Question for VR users

atomed

Inigo de la Fuente
I own a MSI laptop with a 1060 6gb card and 16gb RAM. The cpu is an i7 and play rF2 in a Oculus S headset.
I am now thinking between two purchase possibilities. First it would be a higher end laptop, with more RAM and a 2080. The other option would be a Valve Index headset. Taking the money factor out of the variables, what would you guys do?

I have i5 8600k @4.8GHz, GTX 1060 6Gb and 16Gb of ram so pretty same than yours. Using Lenovo Explorer.

With current settings I can't race with 20 AI and on night and rain without massive FPS drops (lowering settings anymore of this isn't option to me) so I would go with better PC if had the $ now

Edit: I don't think you are gaining that much anything with more ram. Better CPU and GPU is more important way.

I have i5 8600k @4.8GHz, GTX 1060 6Gb and 16Gb of ram so pretty same than yours. Using Lenovo Explorer.

With current settings I can't race with 20 AI and on night and rain without massive FPS drops (lowering settings anymore of this isn't option to me) so I would go with better PC if had the $ now

Edit: I don't think you are gaining that much anything with more ram. Better CPU and GPU is more important way.
I see, so maybe the order should be first more power and then a better headset.
Thanks.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 413 69.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 261 43.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 282 47.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 124 20.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 165 27.6%
Back