AC Race #1 FAT-ALFIE's Championship@Thomson, Wednesday 18th August 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
On a more serious note, given the pit exit is right on to the exit of the last corner, it may be worth encouraging drivers to give a "leaving pit" message on Discord.

On a more serious note, given the pit exit is right on to the exit of the last corner, it may be worth encouraging drivers to give a "leaving pit" message on Discord.
I second Doug's idea!

I also turned the map of the race track on (top left) to "see" traffic better. Helps a lot.

Last edited:
Somebody wants to aggravate me :mad:

First the microswitch in my upshift paddle crapped out and when I tried to switch to the sequential stick I found that i had killed the USB cable when mounting my speaker mounts.

GRR

Moaning Myrtle out:cry:

Last edited:
On another note,

I drive completely sh...t when calculating fuel loads in my head.
So it will be "mouse pit stop" for me. takes another few seconds but is faster than crashing out.

On that thought, AC gives out "Best Offroader Awards" when you overdo the sightseeing drives.
(@Douglas Aird, heard it from a friend:redface:)

MFG Carsten

On another note,

I drive completely sh...t when calculating fuel loads in my head.
So it will be "mouse pit stop" for me. takes another few seconds but is faster than crashing out.

On that thought, AC gives out "Best Offroader Awards" when you overdo the sightseeing drives.
(@Douglas Aird, heard it from a friend:redface:)

MFG Carsten
You can work it out in advance and set it up in the setup menu under pitstop strategy. The game will use strategy 1 by default, unless you change it before you pit.

For example, if the Mazda starts with a full tank then a short splash of a few litres and dash at the end works. If you decide to run lighter in the race then you need more for your stop but take longer.

Multiple presets would be an option too.
Until now I couldn´t figure out how to change between presets :unsure:

MFG Carsten
You can set 3 presets in the pitstop strategy part of the car setup screen. To switch between them while on track first press one of the arrow keys to bring up the pit menu then right arrow to move 1>>>2>>>3 (left arrow to go the other way).

If you want to change something in your preset while on track use the down arrow to move to what you want to change then right or left arrow to change that attribute.

For example, if you want to change the amount of fuel, down arrow to the litres then right arrow to increase, left arrow to decrease.

That's all based on the keyboard arrow keys being mapped to up/down/left/right. You may want to change what keys/buttons those are mapped to.

I'm planning to use a program called Voiceattack, it allows you to map voice commands to key and button presses since I don't have a lot of buttons on my wheel. Although, barring something completely unexpected happening, I plan to use my strategy 1 option with no changes on track.

Edit, I am just figuring this all out, too I made my first ever AC pitstop last night.

Last edited:
Found the problems:

1. untick "use mouse pit stop" ( of course:()

2. turn your head uncomfortably far to the right, the pit stop menu appears over your right shoulder :O_o:

Does anybody know the procedure to attach the PSM to the middle screen?
It´s quite discomforting to turn your head to the ultimate right while going over the jump :cautious:

MFG Carsten

1. untick "use mouse pit stop" ( of course:()
Whoops! Do you remember ticking that one?
2. turn your head uncomfortably far to the right, the pit stop menu appears over your right shoulder :O_o:

Does anybody know the procedure to attach the PSM to the middle screen?
It´s quite discomforting to turn your head to the ultimate right while going over the jump :cautious:

"
OBJECT_POS_X=80
Controls the position of the app on the X axis (horizontal).

Code:
OBJECT_POS_Y=0
Controls the position of the app on the Y axis (vertical).
"

Thank you very much, exactly what i needed :D

MFG Carsten

(edith. nice try, doesn´t work :cautious:.
first thought was, ok, PC challenged guy, of course you have to restart the whole system, not just AC.
Nope, still doesn´t work)

Thank you very much, exactly what i needed :D

MFG Carsten

(edith. nice try, doesn´t work :cautious:.
first thought was, ok, PC challenged guy, of course you have to restart the whole system, not just AC.
Nope, still doesn´t work)
Moving the app worked for me and I just restarted AC each time I tweeked the coords. Make sure to save the file after each edit

Thanks, I did save it.

Changing the "time visible" worked, changing position did not.
The "drag and drop" method for repositioning apps works with AC and aftermarket apps.

It has probably to do with the triple screen configuration, a rabbit hole I´m not prepared to dive into right now.

So screw pitstops, I can do without. ;)

MFG Carsten

Thanks, I did save it.

Changing the "time visible" worked, changing position did not.
The "drag and drop" method for repositioning apps works with AC and aftermarket apps.

It has probably to do with the triple screen configuration, a rabbit hole I´m not prepared to dive into right now.

So screw pitstops, I can do without. ;)

MFG Carsten
I have triple screens and changed the X to around 1700. That put it to the right edge of my centre screen. You obviously need to tweek it to your screen sizes

Unfortunately, I had to pull out. :(
I will be indoor rock climbing on Wednesday and the times are just overlapping.
So I will give away my spot for someone with more time.

I have triple screens and changed the X to around 1700. That put it to the right edge of my centre screen. You obviously need to tweek it to your screen sizes
As stated above that doesn´t work for me. :cry:
I´ve changed the values to 200, 800, 2000, -800, the window doesn´t move in X or Y.

I could change the number of presets from the cfg file, so thats not the problem.

Also I looked through the complete AC. CM and CSP settings pages, there is no other setting that "glues this window to its spot"

Since the arrow keys work now it´ll have to do, now i have to get the microswitches for my shift padles right :mad:

MFG Carsten

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 393 69.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 248 43.8%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 265 46.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 119 21.0%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 157 27.7%
Back