RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Arrived late qualfied 5th

Race: put 32 laps fuel in hoping my tyres would last! got a great start up to 3rd lap 1 and stayed there until Patrick made his stop lap 15, now up to second!! :car::becky: but Truls was pushing me hard until he then made his stop, pressure off and had a 13sec gap to 3rd, Patrick then started his charge reeling me in more each lap as my tyres were completely shredded by lap 25. Patrick past me and set after Ludwig who had again driven a brilliant race, I was making a lot of mistakes by now but held on to finish third, grats to Ludwig and Patrick, hopefully see you all next week for more mini mayhem :D

My sad (S2) MiniCab race story :rolleyes:

Qual in 8th I think it was, so not too bad I thinks, but then I got the blue flag bug into T1 ... never encountered it and didn't know who the hell to let past since I was in about P7 or P8 and had the entire pack stuck to my bumper like an angry swarm of wasps!!!
Also figured that if I had have slowed, there would have been chaos behind, so didn't :p and got a stop and go for my troubles - was rather annoyed to say the least!!!

Anyhow took the stop and go a couple of laps later (had to otherwise guess I risked being disqualified)
... dropped all the way to the back of the pack ... made it up to around P11 and was making headway on the guys in front and behind when ... screen blackout with my engine screaming at full rpms - game never did this to me before!
About 8 or 10 seconds later, screen and game returned just in time to see me in the gravel hitting the wall ... car was now a bit of a sorry state ...

Not impressed at all by this, I hobble into pit - angry!!!

Decided to press on though ... so I fuelled up enough to take me to end of race and prayed the tires would last (which they didn't!).

Got back on track back in last place again I guess, got my head down and set off to see where I could get to ... :evil:

Made up a few places, saw lots of dust as I piled on the laps [EDIT: from people at the back running wide] ... at this point I was near whoever was in P2 ... let him past (got another blue flag warning :eek:), then tagged on behind at a comfortable distance so as to try not to put him off, but not to lose my pace.
Few laps later he "let me past" (... by outbraking himself and hitting the outfield at the end of the start/finish straight :lol:)
So I keep my rhythm and he rejoined far enough behind me for me not to get me the blue flag.
Kept P2 at bay for a good long time (10 or 15 mins, felt like the entire hour!), so was chuffed that I had the pace of the front guys, but then near the end my tires went off like a switch, and I lost traction big time, sliding off nearly at every corner!

Anyhow ... kept pushing, tires were shot at and had no grip whatsoever at the end, T Lee was chasing me down rapidly, but I managed to hold him off to the line for 10th. :thumb:

Great fun, great racing, and all seemed very fair from what I saw (except the server was against me with the blue flag and blackout conspiracy :lol:) ...

Thanks all ... hoepfully be back next week at the next minifest :thumb:

Server 1:

Qualifying: Yes, pole position with 1:54:383 :thumb:, nice fight with Andreas Löffler :)

Race: i have made a good start, and keeping my first position since my first pit stop (after 11 laps). I have lost some places, don't remember how many, and i have begun to realize that i have made an error with my pit strategy (2 pit stops). Nevermind, i have made a good chase with the Morin family :p, and finished 5th.

ps: One of the most clean and fair race that i have done into the club, thanks guys :thumb:

• Rodolphe Morin

Hi ,
After race server 1:
Qualification: 5th. Race 1 H00: Good departure. I take the 1st very broad turn to prevent that a pilot returns me inside but, not of chance, because there is 1 of them which returns me inside. I set out again rather quickly 14th to finish 4th without me stopping with the stand. Beautiful race and really very pleasant with the mini.:thumb:.I say cheer to all.

Afflicted for the small scratch which made lose 2 or 3 places at Darren.:crutch:

It was fun but I spun on lap 1, sorry to the person I hit on the side. Then I went too wide on lap 2 at turn 1, caught grass and backwards into wall causing puncture and suspension damage. Pitted then had a 50 sec gap to Andrew Evans who I started catching quickly then eventually caught him and he let me past straight away but I mucked it up a few time before staying ahead.
I got a stop and go for locking up and jumping the chicane then another when entering the pits for some shitty reason.
Finally finished p11 (effectively last).

server1:

Qualy: 3th place with a great lap :D c.a. 1:54:800

Race: I decided to do no pit stop and put as much fuel in my mini as possible. Had a good start, nearly I could pass Andreas and take the 2. place, but after the first couple of courners I lost a couple of places, with my heavy weigth car, lol. Had some fights than. I was than able to hold the 4. place and to get the pace of the car in front of me. Then the 2 cars in front of me went to pitstop and so i was on 2. place. i was about 12sec behind Andreas the last 10min. But then my tyres was starting to lose a lot of grip and I had some seriuse handling problems. Then I made a mistake and went of track wich cost´s me about 5sec. The last 3min Andreas was about 20sec in front of me, and the car behind me was comming closer and closer :shocked:. My tyres where finished and I had 5liters of fuel left, lol. My pace in the end of the race was very very bad. In finish I was 3sec in front of the car behind me, lol. Finaly I finished on 2. place behind Andreas :thumb:

• Antoine Morin

haha !

it was a great race for me on the 1 server. I admit it was the first time i was walking on this track , i knew that it was really tricky one looking at the past posts ... it was ^^

I did all i could to finish this race and got real good fighting moments , unfortunatly, i did a big mistake stopping to pit , looking at the pace between me and the car following was about 48 seconds ... so i pitted :ballchain:

lost about 1 minute i think and get back to the 9 position, and i am not sue this pit do something to my car ... i really have to train this pit stops thing :boxing:

Even if i have some touch, i would like to say this was a great event !

So bad it's over now ..........:frown:

• Darren Gardner

R.Morin that was good racing mate i think we where side by side for 4 corners?

