RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Sorry guys for my late and short report here... as you know I was drafted into the race with short-notice and was a bit later over here.

Both races in itself were fun and lots of different from what I'm used to in other sort of events (last time I did a mini race was yet with the first patch). I was missing allot the braking points (sorry) as I was treating the car as my usual RDTCC C30, but the Mini brakes less... had many entertaining fights with many of you as I raced in the middle of the 2nd peloton the both races.

I would like to thank Eric and RD as usual, also to everyone who participated and I wouldn’t let it go by without thanking for the several very fine after-race reports (fine text, pics and videos!).

Just would like to add a small note; guys don’t mistake connection problems with high ping. For instances, I’ve been playing over the years in US servers (I’m from EU), my ping to the US ranges from about 100ms (E coast) to 200ms (W coast). If my connection is good and I’ve the contracted bandwidth together with a decent compression ratio (20:1, never more than 50:1… some shady ISP go to 100:1), there should be no major problems.

If there are “bottleneck“problems (see shared bandwidth ratios) this will be an aggravated problem with the high ping… but the low ping only hides the main problem “under the carpet” :wink2:

In short, what I mean is: Bad connection with lots of “packet loss” and low ping you might get away with it even without anyone noticing it. Bad connection and higher ping, the things come clear (cars jump, player ”teleports” and such).

Enjoyed both races.

Race 1 was catching abdul for 2nd place and got a wheel on the grass and slid off. Finished 4th.

Race 2 into T1 was abit of a mess i ended up 1st defending from keith when keith slid off, then someone was sideways on the track and i could go round them instead they reversed onto the track. Which killed my car. I didnt get a sorry nothing. Mistakes happn but when you do dont apologise when wrecking someones race just pi**es me off tbh.

Anyway cheers Eric and Keith for the help.

Well abit of mixed thoughts from me.

Qually:

Qualified in the 7 minutes which i was chuft about. And managed to grab pole from mr tusting.

Race:

Well nothing to say really. Got a good start lef from front then after nearly an hour of racing, I was taking it easy on laps lap enjoying the scenery. Had a massive lead of 2nd place Nigel until i got on a curb. Decided jst to stay on it as i was coasting then sudenly this wall apears in front of me and BANG!!!!! Hit it head on. I desperatly pushed the starter button so hard I nearly broke it. Then i hear a voice " Damage is not repairable ". I was absolutely gutted. The guys on Ts thouht it was funny though. Note to self, Next time your cocky, make sure you actually win first.

Well done to Nigel Atkins for the win and thanks to Mr Evans and RD for the race. :good:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 23 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 13 5.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 19 7.6%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 4 1.6%