RasmusP's LUTs for G27/29 and DFGT

Misc RasmusP's LUTs for G27/29 and DFGT 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Me and you have been through this before when I first started using look up tables where you helped me, so everything regarding CM and it resetting etc is not happening, I can change LUT succesfully in CM without any problems. Overall gain is at 50 and in car gain is at 100. I tried so many cars now from F1 cars to GT3 cars, I've also gone back through all the ini files and triple checked every setting and everything is as instructed by you.

sFO0Dm8.png

Me and you have been through this before when I first started using look up tables where you helped me, so everything regarding CM and it resetting etc is not happening, I can change LUT succesfully in CM without any problems. Overall gain is at 50 and in car gain is at 100. I tried so many cars now from F1 cars to GT3 cars, I've also gone back through all the ini files and triple checked every setting and everything is as instructed by you.

sFO0Dm8.png
Ah, sorry then!
Was in a hurry but wanted to give a reply :)

So that looks perfect indeed. It seems like your gain in the Logitech driver would be too low but as far as I know the g29 software doesn't have the gain slider.
Maybe there's some setting that influences it though? Maybe the sensitivity?
It should be correct at default but it's difficult to pinpoint the problem without ever having touched a g29 in real life.

About the driver gain:
The first line in the LUT with " 0 | xx" is the vibration while not having any ffb.
I tested this setting with 100% gain in the driver.
At less than 100% the wheel would induce clipping by itself so you'd lose maximum force from the wheel.
At above 100% everything gets amplified but the maximum force output stays the same.
So you lose dynamic range of force.

The 0 | xx line in the LUT is "noise". At 100% you get some nice and soft friction to smooth out when you drive a chicane for example. Center position is smoother with it.
At 101% the wheel will start to shake slightly to the left and right.
At 105% you have a violently shaking wheel if you don't grab it tightly with your hands.

So it seems that you're at 95% or something even lower... Especially since you say that it feels too soft and not detailed while driving either.

If the settings in the Logitech software have no effect (please just test a bit around), then you could also boost the LUT to get it right.

I would do it like this:
1. Take the first line in the LUT and increase the right value a little bit
2. Start content manager and go on track
3. See if you get vibrations as soon as you go into the car while standing still though
4. If not, quit the game, quit content manager, start at point 1 again

Oh and please put the damper to 0 for this in the ini so the vibration doesn't get silenced by it.
Maybe you did that already? The Logitech wheels have this awful screeching when you turn the wheel while standing still when damper is on...

After we've found how much you need to increase the first value in the LUT, we can increase the whole LUT the same amount and you should get a nice result!

The damper part from the download page just in case you didn't do it yet:

3. open the assetto_corsa.ini:
you find this ini in: "%...%\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\assetto_corsa.ini"
set ENABLE_GYRO=0, DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL=0.0, DAMPER_GAIN=0.0

I shall get on that in a moment. FYI though, when I am sat still in neutral, and I grab the wheel hard, and move it ever so slightly left or right, I can feel very minute vibrations coming through, but you said it should be standing still with the wheel doing it on it's own?

EDIT: So I changed the first 00 value in the LUT, began with 0.20 and the steering wheel shook so much that the wheel turned itself lol. I then tried 0.15 and at this value I now get a real faint rattling at standstill, somewhat akin to holding onto a steering wheel while a v8 is rumbling away, I guess that's the feeling we're looking for?

Last edited:
I shall get on that in a moment. FYI though, when I am sat still in neutral, and I grab the wheel hard, and move it ever so slightly left or right, I can feel very minute vibrations coming through, but you said it should be standing still with the wheel doing it on it's own?

EDIT: So I changed the first 00 value in the LUT, began with 0.20 and the steering wheel shook so much that the wheel turned itself lol. I then tried 0.15 and at this value I now get a real faint rattling at standstill, somewhat akin to holding onto a steering wheel while a v8 is rumbling away, I guess that's the feeling we're looking for?
The "edit" part is exactly what it should be like, yes!
I'll try to create you a new LUT later today that you can try :)

Thanks so much man, I really appreciate it, you really are a star helping all of these people on here.
First try..
So you need 0.15 to get the "V8 rumbling" becoming alive.
That means a factor of 1.5...

So I threw the LUT into excel, used "|" as separating sign, copied, multiplied it by 1.5 and replaced the second column.
Formatted to showing 2 decimals and then copied the two columns into notepad++, replaced the "tab" between columns with "|" and saved as lut.

Just in case you wanna experiment with this on your own :)

To upload it directly in this thread I had to put ".ini" at the very end... Download it, remove the ".ini" and load it via content manager.

My Excel sheet looks like this:
F2 = E2*1.5
B2 -> copied F column but only inserted the "values" and not the full thing.

