RD Formula Manager - Season 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Sasha Jednak - It seems like the team is getting back to the former glory days fast. Are you satisfied with the first 2 races?
For start, things that come fast tend to go away as fast. We are going slowly forward, which is good. We managed to improve from previous race, but we still have a lot of work to do to get to fight for top 5, which is a goal. In this race we are happy that Thunderstorm's beat Ronnie, although we know that their engineer went missing during the race and left them on autopilot. ;)
Also, we got some worrying messages from our finance team, as is there some ghost sponsors for Thunderstorm and some other teams (excluding Fusion and Girls) ? They didn't expect to get over 1000 from sponsors for both Kimi and Robert. :O_o:

@Jimlaad43 - Do you regret not holding the podium, or these consistent results are good enough for now?
If you're going as fast as you are and get overtaken, there isn't anything you can do about it.

Anyway
Risky Research (1000)
Engine (Reliability) (500)
Speed x2 Heidfeld (800)
Pitstop x2 Rosenqvist (800)
Qualifying Upgrade

Special objective sponsors are your ghosts :D
- Finish higher than previous round
- Retire with both cars

:thumbsup:
I know I may be shooting myself in a foot, but I don't get it.
1) Retire both cars I get, no problem with that.
2) More worried about finish higher, it says "both drivers", does that mean 500cr per driver?
a) Because RAI and KUB got 500 from regular sponsors, but somehow RAI got +500 and KUB got +800cr. And they have finished same (RAI) and worse(KUB) then in 1st race. :unsure:
b) Both RRR's retired but only Rossi got sponsor for DNF and +800 from somewhere?
c) Kim Yong got 1000cr for DNF and 400cr from?
d) In Red Night Vettel finished better then 1st race, Lewis finished the same.

I'm sorry to @Azabadaza and @Milos for using your teams as example, I just want clarification as I'm quite confused. :unsure:

To be honest, I haven't had the time to focus on this manager, so pulling out unfortunately is true. Was worth a try, and if I have a bit more time in the future I may return

But seeing the close setup rates, does it give you confidence for title battle?
No. We lost to the game bug. BRT is too fast to finish lower than 3rd and 4th, and won't ever retire because that's how it always is. I'll never get the points I need. It's over.

@kedy89 - What happened to Bellof's pace after the pole? And first race's start suddenly a backmarker?
I think we had a major disadvantage running the Michelins. It was ok for 1 lap in quali, but on race pace the Bridgestones were far superior, as the results show. Maybe a slightly better result would've been possible without my absence. As for Ronnie, the setup he's running simply left him without a chance on this track, we never expected anything more than that.

BRT 3400cr
Engine test speed 500cr
Risky research 1000cr
Durability x2 1000cr
RIC pitstops 400cr
BRI overtaking 400cr

Silver Soul 2500cr
Quali upgrade x2 1000cr
Advanced engine test (speed, fuel) 800cr
PET tyre mastery 400cr

No. We lost to the game bug. BRT is too fast to finish lower than 3rd and 4th, and won't ever retire because that's how it always is. I'll never get the points I need. It's over.
Yeah, I rarely retire because I invested a lot in engine reliability. And looking just how few there are overall despite the generally rather poor reliability values, it seems to have been a bit of a wasted effort, and most of you have been quite lucky. And this race you "lost" because you ignored the awful durability of the Delacroix engines. Btw, unlike Apex, BRT is yet to win a race this season.

@rubaru - After a poor day, 1 single point must be a good prize?
With most of the team on vacation (I'm not sure who in management authorized that), we knew going in this was simply going to be a testing session. To get a point was just an unexpected bonus.

