RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Kieran Mcgeachy

Quali went really well with a new PB of 2.14.445. Cracking lap times for everyone btw brilliant!!

Race
6 laps in i was 7th or 6th got stop and go and looked up to see it and back wheel hit the dirt which spun me at back straight "puncture". So i pitted and it wouldn't fix the puncture because of the stop and go

raging i couldn't go a full lap with a puncture it would crack me up lol so packed it in. Awell there's always next eh!! Grats to the podium and all that finished!!

Thanks to Yves and Andrew for setting this event up.

quote=Dave Stephenson;257723]

If you feel someone should have contacted you with an appology feel free to contact them, nicely and in the right frame of mind.

quote]

Just like to say if anyone feels they should have an apology from me for any race, not just this one, feel free to PM me - If I've not apologised in game or waited it either means I didn't even know what I'd done or didn't think I had done anything wrong. Just tell me where, when, and what you think I did wrong and I'll have a look and get back to you with (most probably) an apology.

2nd The auto pit would not work at all for me. This may need to be tested by someone else to confirm. Also if you start in the top 3 your pit box will be the at the very entrance to the pit lane and you will over shoot if your not on the brakes the second you enter the pit. This may also be a problem for anyone following someone who has one of the first 3 spots as they will have to stop immediately. We may need to consider if we will use the mandatory stop because I think its going to affect the outcome of the race. Check it out and tell me if I'm correct.

The pits entry and pitbox positioning at this track is certainly bad. Hopefully, all the cars in the pitbay become ghosts, or we'll never be able to get past cars already pitting.
Re the entry, it is in a terrible spot, but if the pitting car slows a little early and keeps veeeery tight to the inside wall before the entry, the following cars should be warned and able to keep wider on exit of the turn to avoid hitting the car in front. Pity these cars don't have working indicator lights. This one may be a case where people should use a pre-set chat stating "pitting in" .

I haven't tried autopit since I do it manually. Everyone is advised to do some practice pitstops before the race, preferably on-line when other cars are there to see where their pitbay is.

Race Report:

Ill keep it really short this time :) I have watched the replay already and there was some really terrible driving from people in the first lap of a 36 lap endurance race :thumb:

Also the social behaviour tonight was really not up to standard. I hope we dont have to enforce a non-cursing golden rule in the future. We are all adults playing a game and trying to have fun. At least signing up for this event should be my daily relaxation during the evening. Had quite fun preparing myself tonight and wrestling with the Mini again on a brilliant slipstream track, but to see people going totally out of control verbally is shocking.

@Rob: I've checked the replay and although i find it strange that you choose to "esc" on that point of the track :))) instead of going round or take it more easy, i cant blame you for my car being unrepairable. In the replay i dont even have damage on the bodywork while it felt like an Elephant being dropped on the roof of my mini :))), resulting in the nasty "car is unrepairable, race is over" message.

It was just a minor tap that got worse i guess but the "esc-ing". Better luck for us next time :thumb:

I had to pull out of the race because of my terrible lag.
Me + my ISP = :bomb:

I hope you guys had a great race.

Sory Gary for any lag bumps.

Yeah I saw your car flickering constantly, Stirb. Sorry to hear about your ISP problems. You were going well there...

Practice I was 3th - 5th for a long time, then suddenly in last few minutes dropped to 10 haha
Qualify went ok, but was sure to gain another 0.2 of a sec, cause of mistakes (read : bad driving). 7th on grid with a 2:13:9xx, nowhere near those crazy laptimes of 2:12 of the frontrunners..

Start went well, although there was a bit of a mess at 1st chicane as expected. Luckily I made a nice slipthrough. Think I got 4th and then had a nice long battle with Torbjorn Lennartsson, I think. We swapped positions a few times and after a few moments I saw Gary went wide at Parabolica, and us three had a nice battle, but slowly I lost contact, and on top of that, I got a stop n go also, but something went wrong, my steering wheel wasn't responding at all..so had to bail out. Shame, cause I was really enjoying this

Next time guys, next time :sinister:

Had PC turmoil as well, was just in the middle of a nice little battle with Simon, who I will apologise now to for two reasons:-

1. if my disconnect affected you in any way, and
2. forever referring to you from now on as Sid (which I will), because in my head if I can see "S. James" above a car, that's who I'm thinking of.

Grats whoever wins - I'm guessing it's the person who avoids the most S&G's

Thanks Yves, Andrew & RD

• Andrew Evans

gratz to the droogs on server 1... looked like everyone through t1 in a tidy, orderly manner... :thumb:

i'm a bit wasted, so this'll be fragments...

uuuuh, nice battle with buxton and steven for a bit in the opening laps... miss counted my telegraph pole break markers at parabolica (great choice, n'est ce pas?)... yea.. and even crashing the box console style could stop me just hitting the wall hard enough for a puncture.... limped to pits.... missed my pit limiter and turned it off by accident... was impressed with the speed limit until :momentofhorror:....

anyways... bummed majeur by this and was a million laps down before we're even getting anywhere.... stop the hate, mini gods!

Server 1

Qualified 14, not too bad but was on a good lap before I decided to cut the corner slightly meaning it was written off. Everyone seemed to go through turn 1 cleanly, but I was going backwards faster than a Michael Jackson moonwalk! down to 19 or 20. Started to work my way back up and had some great battes, particularly with Fernando. Best part of the night was a double overtake at the 2nd Lesbo!

Eventually I wound up in 6th or 5th and looking ok for it but then around lap 18 I got my first stop and go. Just slightly cutting the ascari chicane. To make matters worse I entered the pit lane too fast and got another! Down to 10th after my full pitstop I then got another 2 on 1 lap! Can anyone beat that? Carried on but got yet another to bring the total to 4 with 2 still to serve and decided to call it a day.

The first half of the race makes up for it and brings a smile to my face with some great racing. Gonna go watch the replay now. Hope everyone had fun, thanks for the event.

Server 2

Rubbish praccy, quali and it all ended on lap 1 at the diabolica for me ...

My quali lap was about as slow as things can get, so that is nothing to write home about ... was quicker 2 days ago in practice than I was in quali tonight :rolleyes:

Anwyay ... Race, Lap 1 - got a flying start, but backed down into chicane to avoid causing any more trouble than was already going on, got clipped by Yves going round his outside in T3 chicane ... np and thanks for waiting bud.
We two then set off near ennuf last but quickly caught the guys in front going onto the back straight after some more incidents kicking off there, and with some clever drafting and dodging around a very slightly "meandering" car at the front, I ended up on the inside going into the parabolica a little hot, but not crazy wild stylee.
Unbeknown to me though, my teammate Hansi was on the outside of the very same car I was just outbraking, and he too was outbraking him.

Don't think either of us knew or expected the other was there, Hansi cut in to the apex, found me there, impact, he span off, I lost control and went into wall ... damage unrepairable, race ended - very sad times :sad:
Sorry Hansi ... PM waiting for you to explain it better from my side mate :worship:

Hope the rest of you had a good race, but tbh ... not a great mini track IMO, and those chicanes are destined for lap 1 incidents, no matter how carefully ppl drive.

Thanks Yves and RD for the setup and hosting ... better track ... sorry luck next time eh? :sinister:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 29 8.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 18 5.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 7 2.0%