The racing was very good tonite in server 1 it was just a shame i could not get the right set-up the car was every where all night.

thanks again rd for a great event!

• Andrew Evans

man... man man man...

lesson learnt this evening: default setup ftl!

in my race 07 career thus far i've always driven with the default setup and been content with being a midfielder, worrying more about staying on the track and out of trouble than being super fast...

in practice and qually i was A MILE off the pace... seriously pathetically badly... 2:06's when even my nearest competitor was 2:00 flat... no matter what, i couldn't make the little bucket of bolts go any quicker... figured i either just didn't "get" the mini or the hungaroring or both! :D

since my pace was so lame the race was running around at the back on my own, picking up places through attrition... was already lapped by lap 10 and falling further and further behind... was 11/12 for the longest time and didn't even notice lewis on his steaming comeback - i pulled over to let him pass thinking it was someone else lapping me... surprise! tried to keep with him for a bit but eventually he was past and gone... figured at that point, at about half distance, i was running an exercise in futility and quit to pits to watch the action...

apologies to chris noble - i don't know how difficult it was to pass me - i didn't see you until the blue flags chimed in... reason being - you were invisible! very strange indeed...

i also got the blue flag warning at the start but being 15/16 and a lame duck, it wasn't really an issue... i guess this track must have a few problems with that and the cutting mechanism...

anyways... post-race i d/ld patricks setup and gave it a whirl... it was like driving a different car... within 2 laps 2:06 became 1:58... that's all i needed to know :becky:

much cheers patrick!

is the mini more susceptible to setups than other motors? cause this evening the difference was staggering....

fun (of a sort!) - i'll be making a comeback next time!

also, ts is great - everyone should use it! - though next time we have a split server situation we should all try to get on the same one.. mini 1 was 15 minutes behind mini 2

cheers

andy

Practice: got a set up quite happy with, tweaked during quali. will post up

Quali: with 10 mins to go was sitting 12th went to "answer the call of nature" and came back to find starting 16th.

Race: good clean start made up a few places. great 4 way battle with Pierre Lundberg, Thomas Lee, Terry Harmer and myself. quite a bit of swapping positions and stuff. We split a little due to pit stop strategies. I ran for 25mins in first stint, came in spent a few laps catching up to Pierre who pitted before me with about 20mins to go. I ran for another 3 laps and stuffed up the in lap slightly by 2secs or so came out 0.7sec behind Pierre. Spent 10 mins to try and get past but to no avail. last 5 minutes took to the tactic of fashing lights to cause confusion which in chat after race had seemed to work a little :) crossed in 8th a very happy bunny.

TS: great to hear so many voices on TS - same again next time? :D
This race was great! Very close fair racing, but 1 hr was long :p Way longer than my usuall 12 lap races :p
I did also get the "Blue flag warning" when i passed someone, but then i let him pass me again, was really tight onto him when he made a misstake i got a nice chance to pass, no more Blue flag due to the distance between us.
I went for a 2 stopper, with a shorter stint (8 laps) in the middle. Worked out pretty good since i crossed the line on pos. 7.
Got really confused by Keiths Flashing lights, i thought he wanted to pass, just didnt know the reason. Usually in Stcc the drivers flashes when they know they are alot faster then the person they have infront.
But i stuck to my rule: If he wants to pass, then he have to pass on his own :p Maybe i was a little to hard against Keith sometimes, for example i went offroad one time, then went onto the track again with Keith speeding to pass me, but instead i almost forced him to break. Dont know the details exact, just wanted to appologise if i did anything bad ;)

I will definatly participate in the next race! :D Mini's are great!

server 2. qualifed 11th.
Cut up at the 1st corner rammed at the chicane, damaged suspension! as Forest Gump said "thats all i have to say about that":p

Tommy Lee Thanks for the apology, but no need i lost the back and was already headin that way!!!!:thumb:

Sorry Laurance on watching reply I see there was contact between us in the first corner, I was watching the car on my outside and didn't see you up the inside!! My bad:fear::doh:

Server 1

Qualif : i manage a pretty good qualif, placed fourth just a bit under .400 from grégory the pole sitter

Race: had a good start but not good enough ( i think i will have to work on those lol ) so i lost a place to rodolphe and by turn 1 i had edward on one side and chris on the other side of me and i knew it was going to be trouble so i eased up a bit and got just a little bit tuggle by both of them and then they hit each other along with rodolphe. at turn 2 daniel ran a little wild in corner entry giving me the chance to slide in the interior and at the exit we were side by side but he ran wild again and touch the grass a little loosing a place to gary so by turn 3 i was third behind grégory and andreas. the next view laps were excited, gary was clue to my rear bumper trying hard to get passed me, he had a chance at the beginning of lap 3 ( i think ) when we got side by side at the entry but then his front slided a little and just giving me a tap at the rear that made me loose control and ran into his side without spunning him tho, he lift of and let me pass him and i want to thank him for his fair behavior, very cool man :thumb:. a few turn later daniel was back at my rear bumper trying to get pass me for a few laps but i imagine due to tire wear he wasn't able to keep up and from there i started to make a gap, from there it was only managing my race and keeping the car on the track. i've pitted 40 minutes into the race and came out in fith place, after a few laps i saw grégory pit for the second time ( to my surprise :shocked: ) giving me the fourth place. i manage to catch up third place rodolphe that haven't pitted and passed him pretty easely since its tyres were pretty much all gone. tried to catch up with second place daniel but didn't have enough time left so i finished third in less then 2 seconds from daniel.

it was a pretty fun and excited race, fair and clean race too, thanks to everybody for it :thumb: :amen: :pound:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 519 68.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 322 42.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 342 45.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 168 22.2%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 203 26.8%
Back