Question: Which Series Would You Most Like to See Made into a Sim?

WEC/IMSA... mixed classes. GT3 only is boring. Maybe a historical version too where you can run the older field, cars like the Ferrari 333sp... before everything became electronic.

Not indycar now, but the C-A-R-T of the late 90s (later IZOD ChampCars of the early 00s). Those were like F1 cars with less downforce, turbo 2.65L v8 doing approx 850 hp - thirsty due to methanol but you could mess with boost levels. Handling was much more forgiving than the F1 cars which were too on the edge. More mechanical grip, less aero/OCD grip lol.
Cart 1998 race at portland... started w Zanardi with funny commentary (go to 1 hr 22mins to see this part onboard cam)

Mostly BTCC, and i love 90-00's but i think actual seasons are the best and there's a lot of different brands.

Nürburgring VLN Endurance racing Series would be great too but i guess is a
mastodontic work.

435330.jpg

Ok that will never happen, but modern high grip super tech cars doesnt tickle my butt as much as the powerful old school machines and it would have been lovely to have a whole series made professionally. :)
Nice old photo of Laguna Seca. That's my home track. Been going there for 30+ years. And I'm with you on the Can Am, Assetto Corsa Legends are fantastic. Needs a bit of an update, but still fun and challenging.

IMSA, although iRacing has 90% of the cars they need. They just need an Dpi car and they're basically done. Love that series though. So good.

Australian V8's would be my second choice, but I haven't found a sim with good physics that I like for these cars yet.

WEC/IMSA... mixed classes. GT3 only is boring. Maybe a historical version too where you can run the older field, cars like the Ferrari 333sp... before everything became electronic.

Not indycar now, but the C-A-R-T of the late 90s (later IZOD ChampCars of the early 00s). Those were like F1 cars with less downforce, turbo 2.65L v8 doing approx 850 hp - thirsty due to methanol but you could mess with boost levels. Handling was much more forgiving than the F1 cars which were too on the edge. More mechanical grip, less aero/OCD grip lol.
Cart 1998 race at portland... started w Zanardi with funny commentary (go to 1 hr 22mins to see this part onboard cam)
You not only hit the series (and almost the year itself) but you also hit my by far favorite track. Portland. @@
If you were a girl, I would marry you. Err... on a second thought.... :D

CART, yes, just look at my avatar.
I would PREFER 1997 season (same as the season in this game) but I really, really doubt anyone would go that niche far.
So, at least... IndyCar of season 2019, would buy instantly, regardless of the game itself.
Project Cars ...3, maybe. :) If nothing else, better, would be an option. :D

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 68 88.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 24 31.2%