So the game has this incredibly high replay ability value thanks to infinite tracks and custom cars but given the flat somewhat plain nature of the tracks, what reason will we be given to keep coming back? In victory I loved the missions system that encourage players to keep complete races cleanly and not rage quit. but this sytem allowed us to spend money on performance enhancing and cosmetic upgrades. Will we see a similar system in racecraft? and how will you ensure balance so that new players (or players with less time) don't get left behind as was happening in victory? (it can be discouraging to start out a new game and have everyone else has much better equipment than you).

Well, there's a whole lot of questions.
May be covered already but i tend to forget a damn lot :)

* Will we see other vehicles than the Formula cars in future?
Especially Rally seems to be the car class of choice in a game with procedurally generated tracks

* Will we see MP racing on same track?
A system without collision detection like Trackmania maybe? (To keep hotlaps valids no matter if driving alone or on a server)

* Modding support? Vehicles, liveries

Time to "dream" a little bit: which maybe game-changing feature would you love to include, but are currently not able to do so due to technical restrictions of the latest machines?
Not sure if I get the point, my English seems a bit rusty.. In other words: what's your favorite feature for the "racing sim of the future", let's say 5 years from now?

As far as we know that the team is concerned about what a procedural engineering will be for a rally based game, and knowing that community is loud and consistent about this petition, would you let a door open for modders to do some terrain textures and adapt some cars physics and models (even generic ones) to have what would certainly be a best seller with that feature?

Thank you for this opportunity RD. Do developers plan to add different types of vehicles ? (Touring car type, Rally type car) and also different track surfaces ? :)

A few from me...

From the site I see Racecraft listed as a racing game - not a racing sim, so - where will the focus be? is it sim, simcade or arcade?

Will racecraft have dynamic weather and/or lighting?

Will racecraft be a one-time purchase, or will it come with DLC´s and if it´s the latter, what price range will the DLC´s come in?

Hey guys, some superb questions so far! Keep them coming!! I want to batter the devs with loads of things to ask, so the more the merrier :D
Still no link to their website where you wrote: "For more information on what Racecraft is all about, check out the Racecraft website here."

;)

Will Racecraft support modding? Will the algorithms of Camilla be customizable in any way, e.g. extend the library of objects to pick from for track generation?

I apologize for not knowing a lot about your game and how it works. I have read others commenting on how great procedural track forming would be for a Rally game. I agree and I have been thinking along those same lines since the days of RBR.
On the other hand, I like the idea of racing stages that are as close as possible to reality.

Then thinking about your game and trying to guess how your procedural system works, it occurred to me that the ideal track making game should have a "Track Building Toolkit" that works on real life terrain.

For instance, I could take the area outside my city and bring it up in Google earth. GE would show me existing roads, asphalted and dirt, as well as buildings, shopping malls etc. Then the game would allow me to build tracks or dirt roads on the Real Life topography of the area. I can then choose to build a circuit or a simple point to point stage in asphalt, cement, gravel or plain dirt.

Additionally, I could do the same with Urban environment. If you follow Assetto Corsa, you might have seen a track called "Lucca" it's an excellent track one of my compatriots built in his hometown completely virtually. How much fun would it be to be able to do the same in any city? To create a GoKart track in your neighborhood or a GP track in your city's downtown?

Such a system would allow players to bring up locales where Rally stages are already being held and build their own stages trying to follow the existing roads, or create their own stages but following the real life terrain.
We all know a road we like to drive in, how cool would it be to set up Hillclimb races on that road? Or turn it into a stage for your Rally or make it part of a street circuit for GT3 cars?

A game like that would be awesome and I don't think the technology is going to be a limiting factor. Resources, cost and demand are more likely to make it a pipedream then a lack of technology.

Do you think your procedural track building technology could, one day, create something like that?

Maybe if your game would not be able to support such a massive undertaking, how about building a "Track Generator" that can then export the resulting track to be used in your game, Assetto, rF2 and other games? That would allow for a more reasonable price point (for you. Meaning higher price), keeping your game simpler and more affordable. Those interested in it can then purchase the advanced track builder.

Since I am dreaming, let me keep dreaming. How about creating a pacenote system that allows for multiple random voice calls? That too, should not be too hard conceptually. Once the track or stage is build, each segment is categorized by distance, type of terrain, type of turn, etc.
It should not be too hard to create a script and have a co-driver read it so that multiple ways to say "Left Five, don't cut" are enunciated. Some would be inserted randomly, taking into account the last time that phrase was used and selecting it from the other random 4 recordings, but if the car is going too fast for the terrain for instance, then the pacenote software algorithm would switch to various versions of the same command but picked from the "concerned" category, up to the "terrified" category.

OK. First thanks for the chance to ask questions.

First is Race craft going to be Open wheel only , or are there plans to add lets say LMP & GT types & Touring cars that also have a good following in online racing.

As for the Random tracks is their a size limit . different surface types that affect grip levels on increase tire ware this was a factor with some race tracks in the past .

Also what types of tracks looks like circuits for the most part no point to point planed will it generate street tracks in the style of Monaco or other big street based layouts.

Am I correct in thinking that you are using the Netcar pro code for the core of the game has I have read within other forums.

Will you be able to developed you race car over a given season like major parts up-grade based on some sort of random generation code like the tracks , this could lead to improving or not improving your cars performance as happen in real racing.

Last of all will there be pits stops fuel usage . car setup & tire ware.
best of luck with your game.

Does the game support 3DVision ?
If it does I would definetely buy it.
It's a shame that the titles like "Project Cars" apparently dropped 3D support and still call themselves simulators.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 470 70.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 284 42.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 307 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 136 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 181 27.1%
Back