RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

theres some fine art work when you know where to look :highfive:

capture_2009-07-21_21-27-01.jpg

@ Rob why are you going so slow, i hit 159 and occasionally 160 and slow for the final corner:p

ps. check out the lap time and i went .5 quicker but binned it on the right left after the 1st sector :shout:

pps. pfff i`m starting to sound like .com :talktohand:

Nice event there.

Race 1 was good fun no idea where I finished though. Drifting like a maniac in the rain...wasn't fast but fun :)
Have to say soz to Ross, seems I unsettled your car when I watched replay end set you back few secs.

Race 2 was driving 5th or so when I decided to loose control and got back midtrack backwards...was to late with the escape button to not ruin anyone else his race so really sorry if my car got in the way :( Was race over for me as you can imagine...lap 4 or so..real shame.

But if this was proper race half the field would have been disqualified.
Was watching the race after my accident and most people shamelessly cut the track on several corrners time and time again.....

Here's my race report:
Quali: 5th
Race1: 11th. I was running 4th when I came to T2, saw Kennett on the outside returning to the track, then right into my line. Couldn't do anything to avoid the crash. Then I decided not to pit but finish the race with my destroyed front end.
Race2: Started 15th I think cause I made some mistakes on my fast lap on Quali. Was running around 10th. Ivo was running ahead me, then I saw Ries spinning ahead me, collecting Ivo. After that I chased Mark. I decided to pit late cause I saw the rain coming, so came in only in 15th lap and changed to wet tires. It was a good idea. At the end I had some great fights with Ben and Jamie, finished 5th.

I was alot on the wrong place at the wrong time. ):

Race 1:

Q: 7th

I started great got 2 people of the line and was 5th and a lap later i was 3th.
Got a little tap from Ludwig and that lost me a place. A couple of laps later there was alot of smoke in front of me, so i tapped a little the breaks, but that send my car flying. Was 11th after that. Then i had a touch with Dan who blocked his wheel i think. Then got alot of laps behing Emil and Ben and still finished 8th.

Race 2:

Q 11th.

For 4 laps there was a nice train. Lots of fun. But then Ries popped in front of me and i crashed into him with 200kph. I thought my race was over but the car was still rolling with alot of Aero and suspension problems. Managed to get to the pits. And was dead last at 18th.
Set myself a goal to get Keith and Nuno who where 40 and 30 seconds in front of me. Nuno quited so my goal was to get Keith and i almost did, 1 second gap at the finish. Still finished last but 12th.

Thanks Simon is was great and the weather system was awesome. :good:

BTW Douglas what the hell in race 1!!! I will make a movie. :wink2:

That was really, really fun. Great event.

I'm very pleased with how my race turned out considering that I joined the server, and drove this track for the first time, with 20 minutes left of practice without any proper setup at all. The beers I'd had didn't really help when it came to learning a new track, but I managed. Started 15th in the first race, which hardly is great, but decent. I wasn't all that quick, but stayed on track. I finished 7th after a great fight with Ivo and Ben in the first race. Really fun!

In the second race I started 12th but dropped a few positions in the start. I then again was having a really fun time with Ben and Jamie, but I lost it on a curb in the quick right hander. Then I forgot to put the wets on, so the latter part of the race was just having a bit of fun and hanging the arse out in every corner.

This event was really good fun and I'll definitely race in some more events soon albeit with a bit more preparation. :)

Peter: I'm soo sorry about my awful mistake. I was coming from the pits as the autopit didn't work, lost concentration a bit. Then there was loads of cars coming in my mirror and i was in the worst possible place in the circuit: in the first flatout chicane which meant that i had to swerve right to left to not be in the racing line. Even when i was on the grass the cars where passing only inches away. I managed to get out of the way but then i totally misread my position on the track. When you crashed me i was thought i was getting away from the racing line but the replay showed me that i just came right in front of you in the MIDDLE of the racing line. I really thought i was 50 meters further on the track than i really was. I'm so sorry.

1st race. No pace and the last one i do with RWD for a long time as i still don't have that thing under control. At the start i tapped, i think Peppiat, sorry, but since you were in middle of a collision with someone else and spinning i didn't think i had to. But then i got mine back as someone tapped me sideways hard and didn't wait.. shame shame.. Eventually spun on my own and had some damage but the pit window opened so to the pits i went. But the autopit didn't work on this track. Out of the pits confused and then happened the awful crash which i explained above. The whole lap after that was really hard to let others pass since when ever i was out of the racing line, sometimes even on the lawn there people running on strange lines and extra wide. Tried to pit again but no luck again. Retired in shame.

2nd Race. Was doing all right but spun to armco and had to repair. First time with manual pit and of course i took SnG for speeding. Back to the pits and it started to rain. Pitted whit another spindamage and put wet tires on. And it was too soon.. Drove couple of laps on damp track, tires were smoking and i spun. Changed to slicks and it was too late. The rain was flooding the track. Spun and back to the pits. Couple of laps and a high speed crash to armco on the first chicane. "Damage is not repairable". Motor was still running so i decided to drive the car to the pits and retire but the engine blew up one corner before the pitlane. I did manage how ever to roll to the pits on neutral and got in to the garage with flames spewing out. I hope that if someone does a highlight reel he includes that one, that was funny..

EDIT: The wheather tool was magnificent! Specially in the race2 when it was dry at the start but on lap 4 the sky got darker and darker and... Unbeliavable and FUN.

Q1: P4
R1: P2

Stay on 4th after start and go on P2 after the problem of Doglas and Ludwig, but after rain starts i hit the curb ad spin. P5 after this and without overtaking i could finished on P2 .-)

Q2: P2
R2: P7

I thougt it would be dry because the trackinfo said it, but i was completely wrong, the weather tool seems not to show in the game.
So i used my dry setup which was too much oversteer in the rain. Fall down from P2 to P4 before the stop. Take again slicks but i had much more to do to stay on track then fight against opponents. On the brake the car turn to one side and on throttle i had wheelspin up to 4th gear. But i could finished the race on P7 but with over 1 minute to the leader.

For me two funny races, thx all and specially Simon for organisation.

Too tired for a proper race report now, but all I can say is what an excellent format Simon has setup here:good:.

2 gr8 races, finishing 4th in both (though should of been 5th in Race 2 until last lap). Weather tool is brilliant especially in Race 2 where it was different to the games forecast.

Unfortunately I work nights in the UK so normally I can't take part, but I'm glad I made good use of my holiday by taking part in this one:lashes:.

Looking forward to my next week off (whenever that will be:( ) so that I can join you guys again :).

Thanks Simon for setting this up and well done all!

Q1
Bad time, got the 10th position or something like this.

R1
All went bad. Got a small tap on the straight in first lap and got suspespion damaged. Tried to race, then started to rain and got in to pit to change tires and fix suspension. The worst choice ever, got stop and go for high speed in the pit lane, tires sucked and finally crashed on the wall...withdraw.

Q2
Good time, got third place.

R2
one word: FUEEEEEEL! omg when i entered the last lap i was so happy, could maintain a good postion, eventhough i did my pit very soon. The track was drying but could maintain a gap with third. Suddenly, heard my car decelarating...OMG i was so nervous in keeping a good place and not slide that i didn't noticed fuel!!! It's frustrating because i putted fuel for 26 lap!

In conclusion; good race, awesome track, excellent drivers and....MORE FUEEEEL!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 47 87.0%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 18 33.3%