RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Made up with a 7:50 in quali for 11th (shocked in fact).

Race 1 Enjoyed it, but had to slam on 4 times to avoid people re-joining track (Please don`t hamper someone else after you make a mistake).

Race 2 A lot better, only 1 mistake but still a 7:49 WOW!

Cheers Yves, looking forward to the next.

Well, awful to say the least. I was hyped for this race, was really looking forward to it. Was comfortable in the car and at the track. But I got a Bluescreen after no other problems before Practice. Since then, there was lag and a lot of hiccups. I'm sorry if I bumped anyone, was very hard to coordinate the car in the tight field at the start of the races. My apologies.

Thanks for organising, if my PC problems had not been there, I would've enjoyed it more. But there's potential, and I love the car and track :)

Cheers all!

Great race thanks to the organizers.

Qually
Was a bit nerve wracking it's been a long time since I had raced these cars, and they take a different approach to the GT cars in terms of driving and dynamics. I tried to get the car sorted out quickly with some telemetry, and the result would be P1 in a sluggish 7:18 , some 3 secs off fastest time in the race, I was trying to get the car to behave properly and not push it too much.

Race 1
Sluggish start with low rpm tire spin, but managed to keep P1. Opened up a 1 sec gap a minute into the track and pretty much never looked back. Ryan was threatening with his BMW on the straights, and up the hill, where I lost a lot of time to the M Power car but over all great trouble free race. Fastest lap @ 7:16

Race 2
A bit of drama at the start. I got off the line a little better and was able to make up a few places into turn 1 but being cautions and trying to avoid spinning the car in front of me I had to back off and lost a few positions because of that. P7. From then on it would be maximum attack and I capitalized on mistakes by Ryan and Joao to snatch second place and mounted an attack on P1, with a 3sec gap to it, fastest lap would be 7:15 and the leaders lap 7:17 final gap 1s, P2 would be all for this race.

Great race from my point of view, pretty clean driving up front with some nice gestures so it was great to see the RD of old again. More of this please. GR.

Woot I had so much fun :)

With Mr Haba, Qualmann, Lennon and Andias around it was always going to be hard work :). Got P2 in quali with a little help from a Marchand slipstream.

Race 1 - lost one place off the grid to Thierry. Chopped the nose off Joao a little, sorry for that, I was looking behind to see where you were! :). Got a slipstream out of Flugplatz to pass Thierry and, when Andias tapped Thierry at Arteberger and had to wait, I was free to try and reign in Mr Haba. He already had a 3 second lead by now and that was up to 4 when I ran wide at Hohe Acht losing 5 seconds and that was that! Brought it home to finish P2, while Chris did an insane 7:16 lap :shocked:

Race 2 - got a slow getaway but chose the right line into the first corner to come out 7th (I think). There was a little action up front as Braham went off and as I hesitated Chris was through like a shot with a great move - was good racing :thumb:

Tennanto ran wide at Flugplatz so got by him. Now it was Qualmann, Andias, Lennon, Haba and me. Hesitated again as I couldn't see through some smoke whether a car had crashed or not and lost slight touch with Gary and Chris. Chris pulled a great move on Gary to go through and I gradually pulled Gary in. We were nose to tail in the last few corners and I thought I would get a nice slipstream past. However I was too close and with me running slightly more wing than most I couldn't get by! I tried bump drafting him to help us both but that didn't work lol. So I sat behind him all the way down the straight. He made a mistake under braking for the final corners and I was through into 4th. Joao went off at Arteberger (his nemesis today) and I do believe I spotted a car going very fast onto the grass in my mirror the very next corner. I think it was Joao again!

I was hoping to profit on any shenanigans between Chris and Thor who had a sizable gap and kept pushing. Unfortunately I entered Karrussell slightly wrong and I gently rolled onto my roof and the game wouldn't right me! So retirement from 3rd for me.

I had tremendous fun though, love this place, shame we didn't get a completely full grid. Lovely high quality racing all round.

Great event and races

J had the setup defaut because I didnt have too time to make a good of it, in race I didnt have really a good top speed, my car will oversteer too much, the next time J will have a good setup that will learn, sorry
:frusty:

nice fight and good pass with drivers

Thanks RD and all for this event :thumb:

• Andrew Evans

there is no order of precedence for people who haven't signed up - and you know it... i shouldn't even have to repeat this for you, man...

if a space becomes available - it goes to whoever posts first for it....

:endlesssigh:

I made it home in time to join the last 13 minutes of practice and was'nt able to get the car to steer as well as I would have liked. Did'nt matter anyway because I lost my front areodynamics on the 1st lap of both races, so if I did'nt brake hard at each sharp corner I would go off track. And I went off track alot :(
Thanks everyone it was a nice turnout.

Qualifying (3rd)

I've to say sorry as i think I was the only one not able to do a "short lap"... So everyone had to do an out lap because of that. I tried to rejoin, but didn't solve the problem (too forward in the pit).

The qualify itself went ok, I did a bollocks of the last third of the lap and did lost much time there to the front row guys.

1st Race (7th)

Started from 3rd but was bumped from behind right at word go (Dan), right there I lost the rear wing and more importantly didn't notice it...
The rear wing isn't much needed at this circuit on these cars, but it balances the car under high speed braking. Comes the first high speed braking, the car didn't snap to the side I was expecting (no rear wing) and I immediately bump Thierry, he did an instant 180°... I'm very sorry.:(

What this meant is that I rejoined in the back of the field (22nd)... So from there the race was a blast, I had lots of fun (and action) navigating through the field to 7th.

2nd Race (4th)

Started from 2nd and lost/gained place in a few meters so kept 2nd...
Both me and Thor were doing a fast pace 1st lap, but I was too eager to overtake him, so did a mistake coming the garden chicane at the end of the lap and went sideways into the barrier... it served me good, dropped to 3rd and again got some damage, this time in the FL suspension.

That didn't stop me, as I was determined to at least to keep some sort of pressure in Cristian...
As i said above I got FL suspension damage, on the first high speed right hander (FL suspension under pressure) the car demonstrated his instability and I went sideways again losing a few more positions and dropping to 5th now with a 10 km/h speed deficit.

From there I finely calmed my spirit, as I did in 2 very short races too many mistakes... someone dropped near the end (now I remember, Ryan was doing a turtle imitation at the karussell :wink2:) and I came 4th.

I did this round as I loved the track/car combination (the whistle of the turbo brings me good memories). Had lots of fun, especially in the first race. Thanks everyone who took part, congratulations to the podium finishers and a finial acknowledgment (as usual) for RD and event organizers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 42 85.7%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 15 30.6%