Race Department Forum Racing - Season 31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh don't worry, I have delved back into the archives and found another race format that might make a comeback.

Let me give you a clue
For those who are curious - This is the famous "Endurance-Race", hold in season 4 of RDFR.
Two legends of the sport had an intense battle.

Rules: Whoever posts the most "Finish X" within the hour the race lasts, wins.

You have to number your "Finish" (Finish 1, Finish 2,...)

Have a fun read.
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/racedepartment-forum-racing-season-4.4263/page-15#post-346509

For those who are curious - This is the famous "Endurance-Race", hold in season 4 of RDFR.
Two legends of the sport had an intense battle.

Rules: Whoever posts the most "Finish X" within the hour the race lasts, wins.

You have to number your "Finish" (Finish 1, Finish 2,...)

Have a fun read.
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/racedepartment-forum-racing-season-4.4263/page-15#post-346509
Just read through the race and remembered that there was a more entertaining one.

RDFR season 3 - The 24h of RD. Pure madness. A piece of history:
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/racedepartment-forum-racing-season-3.3873/page-9#post-328801

In the end the first two had the same amount of finishes...

Last edited:
Digging back through the archives, especially the early races, there's some crazy race formats that have been tested in the past. Some of these could definitely be thought about for S32.

I also am intrigued by the "Prizes" that got given out at random at the end of races.

Prizes
- +1 point.
- +2 points.
- choose someone to crash at next race.
- choose someone to destroy his 2 points.
- + 1 pos. bonus at next race.
- + 1 pos. bonus for your team members at next race.(teammate must say finish though cant not say finish and get 6th)
- choose someone to get a -1 pos. penalty at next race.
- choose what type of the next race will be (Specific Races only, see calendar)

Digging back through the archives, especially the early races, there's some crazy race formats that have been tested in the past. Some of these could definitely be thought about for S32.

I also am intrigued by the "Prizes" that got given out at random at the end of races.

Prizes
- +1 point.
- +2 points.
- choose someone to crash at next race.
- choose someone to destroy his 2 points.
- + 1 pos. bonus at next race.
- + 1 pos. bonus for your team members at next race.(teammate must say finish though cant not say finish and get 6th)
- choose someone to get a -1 pos. penalty at next race.
- choose what type of the next race will be (Specific Races only, see calendar)
luckily those were random and not chosen for by the players, otherwise i would receive all the :poop: penalties

luckily those were random and not chosen for by the players, otherwise i would receive all the :poop: penalties
I nearly (as in I forgot) added a rule that stated that each driver would have to crash out of one race in the season. As in, at some point during a race a driver will have to post "CRASH", and therefore records a DNF in that round.

That said, I must say I am tempted to try the "Team race" from Season 6 this championship. With 4 equal teams of 3 drivers, it could lead to a lot of confusion and might work well. We'll see.

DOVIZIOSO STEALS WIN FROM DELAYED BUURLAGE
Andrea took his first win of the season for Caterham, relegating Lesley Buurlage to a third consecutive 2nd place. Dovizioso scored his first podium of the season with the win, as did 3rd placed Mark Lintner - both drivers started the race on the same number of points, so expect Lintner to win with Dovizioso third in the next round. Sauber and Lotus struggled behind the Caterhams and Red Bulls, although Wolf and Sigoulakis ended up out of the points.
upload_2019-2-26_14-22-48.png

@Dovi design A fantastic win for you and the team, do you know what needs to be done to stop Buurlage and Red Bull?
@Márk Lintner, asking a question last round seemed to help you get a podium this round? Why did that work, and will this prove to just be a coincidence next round?
@Benutzername, how was late breakfast?

Back to normal for the next few rounds. Keep watching, I may try something different for Morocco.​

Andrea took his first win of the season for Caterham, relegating Lesley Buurlage to a third consecutive 2nd place. Dovizioso scored his first podium of the season with the win, as did 3rd placed Mark Lintner - both drivers started the race on the same number of points, so expect Lintner to win with Dovizioso third in the next round. Sauber and Lotus struggled behind the Caterhams and Red Bulls, although Wolf and Sigoulakis ended up out of the points.
View attachment 293599
@Dovi design A fantastic win for you and the team, do you know what needs to be done to stop Buurlage and Red Bull?
@Márk Lintner, asking a question last round seemed to help you get a podium this round? Why did that work, and will this prove to just be a coincidence next round?
@Benutzername, how was late breakfast?

Back to normal for the next few rounds. Keep watching, I may try something different for Morocco.​
Yeah, it was an amazing win.
I think what we need to do is being consistent and fast.

@Benutzername, how was late breakfast?​
Oh, fantastic. I had two slices of freshly roasted Pain de Mie. On it there was a slice of an dutch cheese, 18 month old, with an a intense nutty and rich flavour, paired with a tender and smokey-tasting local filet of crusty roast pork. In addition to that i added spicy slices of pickled cucumbers. To enhance the flavours and interesting sensations i added a few drops of a fine jamaican habanero hot sauce and a special type of horseradish, which was combined with red currants.
To counter the spice and create an opposite a splash of lemon was added.

Combined with a black and very aromatic, javanese tea it was a pretty decent breakfast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 482 69.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 294 42.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 318 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 147 21.2%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 190 27.4%
Back