RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Yes, I did delete the track. Then I downloaded it again and installed it. But I still get booted for possible cheat...

I had a similar issue with Spa last time. I had to delete the track inside the locations folder completely and I also deleted the Spa related files inside the UiData folder. If I remember right, there are no files for the UiData Folder in this download for that track, but maybe the previous version had?

I hope you will get it sorted out.

• Andrew Evans

If I remember right, there are no files for the UiData Folder in this download for that track, but maybe the previous version had?

according to the nogrip conversation about this track it was made by one guy, converted to race 07 by another, then the original guy re-made it and converted it himself.... his new version would overwrite the previous guys conversion, so that's a distinct possiblity...

I did 20 minutes or so on the server at lunchtime whilst the thunder was still on and noticed the same stutter ... also noticed that no rain hit my windscreen with "heavy rain", but with "raining" you need the wipers on else you can't see a damn thing ... needs work methinks :confused:

Not sure what caused my two machine crashes last night but I am 99% sure it was the track not my machine ... my main concern is that maybe it only happens with a full grid and will cause mayhem on Friday if thsi is the case ... could someone else maybe test the track offline with 24 drivers ... need to run at least practice and a few laps in quali though, as this was the furthest I got last night.

ok, i tested this out this afternoon... i ran 12 laps on the server and no crash... the only thing i did notice is that there's an occassional half-second freeze, like some kind of graphical lag, and then all is dandy...

i ran 5 or 6 laps on my local dedicated in the dry and this does not happen....

i'd like to hear about any other crashes people experience this evening before we have to take it off rain....

the stuttering only happens just before it thunders, probebly a lightening bug?

was testing with Christopher and he turned down the rain (whish he could do that for the UK) and at 60% theres no thunder and no stuttering :)

Server says this is a duplicate post? ... can't see my original one .. if it magically re-appears, I will remove this ...

I did 20 minutes or so on the server at lunchtime whilst the thunder was still on and noticed the same stutter ... also noticed that no rain hit my windscreen with "heavy rain", but with "raining" you need the wipers on else you can't see a damn thing ... needs work methinks :confused:

Not sure what caused my two machine crashes last night but I am 99% sure it was the track not my machine ... my main concern is that maybe it only happens with a full grid and will cause mayhem on Friday if thsi is the case ... could someone else maybe test the track offline with 24 drivers ... need to run at least practice and a few laps in quali though, as this was the furthest I got last night.

• Andrew Evans

ok, well something is obvious majorly screwed with the forums right now... gone through the entire thread and added everyone that was missing... reserves can join whenever since we're not full anways....

catch y'all in a bit...

Was a pretty dark day for me :(
Qualifying went badly, couldn't get the setup for the care, and I just could climb to the fromt, and couldnt get under a 2:07 for some reason. Congratulations to the guys who managed 2:04s though.

Race 1 was same story, I made up 2 places coming to turn 2, and I was careful to brake in time, and I was very close to the cars in front, but didn't damage eachother. But out of nowhere, someone rams me from behind, and my suspension is destroyed. Braking was unstable, car was unbalanced, and I managed to limp to the finish.

Race 2 was surprising, due to a great start, I moved from 18th to 12th before turn 1, and I lost a position in turn 2, as I just didn't have the speed in the setup. But, alas, before the lap finished, I was nudged off the track, and booted to the bottom of the grid, and due to myself pushing too hard to gain position :) I went head on into the pillar in turn 2 (the red & white on on the inside of the corner) and there goes my suspension! I retired later in the race as I had to go.

Overall I was impressed by the turnout, some great guys, who knew their place, and didn't get heroic (I can't mention names, but there were some rough ones ;)). I would have loved to have been near the front, battling with some great racers, but I need a bit more experience in the WTCC cars, never raced them online before. Also, I am not ecstatic about the Istanbul track either. But I hope to race with these guys again in future.

Just my report on things ;)

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 63 88.7%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 22 31.0%