Race #14, Abu Dhabi: Race Briefing

Lucky bastard :D

I got an emergency call from work so was called away last minute. Had to replace a screen at one of the traffic centres,... was driving 180kmh down the highway in order to try to make it,.. but i just missed out the start with 5 minutes.:( Otherwise i could have started from the back of the grid.

Cant believe this has to happen to me lol.

what a load of sh*t...............someone parked in my pit box.
i thought thats not supposed to happen?

i nudged the guy who was on it thinking that it was maybe some sort of rfactor glitch and it started my pitstop but i had damage coz of the nudge.

i also thought maybe he was waiting for the car infront of him which is why i nudged him, because he shouldnt have been sat in someone elses pitbox, waiting for the car infront, why not park to the side!

but he probably wasnt expecting this either, maybe he had the same problem as me. i probably would not have thought to park on the side either. what a total fail.

saturday afternoon totally wasted.

Qualifying I was half a second off my personal best and really mucked it up. Was just a poor performance by me as I should have been comfortably in Q2 this weekend as had a 1:39.0 up my sleeve but just didn't find it.

Guys seriously we need to have a serious chat about the first lap and warnings from the Race Director because once again everyone seemed to go gun-ho. I got tagged from behind twice on first lap and had quite bad damage for the entire race to front left suspension and left sidepod. I know this is WT but this is also a pro simracing league and you need to learn that you can pick up places later in the race rather than trying to gain like 10 on the first lap. Do you guys not even find clean racing possible? Sigh

Anyway as it happens that wasn't what ruined my race this time. I had a 45 second screen freeze while running in 10th place having gained 3 off the start despite the impacts. On Lap 2 the screen freeze happened and dropped me to 23rd and about 30 seconds behind the nearest guy in front. My lap times were inconsistent today because the damage affected my handling so at best i was about 4 tenths of a second off my personal bests from practice and often more like 7-8 tenths. Also the freeze read my brakes as being on the whole time of the freeze so with 1 lap to go brakes went but managed to limp home to 12th. Whilst moaning about a lot of drivers I would like to commend one driver. Jonathan Holmes was battling with me for a lot of the race and it was great fun. He left plenty of room to battle and we had some really good moments during the race together. Just wish everyone drove like Jonathan did today. See you in Interlagos

what a load of sh*t...............someone parked in my pit box.
i thought thats not supposed to happen?

i nudged the guy who was on it thinking that it was maybe some sort of rfactor glitch and it started my pitstop but i had damage coz of the nudge.

i also thought maybe he was waiting for the car infront of him which is why i nudged him, because he shouldnt have been sat in someone elses pitbox, waiting for the car infront, why not park to the side!

but he probably wasnt expecting this either, maybe he had the same problem as me. i probably would not have thought to park on the side either. what a total fail.

saturday afternoon totally wasted.

I think that was me but that is where My box was so no harm intended.. the race was good apart from the bent rear wing after that contact.. hehe

anyway, finally got some points which is good.. :)

I think that was me but that is where My box was so no harm intended.. the race was good apart from the bent rear wing after that contact.. hehe

anyway, finally got some points which is good.. :)

sorry dude.
yeh i figured theres no way you could have avoided it either way, parking in my box.

so what happened then, rfactor didnt compute the amount of boxes required?
the circuit didnt have enough boxes?

i dont get it. how can it compute 2 people parking in the same box. surely if 1 person has activated that box, it would activate another box somewhere else?

Qualifying: 21st - AWFUL. Couldn't get a single lap together properly.

Race: 10th! - Happy

Off the line I passed someone going to the first corner, I played super safe on the first lap, gained 2 positions out of it though. Had some battles with Javier and some ATR car which was good. Scott caught us up eventually and passed me, I tried to pass him back the lap after I think but under braking dropped into gear 1 by accident and slid the back end out!

I think I made 3 mistakes, clipped the kerb going into S3 which spun me 90 degrees. Overtaking Javier I dropped into gear 1, overtaking Scott I dropped into gear 1. Not sure how as I never usually do that!

Good race overall though, was fun and I am finally finding the pace and getting more confident with the car on FSR :)

Whilst moaning about a lot of drivers I would like to commend one driver. Jonathan Holmes was battling with me for a lot of the race and it was great fun. He left plenty of room to battle and we had some really good moments during the race together. Just wish everyone drove like Jonathan did today. See you in Interlagos

Thanks! :) Was fun chasing you/you chasing me! See you all in Brazil!

Nice race. I had no internet connection at home and I moved my equipment to a friend's house. Unfortunately my lap times were around 1 second more than in tests... i don't know why. But was able to race with some remarkable battles.

Again, I had a problem in Q1. I believe that the origin is the rfdynhud as I had not HUD during Q and race.

Thank you to all for this amazing race.

Javier

sorry dude.
yeh i figured theres no way you could have avoided it either way, parking in my box.

so what happened then, rfactor didnt compute the amount of boxes required?
the circuit didnt have enough boxes?

i dont get it. how can it compute 2 people parking in the same box. surely if 1 person has activated that box, it would activate another box somewhere else?

Yeah it's a bit strange.. Because there is more than 26 spots surely..

Short race for me. Thought that Kore knew that I was about to try something but my front left touched his rear right so I flew to the barriers.

Edit: Just watched the replay and it seemed like you didn't just notice me. Bad luck.

Well I was never too comfortable on this circuit but was really excited to get to do some racing after 2 weeks.
But Interlagos should be nice!

Mikko Suokas

Was very disappointed for this race...I was running inside of top 10 after the first lap chaos, then the race started to go upside down, I quickly lost positions and each time I parked on the pit box I missed it :redface:. And it was just 10 laps remaining until my brakes gave up and I tried to struggle to the finish, but instead I got two stop 'n' go penalties and damage. Was hoping to get a top 10 result... Anyways, I really enjoyed racing on that track, and was happy to reach top 10 during the first laps :)

Maybe I have more luck in Interlagos. Thankfully it's my last race in FSR for a while.

That plugin only gives problems when racing online.
Thank you, I will decide to discontinue the use of rfdynhud or to follow the suggestion of Jonathan Holmes. Testing all of these things was one of the purposes of these 4 races.

Although I have been using the pluging during 2 years without problems, it is clear that it is not 100% reliable. Thank you for your advice!

Q: 18th
R: Had a poor start, dropped down to 22nd on the straight.
Moved up to 15th by the end of 1st lap. Before the hairpin Mikko unfortunately touched my rear and hit the wall (I am not really sure why that happened, Im sorry if it was my fault). Luckily had no damage to my car.
On lap 3 I moved up to 13th place and was behind Danny, I think I was a little bit faster (he was on 2 stop, me on 3) but I couldnt get close enough after hairpin to try any offensive moves.
Pit on lap 10, had also problems with my pit box because Filosa was parked halfway on it :D.
On lap 20 lost one place to Franz (was running 8th after that). On lap 29 had a good battle with Tusting for 8th but lost the car in one of the chicanes, luckily avoided the wall, but lost 3 more positions (down to 12th).
No more action after that, just brought the car to the finish and 9th place, pretty good result.
Race pace was decent, but cant get any good hotlaps :/

Eduard K

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 459 70.0%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 281 42.8%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 302 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 135 20.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 177 27.0%
Back