RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Dun but did rubbish in race 1 as I hit the cone of doom and wrecked my car.
race 2 I spun but did ok but lost 14th in the last corner.
race 3 I was up in a good position on lap 1 and someone pulled along side me, lost concentration and slammed into Marty Pierce. Sorry mate. :disapointed:

No problem I had no damage and only lost 2 or 3 spots. Im ok with it, see ya next time Lewis :dance2:

• Jason Parks

Great racing guys, my second offical race/s, seriously intense stuff lol!! 1st and 3rd race finished at least 6-8 positions above my qualy time, so well impressed!!!

Big thanks to the organisers/admin team........

Easy now!!

Thank you Andrew for organizing this event, most excellent! :good:

I really like those Radicals, it would be really fun if we could have a proper series running on short tracks like the STCC ones, Cadwell etc. etc.

Nice to so so many new members joining in on the fun!
:curl-lip:
Kind regards,
Karl

• Matt Crouch

it was a radical radical night :)

Race 1 - Quali - Set a PB on my hotlap. Race - Started somewhere around the middle and made up a few places up to 6th on the first lap as other people span off. Spent the reset of the race with Jan sloowly catching up behind, 4s, 3s, 2s, 1s... fully expecting him to catch me by the end of the race. Held on and for a second I thought I could take 4th as on the last turn karl suddenly became closer in-front of me, and Marcio ran out of fuel! but he just crossed the finish line in-front, so stayed with 6th position - very happy with that result :) - probably my best / most consistent performance so far

Race 2 - Another PB in quali. pretty happy with my 8th place quali. Before the race I said "hands up who's expecting to spin in lap 1" which obviously set the tone for my race as I spun in the first lap somewhere I didn't spin all through practice. Made quite a few mistakes as the race went on but thankfully never managed to fly over the barriers or take a swim. finished in 11th so not too bad in the end.

Race 3 - Never really got to grips with this track that well. Messed up quali when I decided to look at my endless ping window on the other screen instead of braking :confused: :(
Started near the back. Gained quite a few places on the first lap when someone further up managed to do some kind of crazy flip. Unfortuantely on lap 3 I went off the track on the last turn, thought I could get back on losing only one place, which turned out to be a stupid mistake as I hit some tyres while looking behind, taking out Marty and myself in one swoop. Sorry again.

Thanks for the races as overall it was a very good night :)

Had allot of fun today. The 1st race had 1 practice lap and it showed in the result.
Race 2 went better qualified 5th or 6th. Stayed out of trouble the whole race in 5th Then Karl surprised me on the last lap last turn went inside gave me a little nudge and took 5th from me. Very savvy move and no complaint by me. Good Racing!

Race 3 started well from 6th Then got tagged from behind a couple times mostly from different braking points by drivers. The end of my race came on the start finish straight when a car that had crashed jumped out into the road almost like it was a lag causing it and I T-boned it. had bad suspension damage so I called it a day. Marty

Really had a blast tonight, thanks for the races ! Been out of sim racing for nearly 2 years and gosh.. now I realise how much I missed it !

Had a little praccy yesterday to learn the tracks which proved its use.
Shame I never raced Limerock since I know have a new 2nd favorite track lol. Made some setups on the fly tonight and even that worked out well.

1st Race I managed to get 2nd pole behind gary who quallied very strong. At the start I fooked it ( might have been nerves :rotfl:) and fell back to 4th.
Managed to grab a hold of P3 and then P2 again to trace Gary who was going at the same pace I did so there was a second between us most of the time. That was untill he managed to get a wee bit to much oversteer and I could overtake. Think he got nervous cause we was about to lap someone !
Managed to ride it out without risking it and got me 1st win woot !

A point worth mentioning was the lap me and Gary was trailing behind each other in the smoke lol. Blind driving and that was freaky scary but o so fun. Really thought I was gonna crash into sumtin there since I could not see the front of my car even ! :rotfl:

2nd Race was again a blast, quallied 2nd again behind Gary who is bloody fast. Got me a proper start this time and managed to trail Gary and give him a hard time. Somewhere at lap 9 or 10 I was really sniffing his behind and was already thinking if I could try and overtake somewhere. Just as I was thinking..where the hell would I need to do this on this track I flooked it and Gary got room to breath again and ride it out. Nearly managed to beat my PB in the last lap though so pretty happy and grats to Gary.

3rd Race was a brilliant way to close the night. Again took 2nd pos on qually behind Gary who seems to know his way around on the tarmac, nice driving Gary!
As for the race this was pretty cool be it I made a error in lap 1 which costed me 5+ seconds and 2nd place but then again this resulted in a good fight with Micheal for a few laps. Cheers m8 enjoyed that.
Managed to hold it at 2nd and close the gap between Gary, who might have been cruising and not taking risks, and got me good finish again.

Overall happy I found Race Department as people seem to have lots of respect on the track and with this thanks for a good night of sim racing.

:dance2:

Huhh! That was great guys!

R1: Thre first surprise was track wich was not what I'm waiting for!!! I took my first laps in the practice, so the qual was ok (10th or 11th i can't remember) The start was good, I get some places and the first corner I touched Stuart and he spun off! Sorry for that!:shut-mouth: that was my fault. 9th at the and!

R2: After the qual i was a little despondently cause i can make much better times on that track, but now I was not fast enough. I tried to be more careful than first race at the start and I lose two positions and made a mistake before the third corner.At the end i get one point! (my first point here in RD)

R3: Originaly I didn't want to start because I don't know the track, but after the two succesfuly races, I made it! I was 10th in the qual and finished 6th! (points again)

I only wanted to finish the races without any problem, and I've done it succesfuly (except of Stuart at the first start....sorry again)

Grat for the winners!!!!:clap:

First off this was an excellent nights racing and event, Thanks Andrew:clap:

Race 1
I love Limerock Mountain (i may have already said) and was happy with 9th in qualifying. As usual started in a zimmerframe and was last into T1:crying:. Had a smooth and satisfying race to finish 11th:beer:, and loved it:love2:.

