rF2 RaceDepartment Daytona 250 - Sun 19th Feb 2023 *Livestreamed/Broadcasted*

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Need to get this one working with a region map, and my car is good to go!
AdSJe1t.jpg

Getting closer to the Daytona 250 now! Livestream-testing was done this evening with Roy and Simon. Things are heating up. Seen some liveries on the server as well. For those who uses custom liveries. Remember to change name of the livery-file if you update your livery after being on the server, if not the server will just read "same name" and not update the livery file!

For the ones still on the fence of joining (or just seeing the tag that will follow), driving on Daytona with restrictor plate Stock Cars are quite easy. So even if you are unexperienced in oval racing, it's safe to join, you'll be able to handle the car :) There's both a fine default setup, a setup provided by Edward in the thread, and also some setup-tweak ideas from Jan in the thread.
While it easy to drive, the pack racing, drafting etc. is not easy to master, it's completely different kind of racing, a bit more like chess when it comes to tactics. The first 85-90% of the race is there to learn how the rest of the grid drives, who to work with, who looks the strongest etc.
If you have issues early, there's both wavearounds during cautions, and lucky dogs (the first car a lap down when the caution comes out, will get a lap back).
So oval racing is so much more than "just turning left". Like Jan said this is gonna be SO EPIC!

With quite a bit of text written, what's a better warm-up to the real Daytona 500, or a better way to spend some time on a Sunday, than with a bunch of social happy racers at RaceDepartment? The race is guaranteed to end before the Daytona 500, and will not collide with any other RD race! :) (and yes, I will probably tag a few that aren't interested in oval racing! I just like seeing you guys on the track! Also, I might've seen your name in an rF2 race I haven't done *whistle*)

@Denis Betty @Paul_V @dbx71 @Monkey T @rockracer @_Ken Scott @Matt Le Gallez @Jasje @Ruben Cerlem @sisco55 @PurgerUK @David Steinacher @wayphaxx @Stammeleer @Michael Rudolf @Maciej Strzeboński @xoSx.Racing @IceColdBeard_24 @SimApprentice21 @Kryztov @Celestiale @max1966i @Stefan Hiller @abecede @Redvaliant @Michel vL @sam75 @paul75 @slideways @Daniel R. @Reiche @Bryan Birtwell @Lennart Groessl @Rich Green @Xalfy @pattikins @Stephen Gibb @Stig Bidstrup @Jack Smith @vbomfim @Jim Carvalho @karan733 @Ronny van Rooij @burtydog @Orlando Medley Sr. @Luca Ciarfella @Raf Nix @CaptainLykaios @Thomas Hoelzl @SwannyUK

Phew. More tags incoming.

Copy from above:

Getting closer to the Daytona 250 now! Livestream-testing was done this evening with Roy and Simon. Things are heating up. Seen some liveries on the server as well. For those who uses custom liveries. Remember to change name of the livery-file if you update your livery after being on the server, if not the server will just read "same name" and not update the livery file!

For the ones still on the fence of joining (or just seeing the tag that will follow), driving on Daytona with restrictor plate Stock Cars are quite easy. So even if you are unexperienced in oval racing, it's safe to join, you'll be able to handle the car :) There's both a fine default setup, a setup provided by Edward in the thread, and also some setup-tweak ideas from Jan in the thread.
While it easy to drive, the pack racing, drafting etc. is not easy to master, it's completely different kind of racing, a bit more like chess when it comes to tactics. The first 85-90% of the race is there to learn how the rest of the grid drives, who to work with, who looks the strongest etc.
If you have issues early, there's both wavearounds during cautions, and lucky dogs (the first car a lap down when the caution comes out, will get a lap back).
So oval racing is so much more than "just turning left". Like Jan said this is gonna be SO EPIC!

With quite a bit of text written, what's a better warm-up to the real Daytona 500, or a better way to spend some time on a Sunday, than with a bunch of social happy racers at RaceDepartment? The race is guaranteed to end before the Daytona 500, and will not collide with any other RD race! :) (and yes, I will probably tag a few that aren't interested in oval racing! I just like seeing you guys on the track! Also, I might've seen your name in an rF2 race I haven't done *whistle*)

@Julian Strasser @Paul Le Gallez @Chark @Snoolbrunch @iMentrix @Sára Mühlfeitová @Riky_Sim @Leck3000 @VictorIS @Kamran Khan @Peter Stokman @Andu1983 @GeekyDeaks @Peevee88 @Dean Maković @Kresh @Andyt68 @H_Belane @AlB_3010 @thom462 @nevermike @Frank Steinbach @Stan Sokol @Marcin Morel @Munkyboo @Ross McGregor @Theo van den Brink @Arkoudadis @Aidan Keranen @smasha @Shawn Jacobs @VeryImportantPotato @Nuno Rodrigues @Oliver Bunz @Gasper Zupan @Pauli Ahonen @JLuna26 @geries @Edgar1996.10 @rakoczyn @Jens Roos @rbakker @Cameron Sansano @ferchanteiro @vmsergi @EmilG15 @G-Slev @Bumble

Phew :)

This is a race one would hate to miss! :D

did a good 30 minutes of running with @Jan Larsen in the afternoon and with us 2 it was already intensely fun, can't imagine what it's gonna be like with a field of +-20. suprised at how many lines are viable, did some drafting behind eachother for a good few laps but when i got bored i decided to run some high lines and even though through the corners it was slightly slower on the straight bits you can easily recover so we ran side by side for a good 3-4 laps before Jan decided to practice his pit entry. The setup is ready, livery is done, can't wait!

I'm still fighting with covid and it looks like i can't make it. I hope for a small miracle, but this must come quickly. I don't wanna join with no practice lap done.
I'm really sorry for now. :(

Is anyone up for a few practice laps in the draft now? I'm jumping on the server for half an hour.

Last edited:

@Denis Betty @Paul_V @dbx71 @Monkey T @rockracer @_Ken Scott @Matt Le Gallez @Jasje @Ruben Cerlem @sisco55 @PurgerUK @David Steinacher @wayphaxx @Stammeleer @Michael Rudolf @Maciej Strzeboński @xoSx.Racing @IceColdBeard_24 @SimApprentice21 @Kryztov @Celestiale @max1966i @Stefan Hiller @abecede @Redvaliant @Michel vL @sam75 @paul75 @slideways @Daniel R. @Reiche @Bryan Birtwell @Lennart Groessl @Rich Green @Xalfy @pattikins @Stephen Gibb @Stig Bidstrup @Jack Smith @vbomfim @Jim Carvalho @karan733 @Ronny van Rooij @burtydog @Orlando Medley Sr. @Luca Ciarfella @Raf Nix @CaptainLykaios @Thomas Hoelzl @SwannyUK

Phew. More tags incoming.
Thx`s for the tag , but for this one I will admire the broadcasted livestream

Ah, the one at Mosport.
I honestly missed you more during Christmas when we did, I know you didn't sign up for it, but still missed you:
dKr8u9l.png

Signing you up for this oval magnificence though! Question is, will you be able to beat @Ingemar Petersson and become the best Swede? :O
Ouch! Having missed that event makes me really kick myself! :(Awesome header btw! :confused:

Also I don’t know if I can top @Ingemar Petersson but I can perhaps contend for the best west swede! Beweswede?? :laugh:

Sadly I’ve managed to get basically zero time to prep or skin, if anyone have a basic setup they like to share or at least few tips I’d be very grateful! Otherwise I’ll just go with my gut feeling whilst trying to get some laps in now!
Appreciate your driving tips @Jan Larsen !:thumbsup:

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • Watch party

Votes: 8 11.6%
  • At a friends house