that will make their lifespan to short? The best candidate I have found is this one, featuring 252 cfm. I have no idea about its quality. It seems it comes from China, considering the delivery time is more than one month. Any other models, preferably available in Europe?

Last edited:
I have found some high speed 14 cm fans by a brand called Delta, but quite expensive.

Delta PFM1412DEB7V, 14", 6500 rpm, 282 cfm, 50€

Would you trust something like this?
14 cm, 6450 rpm, 328 cfm.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 166 66.9%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 110 44.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 117 47.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 69 27.8%
Back