RD GP Championship 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Troy it looks fantastic! Maybe 1 minor change: can you put my name on it just like you did with Angelo? At the back of the car? Would be awesome..1000x thanks :thumbsup:
Fixed
Untitled.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/download/rr22iddj3m987i7/FVee_32.zip

Wow, this is fantastic! A full grid! Honestly didn't see that coming :D
Thank you to everyone who signed up, and hopefully we can have a tremendous first season of racing :)

More details of the official test will be coming in a couple of days :)

Edit: There's still technically 7 spots remaining should there be any premium members who want to enlist. *Cough* @Tony Binelli *Cough* :p

Last edited:
Just a suggestion, but you think it would be a good idea to add a drop week? So the total points at the end of the season is counted using the top 7 results. This would allow for anyone to have an unexpected issue that may arise (emergency or technical issues) for a week and won't disadvantage them too badly for the rest of the season?

If the consensus is that we'd all like something like this then I'm more than happy to implement it.

I just have a couple of concerns with it.
  1. Lets say 'Driver A' is second place in the championship because he's attended every race, and scored consistently strongly, not winning everything, but scoring strongly none-the-less. And let's say his worst result of the season is a 4th place (10pts), so he elects to drop that result. Now lets assume that 'Driver B' is leading the championship because he has won several races, but has been inconsistent, and so his worst result is a 10th place (1pt). But, 'Driver B' reports that he cannot attend Round 'x', so at the end of the season, he drops Round 'x', where he was a DNS, and never scored any points. This would mean he could drop his worst result without losing a single point. So at the end of the season, not only has 'Driver A' been more consistent, but he's been inadvertently punished for being consistent by having to drop his worst result, which was still a decent haul of points, meanwhile 'Driver B' hasn't gained any points from Round 'x', but he hasn't lost any either, because he scored zero for round 'x', so that was his worst result. 'Driver A' would end up further behind as a result of it.
  2. Would the dropping of your worst result have to be done immediately after it occurred? Because if you chose to drop your worst result at the end of the season, you could theoretically gain a place or two in the championship by dropping your worst round, which may be worse than your rivals.

If we are to implement such a system, you'd have to elect to drop a poor performance immediately following the round in which it happened, irrespective of whether it's your worst of the season, to remove the element of hindsight, which could potentially gain you positions.

Last edited:
Say your Driver A is consistent as you said, and his worst round is still pretty good- So maybe instead of dropping a round that would net him a good amount of points all together, afford him the option of taking half points rounded up to the nearest whole number. That way Driver B having to miss a race won't be at too much of a disadvantage, but you still reward Driver A for being consistent.

1st Place = 20pts --> 10
2nd Place = 15pts --> 8
3rd Place = 12pts --> 6
etc...

If the consensus is that we'd all like something like this then I'm more than happy to implement it.

I just have a couple of concerns with it.
  1. Lets say 'Driver A' is second place in the championship because he's attended every race, and scored consistently strongly, not winning everything, but scoring strongly none-the-less. And let's say his worst result of the season is a 4th place (10pts), so he elects to drop that result. Now lets assume that 'Driver B' is leading the championship because he has won several races, but has been inconsistent, and so his worst result is a 10th place (1pt). But, 'Driver B' reports that he cannot attend Round 'x', so at the end of the season, he drops Round 'x', where he was a DNS, and never scored any points. This would mean he could drop his worst result without losing a single point. So at the end of the season, not only has 'Driver A' been more consistent, but he's been inadvertently punished for being consistent by having to drop his worst result, which was still a decent haul of points, meanwhile 'Driver B' hasn't gained any points from Round 'x', but he hasn't lost any either, because he scored zero for round 'x', so that was his worst result. 'Driver A' would end up further behind as a result of it.
  2. Would the dropping of your worst result have to be done immediately after it occurred? Because if you chose to drop your worst result at the end of the season, you could theoretically gain a place or two in the championship by dropping your worst round, which may be worse than your rivals.

If we are to implement such a system, you'd have to elect to drop a poor performance immediately following the round in which it happened, irrespective of whether it's your worst of the season, to remove the element of hindsight, which could potentially gain you positions.

Definitely some valid points. That highlights the disadvantage of the drop week.

• If you cannot make the session due to legitimate reasons (technical issues/emergency) your total championship would count the 7 races that you attended. Any more DNS than one would result in 0 points for that race.
  • If you attended all 8 weeks. You would count your top 7 results and drop the lowest scoring week.
People that attends all the events does not disadvantage themselves in anyway as they have the opportunity to 'improve' their worst result. People that can only make 7 are not disadvantaged by being unable to score max amount of points they can. However their consistency will play a larger part as they will have their worst result more pronounced at the end of the season.
I can see how your example may cause people to gain advantages where they shouldn't have, but in the end wouldn't having high finishes for 7 weeks still say they have been relatively consistent all season? If they have the lead and had a 10th place finish by the end of the season they should still deserve the championship? I guess seeing example numbers make it easier to see if it would make it a major impact on final standings.

Ahhh I see, I'll admit, I have been thinking about the system, I just haven't been able to get my head around it. lol It's a little confusing.

Well I see your point. :)
Okay, well in the next couple of days we'll be getting our own sub-forum for this league, so I'll post a poll in there so we can see which system to go with.

I'm happy to go with either. In fact, after the points you raise, I'm more inclined to go with the point dropping system. The only problem then is it complicates the scoring process somewhat for me haha.
But I'll get over it :p

Alright then Chris :) Put me on the reserves list. I will come back in January to kick some butt :roflmao:

EDIT: seems I already am^^
No worries mate :)
Just keep in mind that being on the reserve list doesn't necessarily guarantee you a race. But, if someone can't make it to a particular round in January and beyond, then you'll be the first one I'll contact :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 482 69.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 294 42.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 318 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 147 21.2%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 190 27.4%
Back