RD GP Championship 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have manually assigned fictional finish times to all the drivers in group 1 so now the real classification should show up. Though please understand that any statistics other than the finish position and fastest race lap might be incorrect.

Can somebody check the results of group 2 please? Are they correct?

has anyone realized how quiet this thread is?!

I understand that "these things" can happen but then the thorough solutions have to be employed!
anyway ... I am not so much concerned with the results of this round but I cannot accept the way how fictional results are applied and be wangled.

therefore I withdraw from the RDOWC S2 and wish that my name doesn't appear in it.
maybe some other drivers have the guts too to draw the same conclusion ...

has anyone realized how quiet this thread is?!

I understand that "these things" can happen but then the thorough solutions have to be employed!
anyway ... I am not so much concerned with the results of this round but I cannot accept the way how fictional results are applied and be wangled.

therefore I withdraw from the RDOWC S2 and wish that my name doesn't appear in it.
maybe some other drivers have the guts too to draw the same conclusion ...

The final standings where confirmed via the replay file which means the result itself was not fictional only that the timings are not perfect due to being applied manually instead of through the game.

As for guts, quitting doesn't take guts. Quitting is easy, anyone can do it as we've seen already through to season. It's poor show in my opinion and shows little respect for the elague organiser who spent a large amount of time exploring the possibilities and then viewing replay files to build a correct result that is as fair as possible.

To be honest it seems more like sour grapes to me. Your pitstops have put you out of position in the standings so you've lost out and now you quit. It really shows little respect for your fellow racers and the organisers. You have little to lose from it anyway as I'm sure you're aware if you read the information correctly about the league that drop scores will take place anyway.

I agree but standing up and not accepting how things are done does!

What things and what could had be done differently ?. Please give us your solution to this problem.
Bram said that its impossible to find a date to rerun the race. So no he must decide what to do with race results. We could give normal points, half points or just ignore the race completely. There is no easy to solution to this.

I agree but standing up and not accepting how things are done does!
Reto, by all means you can help us all out, This is the best solution, having a re-run would cause problems, although i would love it to happen, it won't and i accept that, deep down if a re-run was to take place, more driver's would lose out then benefit from it, simply because of real life and other leagues they are commited to.

it's a no win situation im afraid, deal with it and race with us, afterall this is for fun. :)

This was the only way things could go in a 2 group league where group 2 had finished the race 100%. Its unfortunate that we in group 1 didnt get to finish, but thats life. If it was possible to do it any other way im sure Bram would of done it. This was the only option that could work with 2 groups.

I wish you would reconsider your desicion as your worst result is dropped anyway. So were all in the same boat and can just count this as the dropped race.

Like Scott said, its meant to be fun.

We're not playing for sheep stations here, it's all in good fun.
Go and have a Beer then come back here and retract your withdrawl so you race.

Karma will play it's part....if you were unlucky here, you'll probably get the rub of the green next race :)

Important also to respect the organisers/volunteers.

As my former boss always told his personnel: Don't bring me problems, bring me solutions :)

So @Reto Christiani if you have a proper solution that fits all drivers we are always open for suggestions. Try to see the bigger picture and don't just look at your own race please.

Nobody forced you to make a pitstop, thats a call you made during the race and due to technical difficulties beyond our control the race was forced to an end in both groups. This can happen in real life as well (see the 2010 F1 race where the event had to be ended due to rainfall. All part of the sport.

If it were a single group league we would have ignored the results but a simple kid can do the calculations that if you ignore the first group results you also have to ignore the second group drivers as well. And as that last group finished their race already it would be silly to get rid of their results as well.

Rescheduling you know that will not work. Most people have already four dates in their agenda's and if we would all of a sudden organize a midweek race I am pretty sure not everybody can join.

Race report:
I expected not to be too good in qualifying because for some reason Im a lot slower on tracks with fast corners and this track has quiet a lot :) so P14 was okay.
Had a great start getting from P14 to P10 after turn 1 and keeping my position for the first laps.
Then in the following laps it turned out that I was as expected not as fast as the guys I got at the start so they started pushing, probably a bit to hard cause there were incidents behind me and 2 times I was bumped into as well.
However everything was going good, was in P8 when Bill bumped into me before the hairpin, that made me loose control and crash into the barrier, Pit stop, P17.
I was able to get up to P14 again but the disco happened a bit too early for me.
I learned a lot about setting up by Noel Spence this race so defenitely worth it and looking forward to the last race :)

As my former boss always told his personnel: Don't bring me problems, bring me solutions

So @Reto Christiani if you have a proper solution that fits all drivers we are always open for suggestions. Try to see the bigger picture and don't just look at your own race please.

Nobody forced you to make a pitstop, thats a call you made during the race and due to technical difficulties beyond our control the race was forced to an end in both groups. This can happen in real life as well (see the 2010 F1 race where the event had to be ended due to rainfall. All part of the sport.

just want to clarify that my withdrawal is also influenced by other reasons I don't want to discuss and is not only related to the Taruma race nor the server-crash. and has definitely nothing to do with "my" race!

but lets talk solutions:
correct me please if I didn't read correctly the "RDOWC S2 | Intro & Info" thread, but it seems that an extra event is considered and not impossible?
"... If after four rounds the championship is not decided a shootout will be organized."
So my suggestion is to use this possible shootout-date as a re-race.

by the way: pirelli tires force pitstops and rainfall is more predictable then a disconnect and a SimRace is easier to repeat then a F1 race ;)

First of all if you withdraw please report absence in this thread. Secondly if you withdraw why are you bothered by a re-race?

The shootout would be a fast short race between the drivers fighting for P1 directly after the race in case of a draw. Not an entire new event.

Annoying you make things so mysterious but don't get to the point.

However everything was going good, was in P8 when Bill bumped into me before the hairpin, that made me loose control and into the barrier, Pit stop, P17

Don't think we touched according to the replay and from my pov. Not sure as i wasn't in your seat but you were either in the beginnings of a tank slapper or you simply moved left quickly to try and block me from passing and that's why we touched/got close, i was just keeping my line at that moment. If you change direction quickly in these cars you tend to "tank slap" and that's what it looked like happened to you from my seat :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 482 69.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 294 42.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 318 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 147 21.2%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 190 27.4%
Back