Question on tyre wear

adamb

Premium
I have just finished a 16 lap race at Suzuka, driving a Mercedes GT3

Around lap 6 I noticed that my right front was around 50% worn (bar half empty). I was locking up the tyres quite a few times into the hairpin and final chicane. However, temps were normal - bar remained green all the time, if it's supposed to represent temps.

I adjusted by dropping around 1.5 secs a lap, braking more gently and going slower into turns so that I can apply throttle earlier (I always assume that less coasting was conserving front tyres).

In the end I finished with about 10% remaining but I have no idea whether the issue was the lockups or too many left turns... Again, temps looked good

Hi Adamb,
you can check your settings. There is a tire wear multiplier which is best set to real.

As far as I know the bar in the HUD doesn't show the full 100% of the tire wear. it would have to be 50% or something, which means you had about 60% tires left at the end of your race.

There are racetracks where individual tires are heavily loaded.
i would say that is normal.

Last edited:
Tyre wear has long been a pain in the arse to set up...

You have to accelerate it and have authentic fuel use to get close to realistic for the player physics... So the tyre wear rate has to be double that of the fuel use rate...

It's not like Reiza don't know how a tyre is supposed to wear, the SETA tyre model is just not made to comply to sim racing and therefore doesn't allow them to tune the tyres easily...

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 494 69.0%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 303 42.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 327 45.7%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 154 21.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 195 27.2%
Back