RD Formula FG Championship Season 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Australian GP Practice
R01 - Australia - Practice.png

HARVEY SNATCHES FIRST POLE
R01 - Australia - Qualifying.png

Daniel Harvey became just the fourth driver to secure a pole position, as he held out surprise packet Tim Engberink in a wet qualifying in Melbourne. The weather started off miserable to begin with, but as the conditions worsened over the next hour, it came down to who got their timing right as to where you started. Harvey was able to hustle his Apex around just ahead of his Dutch chaser, but the surprise was that his teammate Joel Rautavaara went missing, eventually to be found in 10th place.
Laszlo Csako also had a great session, taking the new Falcon around just 0.03 seconds away from pole. With some great race pace in that car, we'll be watching closely where he can get to, as well as his teammate Rob Sharp, starting 6th.
Andy Graham surprised his way to 4th on debut in the Viper, ahead of Ben Utzer who wasn't quite near enough to the pace to challenge today. Matt Bailey starts in the top 10 for the first time, hoping to grab points for his second consecutive race. He starts next to Omer Said, and ahead of Stephan Bohner, both of whom are campaigning Honda powered Cedars and N-Tech cars respectively. In race trim, this will be an interesting battle to watch.
Further back, the bright splash of yellow we were so used to being in the front two rows instead is occupying 13th and 17th, Hunsley in 13th the best result for the defending champion all weekend. Rui Martins starts his debut in 12th, Ben Herbert in 19th and Jamie Cocks in 20th. Virgin start with Lintner in 14th and Barrett in 16th for their first race, while McNamara is the unlucky one to start in 22nd for his home race, after woefully getting qualfiying wrong.
Commentators Comments: The first race is always going to be interesting to get an idea of the pecking order, but this was crazy. The amount of colour in the top 10 is a breath of fresh air, I'll be looking forward to this race for sure. Some of the cars seem that they won't make the 58 laps, but over that distance I will be very interested to see if those cars with the stronger race pace can get anywhere. Cedars and N-Tech must be watched, but so to Falcon and 2KF1, but if I were to put my money on anyone, the Hungarian team seems to have the best chance. We've now gotten a new driver and new team scoring pole, I am confident that we'll be seeing something similar for the race too.
Podium Tips: L. Csako, O. Said, R. Sharp.

Podium Tips: L. Csako, O. Said, R. Sharp.
No Harvey in the podium tips? Well, from what Tapio had last season that's a good sign :p

Though wet quali :( Optimistic about the race though, wet weather should negate our lack of speed, but also increase chance of crashing out that was already too high last season. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 285 34.7%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 229 27.9%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 152 18.5%
  • Watch party

Votes: 66 8.0%