RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Server 1

Practice & Quali. Started from Michaels base set up and went about tuning it to my style. (michael likes a very loose rear end!). Was starting to get to grips with the track and still tweaking the car. from first laps of 1:57 tuned down to 1:52.026. knew the low 1:51's were in reach but couldn't string a clean lap together to get it. more practice at this great circuit needed :)

Race. Bogged down off the startdropping from 14 to 17. Made a few places back with some good scraps and peaked at 12th place. a "wee" error on lap 8 saw me hit the concrete cone and i was flipped to the roof. thankfully not too much damage and spent a lap or 2 getting used to the new handing. Once under control got in another few scraps when i experienced a major hang on my pc. it did unlock (thankfully i hadn't crashed or hit anyone) but my graphics were well screwy. (some trees were telegraph poles with fences for branches etc...) this was about 30mins into the race. determined to finish i plodded on asking guys on TS (thanks chris and neil) for my position and time left to race. crossed the line 12th with only Neil behind me due to his pitstop issues.

Overall. Loved the circuit - great choice again. Thanks for arranging this event.

• Chris Noble

I got a great run out of the final turn and slipstreamed him into Turn 1, where tried a wonder move around the outside. I would have pulled it off, but Chris ran in a leetle too hot (not your fault Chris) and nudged me, which saw me in the gravel.

This was exactly the same thing that happened with Yves Larose and me Ryan on lap 1 turn 1 (The car you saw spinning backwards)

I didnt run wide and didnt let off into turn 1 as I knew you were going to go round the outside.

Problem was you turned in too tight and hit the side of my car, that bounced you off the track. I put it down to gamepad controls! if it was a more suttle turn in then you would have made it and not gone off like Nigel did :)

Good battles with you and Nigel, The Mini was giving a dam good slipstream down the straight! shame no one offered it to me :( haha always being chased.

I would really appreciate it if someone could put up a good set up for the mini (Brands Indy) and alpha 75 (Oscher 06) to give me some ideas.

At present I am 54.7 at Brands and 1:35.2 at Oscher but both are a bit to unstable for me.

Thanks

Server 2#

Really enjoyed the race.

Thought I had missed the first lap smash up but got out of shape which caused my first puncture.

Even though I had 2 punctures and over 3 minutes trying to get out of a field lol and a few pit stops.... :whistle:

Got pit stops sussed though :wave:

I must apologies for holding anyone up for too long when being lapped....
I was just happy to finally start my first race and was glad I finished it.

Thanks for setting everything up, had alot of fun! :yo:

Just before I pitted, coming up to lap Moutinho, he span in a very strange place on the just after the downhill right-hander, causing me to miss my braking point while avoiding him and sliding off into the gravel at the hairpin again!

Really sorry about that ... I was trying to be out of the way to the 3 cars that were lapping me , so i put a wheel in the grass and tottaly lost control .

Good battles with you and Nigel, The Mini was giving a dam good slipstream down the straight! shame no one offered it to me :( haha always being chased.

you could have let me through to take my turn on point :yo:

dam hard track to pass on, i was quicker through the last 3 turns but with such a short braking for T1 i just couldn`t get far enough along side to pass clean, and the only other passing place was the hairpin but only got close there once which you had covered.

shame we couldn`t continue the battle after my botched pitstop, you never know it could have been a BVM 1 2 3 :dance:

well done to Gary & Ben :)

SERVER 2

I don't know exactly what arrived to me today, can be the fury :mad2: because we haven't make Ledenon or because i passed all my Friday afternoon to resolve the famous nvlddmkm problem!

Quali: I make a holdup :LarsGerritKorb: by pulverizing all my record (it seems to me that the grip of the track is better moreover!). I take the pole with 1 ' 49 " 730, indeed beyond for what I hoped.

Race: I'm placed in the internal side of the first bend on the grid, that puts me in no way in good posture. In more Richard Hamstead, who is second make a better start than me, what make that I have to let pass him at the end of the straight line. I chase him during 7 laps and then I pass him by taking advantage of an error of its part. Nobody behind, I give all that I have and I dig the distance until 17th lap where I made an error in a descent. Fortunately I managed to restart without excess of damages and I stop in the pit in the 23rd lap to provide. I leaves in 4th position, but me takes back the 1st place some laps later, than I keep moreover till the end. Yes, finally a victory in a Mini enduro:first:. It is all the same damage that many drivers left the race, as Thierry Marchand, Richard Hamstead and many others....:pout:

PS:
Server 2....

Had a pretty good qualy, made P2 with a PB of a 1:49.9.
Jumped Gregory off the line, held him back for about 8 laps until I got my stupid nvlddmkm error. That threw me off my driving so much that I spun 3 times and eventually decided to quit.

Congrats Gregory :)

Look here maybe it can help you http://forum.racedepartment.com/tec...ed-responding-has-successfully-recovered.html

Quali went well loads of clear laps but could only muster a PB of 51 dead so 11th from 20

Race:- Was worried about start as had long 1st gear but held my position then first corner 2 cars touched and there was hard steering to avoid all and came out of 1st turn 3 places up :) Then tried to keep steady but the 3 I'd passed were quicker than me so dropped back to quali position:nono:

Next lap, somehow Roy came out of the pits ahead of me, but I madea dart up the inside into Turn 1 and managed to hold him off into Turn 3, he put up a fight! I started pulling away from Roy, but made a big mistake on the penultimate corner, flying through trees and over grass on the inside, rejoining next to the pits lol, losing two places. Next lap I ran slightly into the gravel at the hairpin again!

Ryan I pay my crew well and they work quick took on 4 tyres and 35 Ltrs. Could feel you rather than see you in turn 1, but good move we both held our ground well.

I caught up to Roy, who had been passed by Michael and going down the downhill right hander, we both made the exact same mistake, putting half an inch of tyre on the exit, causing us to engage in some synchronised swimming lol.

I was hoping it wasn't my fault that we both span so was happy to here it was just we both made same mistake at same time (agree replay is a must watch) I must apologize to you for the nudge going into the hairpin on the next lap you did well to hold it.

Finished 4th so another happy bunny LOVE the Mini's :peace::peace:

Many thanks Andrew and RD for these Mini events.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 40 31.0%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 22 17.1%
  • Watch party

Votes: 10 7.8%