Race 2
Decided it was a waste of time qualifying so started 20th. The bad start didn`t matter now so got a better one than first race :shame:. Made my way through (due to spinners and lawnmowers) to finish 10th :good:, and loved it:love2:.

Race 3
Managed to set 7th fastest time in practice and was over the moon, so in qualifying had a drink and smoke to celebrate:beer::rotfl:. Started last again 19th and got round first corner to find complete carnage, managed to get through and was in 14th (happy days). Then it all went wrong, moved up a few places then became the lawnmower i am to finish 12th:laugh2:, and loved it.

Congrats to all three podiums and to yoda Gary:beer:.

Thanks again for a great event:kissing:.

This was really very much fun! Thanks Andrew, RD, and all of you for it!:)

The car and the tracks were all new to me, so my goal was points finish, and I managed to did it in all 3!:) What's funny that when I practiced I thought Le Mas Du Clos will be the hardest, and yeah that's really funny that I thought that!:)

1. Limerock Mountain:
Quali: 12.
Race: Got the start well, then had to have a few passes to make it to 8th. Then Michael came and passed me, but not much later he spun and I took back 8th! I finished there, so my goal in the first race was accomplished:) What was amazing, the main straight, when I passed people! I think I again chose lower wing setup than others:D

2. Cadwell Park:
Quali: Now I thought this is the hardest! I was hardly able to do a flawless lap. Then I took 15th position, and started to expect a very hard race!
Race: I started right behind Manuel, and he started a bit late, and I had to take a hard right-left to avoid him! And that also slowed me down a bit. But no problem, as when the field progressed through the first few corners I managed to take a few steps ahead because others were falling. Also I saw 4 people standing still in the uphill right hander, because somebody spun there! So I just drove by them:) Then for the rest of the race I had Stuart in front of me, and we had a fight for 7th. Sometimes he was able to create a gap, but then I pushed as hard as I could! Had the thought in my mind, that "hey, these cars can go faster, out there in the front there are also some guys faster than Stuart, so it should be possible to go faster". So I just watched Stuart and tried to brake later and less in every corner to get closer to him!:) Feared that I'll spin, but no problem:) And yeah in the last few laps I got really close! Then in the last lap I saw him making a short trip to the grass, and I took the opportunity to pass him. Then I saw in the mirrors that he's pushing, but then he lost it near the uphill section. So I finished 7th. Mission accomplished for race 2.

3. Le Mas Du Clos:
Quali: At practice session I started to think I was right before the whole event, as I was hardly able to do a clean lap. Then I found that I can lower the car a bit, and that gave me some more stability and speed, so I was able to do a really good lap at quali to finish 9th! (at last in the top 10, I thought)
Race: Some people were spinning, also saw some collisions between others, then I was suddenly in 5th position. Again behind Stuart:) So I started the same thing I did in Cadwell, and it seemed that I could get closer. Then he spun in the last corner and I passed him! Things were a little harder when nobody was in front of me, but when I saw Stuart coming again, I tried to push a little more, and I was able to go faster a bit. But still Stuart was closing on me, and in the last lap he really came close in some corners, then he spun in the twisty section. And I finished 4th!:) And that was way more then my goal, not 1, not 2, but 5 points! Great!:)

All of the tracks and the car itself was fun! Thank you again for this great event!

...Stayed out of trouble the whole race in 5th Then Karl surprised me on the last lap last turn went inside gave me a little nudge and took 5th from me. Very savvy move and no complaint by me. Good Racing!

I clearly remember that maneuver, I had trailed you for almost the entire race and noticed that on more than one occasion you had "troubles" with that corner. I looked for other places to pass you, but you were really good at keeping the door closed.

As I noticed we were on the last lap I crept up to you through the "curvy" part before the last corner, fortunately for me you lost a little front end grip and took a wide turn...

I hope I didn't rough you up, that was not my intention as I'd rather keep racing than jeopardizing two peoples race because of a stupid overtaking maneuver.
:highfive:
Kind regards,
Karl

• Matt Crouch

I just watched the replay lee and tbh it looks like you caused less trouble than it first appeared :). I noticed there was another tap between two other people and the person you flew over the top of suddenly moved backwards about 10 metres for no obvious reason on my replay...

I must stop giving you these presents, Peter :D

In the last race, I didn't spin but took a detour otherwise I'd have hit you as I was way faster than you in that corner on that lap, and if I went for it you'd have turned in on me if you weren't expecting it. I decided to take what points were on offer rather than possibly take us both out.

But very good driving, mate - no mistakes. :good: I'll see you out there again soon :D

I just watched the replay lee and tbh it looks like you caused less trouble than it first appeared :). I noticed there was another tap between two other people and the person you flew over the top of suddenly moved backwards about 10 metres for no obvious reason on my replay...

I just watched the replay ... Hansi team buddeee ... I am soooo sorry, it was you I bounced back into eh?

It seems though that my cock up was doubled up with someone else's separate incident a split second or two earlier.

In my defence, I wasn't expecting such a violent response from the tyres - they must be military tyres the way they totalled my front end and threw me back on the track so violently ... I was expecting to glance off them and incur little-to-no damage and continue racing a few spots behind my starting point - but it ended up somewhat differently.

Assumptions eh ... you know what they say ...
don't assume anything - it'll make and ASS out of U and ME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 92 91.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 28 27.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 33 32.7%