Marketplace
Budget 1500
Rosberg +2 Focus (800)
Aston Martin Engine x2 Race (600)
Bank 100
Change Sponsors to D, F

I know I may be shooting myself in a foot, but I don't get it.
1) Retire both cars I get, no problem with that.
2) More worried about finish higher, it says "both drivers", does that mean 500cr per driver?
a) Because RAI and KUB got 500 from regular sponsors, but somehow RAI got +500 and KUB got +800cr. And they have finished same (RAI) and worse(KUB) then in 1st race. :unsure:
b) Both RRR's retired but only Rossi got sponsor for DNF and +800 from somewhere?
c) Kim Yong got 1000cr for DNF and 400cr from?
d) In Red Night Vettel finished better then 1st race, Lewis finished the same.

I'm sorry to @Azabadaza and @Milos for using your teams as example, I just want clarification as I'm quite confused. :unsure:

2) Kubica's +300 comes from "climb 5 places" sponsor. VIP drive gave both +800. Finish The Race sponsor gave both +200. Then Kubica got +300 from climbing.

b) Yes, I add the sponsor money to one of the cars. +800 comes from VIP drive.

c) Kim gets +600 from being a pay driver. +800 from VIP drive.

d) Hamilton finished 11th at both races. That is why Red Night was unable to get that 500.

Finish better than previous race sponsor gives +500 to whole team, not to each driver. Special objectives are given to the team. I add their prize to one of the cars.

2) Kubica's +300 comes from "climb 5 places" sponsor. VIP drive gave both +800. Finish The Race sponsor gave both +200. Then Kubica got +300 from climbing.

b) Yes, I add the sponsor money to one of the cars. +800 comes from VIP drive.

c) Kim gets +600 from being a pay driver. +800 from VIP drive.

d) Hamilton finished 11th at both races. That is why Red Night was unable to get that 500.

Finish better than previous race sponsor gives +500 to whole team, not to each driver. Special objectives are given to the team. I add their prize to one of the cars.
Dumb me, forgot on vip drive. Thanks for clarification Omer :thumbsup:Just one more question :inlove: can I buy 2 driver skills and then also driver training for same driver?

Last edited:
Yeah, I rarely retire because I invested a lot in engine reliability. And looking just how few there are overall despite the generally rather poor reliability values, it seems to have been a bit of a wasted effort, and most of you have been quite lucky. And this race you "lost" because you ignored the awful durability of the Delacroix engines. Btw, unlike Apex, BRT is yet to win a race this season.
Haven't even used high revs since like lap 2, keeping the poor durability in mind. Medium is supposed to lightly heat the engine, and I was expecting this to be fine for a few laps. The heating system is old and set up for me to be able to react in a timespan of 2 laps, which was fine when we had 2 lap updates like in season 5, but for 4 laps, the warning might as well have not even been there. Which is why the warning system is bugged.

Speaking of results, BRT has 4 podiums to my 1. And, while I could have had 2 courtesy of Bernd in Bahrain, I got very "lucky" with an engine failure (despite my continuous investment into the Porsche engine).

Btw, life as a customer is a lot more difficult now than it was in season 5, with the budget cap smaller and engine prices sky high. Most of us barely even have money to invest, compared to you getting it from customers (which God knows how you even got because those deals were unacceptable imo) and not having to pay for an engine yourself (an advantage of at least 7700cr across the season in my case). And even when we do invest (which I do very consistently), there is still an RNG element to it.
And when I try to balance this out by making use of ridiculously risky sponsors, it just gets crushed by this bug and I still have this insane monetary and now also a points disadvantage compared to BRT. Meaning you keep investing, keep not retiring and win yet another 2 titles.

Haven't even used high revs since like lap 2, keeping the poor durability in mind. Medium is supposed to lightly heat the engine, and I was expecting this to be fine for a few laps. The heating system is old and set up for me to be able to react in a timespan of 2 laps, which was fine when we had 2 lap updates like in season 5, but for 4 laps, the warning might as well have not even been there. Which is why the warning system is bugged.

Speaking of results, BRT has 4 podiums to my 1. And, while I could have had 2 courtesy of Bernd in Bahrain, I got very "lucky" with an engine failure (despite my continuous investment into the Porsche engine).