1582373664131.png

Attachments

• Custom_LUT_1_Deankenny.lut.ini
    1.1 KB · Views: 154
Hi I have a problem with this guide! I downloaded the "recommended, no clip but stronger" LUT file for my G29. I replaced the files, all right steering wheel more responsive and with a higher sensitivity, however automatically the steering wheel's degrees change from 900 to 270/300. In the game and in the logitech software set at 900 but the steering wheel as soon as I do 90 degrees it reaches the end! the only way to get it back to 900 degrees is to detach and reattach the steering wheel but it seems to lose the FFB generated by the LUT.
Any ideas on how to solve it?

Hi I have a problem with this guide! I downloaded the "recommended, no clip but stronger" LUT file for my G29. I replaced the files, all right steering wheel more responsive and with a higher sensitivity, however automatically the steering wheel's degrees change from 900 to 270/300. In the game and in the logitech software set at 900 but the steering wheel as soon as I do 90 degrees it reaches the end! the only way to get it back to 900 degrees is to detach and reattach the steering wheel but it seems to lose the FFB generated by the LUT.
Any ideas on how to solve it?
Hi, this is very very strange...

About the ffb: after you reattach the wheel, do you still have ffb at all? Because if you have, it's still the ffb from the LUT. The game can't bypass the LUT so if you have ffb, it's with the LUT.

About the degrees: I really have no idea.. Did you touch gamma or speed sensitivity in the steering settings or did you change the sensitivity in the g29 software?
I have never heard about such a bug sadly... Can't help much :(

Hi, first of all thanks for all the help u provided for the logitech wheels! i found ur thread and used your settings for quite a while now but for some reason it's not as i remember i get a lot of rattling while turning and it doesnt feel smooth/precise as it used to. I couldve messed something up while trying to fix it but rght now id like to reset everything to stock and trying from the beginning? is there a simple way of doing that without reinstalling the game and losing all my settings/mods or without changing every setting by its own?
Thanks!

Hi, first of all thanks for all the help u provided for the logitech wheels! i found ur thread and used your settings for quite a while now but for some reason it's not as i remember i get a lot of rattling while turning and it doesnt feel smooth/precise as it used to. I couldve messed something up while trying to fix it but rght now id like to reset everything to stock and trying from the beginning? is there a simple way of doing that without reinstalling the game and losing all my settings/mods or without changing every setting by its own?
Thanks!
Just delete the ff_post_process.ini in c:/users/.. /documents/Assetto corsa

The LUT won't be used anymore :)
The rest are just the settings in Assetto directly. There should be a default button or you just put everything apart from thr ffb gain to 0.

I installed this and then tried to change it back and now my wheel wont respond in Assetto Corsa and in Project Cars 2 it shakes violently with a small radius every couple of seconds. How can I just reset everything?

I installed this and then tried to change it back and now my wheel wont respond in Assetto Corsa and in Project Cars 2 it shakes violently with a small radius every couple of seconds. How can I just reset everything?
My settings don't touch anything project cars related so that seems like there's something strange going on, sorry about that!

To reset Assetto corsa do what I posted in the post above yours.

To put the Logitech software back to default: there should be a default button. Otherwise just reinstall the Logitech software.

I sadly can't provide full settings for the g29 in the Logitech software but here's someone with at least decent settings.
The LUT is missing but this should feel at least okay!

Project cars 2 should be fine with the same settings in the Logitech software and default settings in project cars 2.

Not perfect but a basis to work from :)

@Juanaan98
About drifting:
What settings do you use for drifting? Apart from reshaping what the "minimum force" slider does, my LUTs don't really do anything...

So I'm interested in what you used for drifting. I'd gladly create you a drift-LUT :)

The force is good with the lut, but only thing is not correct is that is jerky when turning the wheel from one side to other, like if there was a bump. Thats the only problem, that it should be smoother.

The force is good with the lut, but only thing is not correct is that is jerky when turning the wheel from one side to other, like if there was a bump. Thats the only problem, that it should be smoother.
Ah okay... Well that is basically what I tried to remove with my LUTs.

Did you find settings for drifting where the bump isn't there?

I hated this bump. It's really pronounced if you use the minimum force setting.
I tried to make it smooth with the LUTs but there's only a certain car specific ffb gain value that's tight but without the bump.
If you have a bump, press the minus button the numpad to reduce the car specific gain. If you have a "hole", use the plus button.

I also recommend the "no clip but stronger" LUT. Did you try that? It should be a bit smoother!
The "tight center" LUT has the biggest bump when passing the center. The "gamma like" LUT is similar.

"normal center" and the "noclipbutstronger" have the softest center passing.
The dfgt LUT is even softer but the driving force gt wheel only has a dead zone of 2%, the G25/27/29/920 have 11-16%.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 32 8.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 19 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 28 7.4%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.6%