RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I say, why not have both? Like we always do? One day we use car A, next day we use B and so on.

Having options is good. We all have out favorites, and sometimes under certain circumstances we sign up depending on the amount of signs up there is already.

Like todays event at Macau. I despise the Minis (yeah yeah, sue me :sneaky:) but I still signed up due to the size of the grid. I think having options to choose a few different car classes is better, than just focusing on one.

We'll sure do that, with WTCC taking its turn on Tuesday and the usual Mini Friday (although it'll take place in Ledenon) - we're just searching for what people want to drive on Thursday, and since we're going to Abu Dhabi because F1's going there, there's a choice of three open wheelers (and the two not being chosen will have their appearance some time soon, anyway) :)

Or were you talking about multi-class open wheel action? Interesting thought, but I doubt we'll have the audience for it :D

Maybe I have misunderstood the whole idea.
But I thought we were going to use open wheelers on Abu for one event only, and then move on to another track. Like it was supposed to be "a one time thing" only. Apologize if I judged incorrectly.

Maybe I have misunderstood the whole idea.
But I thought we were going to use open wheelers on Abu for one event only, and then move on to another track. Like it was supposed to be "a one time thing" only. Apologize if I judged incorrectly.

Heh, no worries - it's all about next week's regular Thursday race :)

The next few "special events" will likely be around christmas time ;)

I love Macau :D

Quali: Hooked up by at-the-time best lap of the night to stick Sash a respectable 9th

Race: Was a little unnerved into turn 3 by the cars behind, and ran deep, falling to last, though I recovered two of those places relatively quickly. Then, for most of the race, I ran more or less by myself. Still good fun though; wound up 6th :)

And I did exactly one lap, lap 3, under 2:50:
20141114-1.png

So I jumped in to practice a little bit earlier than usual today. I had run a few laps yesterday, but my practice was not enough to be the fastest. To make things more interesting, I kept changing setups, so I was not very confident in my ability :cautious:.

After loading a setup I had not touched today or yesterday, I went to being the quickest in practice :D. Kept the setup for qualifying and cleared everyone by nearly a second. Race started with Arunas to my left and Bjorn behind me. I knew this was going to be a long race :rolleyes:

I lead until the pits with Arunas right behind me and Bjorn in third... man that was some intense stuff :O_o:! Luckily, I survived then served my pit stop a lap before my two competitors. At about the 3/4 mark of the race, Arunas got passed me- it was like he had a fresh engine :confused:! So now I had to fend off vicious Bjorn as he tried to get around me. He could not do it, and I held to second.

Epic racing, thank you all for the fun time. I love this place :thumbsup:

once again, lovely race. Macau is so joyfully!!
didnt catch up one single lap at qualify cause never understud the setup, so got on default (only a litle mix at gearbox) and move to race :)

Caught in traffic starting to lose time to faster guys, but slowly and paitiently started to move up. Then someone spin and hit him. There goes suspention.
Nice persuits till the end and just a litle mistake made me slow Dennis so i give the position (never catch him again anymore. Dennis stoped the pimbal action when i took him first stint :):)).
Just a bit frustraded cause i was losing more then 1 second at straight line...
grats all cause i think u all made a great race;)

For most of this race, I only saw two other cars.. what a boring event... or was it? :D

I hadn't really practiced much in the Minis, but with Tuesday's and yesterday's experience, I got up to a nice pace soon. After deciding on a setup (still had the one from last time, back in Feb - and finally went with it, plus my normal setup's brake settings :)), I went into Quals with lower fuel, again, and managed to snatch P3 behind Arunas and Nelson, who got himself in pole position.

Had a really nice start, but so did the both in front of me, so I couldn't gain more than a few inches - nobody came up from behind (and nobody died a violent death on the straight, as far as I could tell?), so off we went into T3.
wxOUQuv.jpg

From thereon, a really, really great battle ensued - while I couldn't really get right into the action, I did hang on to Nelson & Arunas. They too didn't actually change positions, 'twas just some really fine, close racing - all while Bob and Peter were lingering in P4/P5 (but not really getting that much closer)
12dARid.jpg

Nelson went into pits at half-time while Arunas and myself stayed out for a while longer - got beside him on that straight, but too no avail - off into the pits, and when we went out again, Nelson was already approaching and got by again. Meanwhile, Bob disconnected and Peter apparently went for a four-tyre-stop, losing quite some time.
yTzpdTe.jpg

Arunas' mechanics must've tweaked his car's setup a bit as he caught up some speed - after a few laps, he got beside Nelson and passed him on the straight - I tried to follow his example, but couldn't quite do it - P3 it was!
U5KbgL2.jpg

Thanks for racing, everyone (and especially Arunas & "Mr. Macau"), see you next week!

Thanks to everyone in TS that helped me get the game running after my 'crash when joining the server' issue tonight. Made it just in time to race.

I had fun, as usual, and got my car to the end of the race - that makes me a winner! :thumbsup:

I had issues at the final hairpin because, in my rush to get the car on the grid I left the steering lock at 13. Man did I have to spin that wheel a lot and I still face-planted the barrier at least 3 times. :roflmao:

I got lapped by a few guys after one of my crashes caused a failed attempt at a pitstop (no presets!) and I had to go around again. No problems with other racers though, professional bunch as usual.

Thanks for the race. ;)

What a great friday, with a lot of drivers ;) A little bit modified default setup was perfect for this track and my driving style, but not so superb like Nelson in qualify. Unexpectedly I was in P2 in qual.
Nice and clean start procedure.
8452-1416003121-6e7a370148a7599de42d5d0ae26a3ed1.jpg

This is how we were racing the bigger part of the race. So my goal was to be very cautious and patient. But it was hard because of Bjorn in my rearview mirrors was waving all the time. After pits stops nothing was changed, but somehow I found good rhythm and after Nelsons little mistake I managed to overtake him for P1.
8453-1416003124-66cae00a39f1e09d965ce55648943fbf.jpg

What a great day for the win!
8454-1416003126-25dafbe68b907418d97bcd4fa509cec7.jpg

Thank You all for racing!
Another Thanks goes to Sector 3 studios for bringing back our beloved R07 MP!
And Thanks Dennis for creating these great events ;)

Thanks for having me along guys. My first time in a club race and I finished the race despite a spin on lap 4 the fearsome turn two.

Unfortunately I did the one thing I didn't want to do and got in the way of the leader when he was lapping me on the penultimate lap (sorry Arunas) :(:redface:. I somehow didn't see your car. Whether it was a connection issue or me being dumb I'm not sure? I could hear you and I was getting blue flags, but you were not visable in my mirrors. That why I crowded you out right after the hairpin - I plain didn't know where you were. I just backed out of the throttle and hoped you got through. Couldn't see your car once you'd gone past either?

Apart from that I hope I didn't get in anyone's way too much and I hope to race with you guys again.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 28 8.9%
  • Monthly

Votes: 16 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 23 7.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 7 2.2%