Btw, life as a customer is a lot more difficult now than it was in season 5, with the budget cap smaller and engine prices sky high. Most of us barely even have money to invest, compared to you getting it from customers (which God knows how you even got because those deals were unacceptable imo) and not having to pay for an engine yourself (an advantage of at least 7700cr across the season in my case). And even when we do invest (which I do very consistently), there is still an RNG element to it.
And when I try to balance this out by making use of ridiculously risky sponsors, it just gets crushed by this bug and I still have this insane monetary and now also a points disadvantage compared to BRT. Meaning you keep investing, keep not retiring and win yet another 2 titles.
Starting with quali
high-high-high-low-medium-medium-medium-medium-medium-medium/burn
You cooled down the engine for one lap only. How you did not see the overheating coming is beyond me. Complaining that the wanring system is bugged is a bit over the top, you simply messed up there imo.

Was rather speaking in general regarding reliability. Assuming the full bar is 100%, the only engine with a reliability higher than 50% is Lambo (and that only just). One should expect a good amount of failures, yet there aren't reallly.

Noone forced you to buy a player manufactured engine, there are cheaper alternatives which come with free upgrades each round. Taking the overall performance ranking, the high prices for player ones are appropriate. The regular engines dropped behind just because of that, noone bothered to buy them because they were more expensive yet worse than the player ones, which were sold for dirt cheap.

Well I'm happy I got those 2 customers (now only 1), they got the best engine in the field for that price. Claiming that charging 50 more than the minimum I have to ask is unacceptable is absurd. I could've asked even more, though I doubt anyone would've paid that. I might as well just keep them to myself to erase some competition, but I'm not gonna do that. ERT and Ram (late season) were right up there last season, displaying what's possible.

Anyway, I'll leave it at that.

High should be the killer for engines, and I followed it up by the low on lap 3 because low cools it down a lot. Medium should only heat ever so slightly. This is what I remember from season 5, so with this knowledge and no warning before lap 7 I can't predict or react to the warning. What's the point of the warning if I can't react to it? That's why the system is bugged.
Noone forced you to buy a player manufactured engine
Well, I can't beat you if I don't buy a player engine. You can't even compete with those unless you make serious setup comporomises and get a good driver from the market for the minimum price.
While I agree the prices for the engines are fine for customers, the teams that own them are getting this performance for free and getting even more from the customers.

Honestly I never liked arguing for so long :roflmao:
I've made my point so yeah I'm fine leaving it there

Sorry if I took it personal earlier, I feel like I was quite aggressive. Generally I was feeling very aggressive today

Last edited:
Red Night
Money - 2750cr

Advanced engine testing for Delacroix (speed, reliability) - 800cr
Driver training (Vettel) - 800cr
Wet skill Vettel x 1 - 400cr
Chassis upgrade - 500cr
Total - 2500cr
Money left - 250cr

Thunderstorm Racing
Money - 3150cr

Chassis upgrade x 2 - 1000cr
Driver training (Raikkonen) - 800cr
Risky research - 1000cr
Total - 2800cr
Money left - 350cr

Well, 3 laps on 0% tyres and 5 laps on high/medium revs having an engine with rather poor durability were always going to be risky :coffee:
I didn't say it wasn't my fault xD

@Azabadaza - What a last lap! However, the cash flow and your setup rate indicates better results to come in next races?
That's the hope at least. Thank god for that special objective I didn't know about giving me some money, and also forgetting that I did a VIP drive for some extra dough.
I am really struggling to keep up with this game during work. I really want to keep playing, but it's almost inevitable that I'll either miss an update or 2 or 3 every race, or I won't put in enough strategy planning to compete at any level. I will keep playing, because I enjoy the game and I owe it to many of you to stick around, but it's a struggle.

Marketplace:
Budget: $2000
+1 advanced engine testing - Reliability/durability ($800)
+1 driver testing - Hulk ($800)
+1 testing skill - Rubens ($400)
Remaining: $0

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 31 33.7%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 29 31.5%