RD GP Championship 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final form:
TDR%20final_zps2xrq0ykq.png~original
very very nice (as in Valentino Rossi style !)

Great one Sun!. I'm still working on mine, but I just don't have the skeels and imagination for skinning. Need to fill out some sponsors and some tweaking, but I'm getting there :)

xiViZat.jpg

Round 1.jpg

Lights out and away we go!

General Information
Date: Saturday 27th February 2016
Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM RDGPC
Start time: 20:00 AEDT (09:00 GMT)
Skin Pack: DOWNLOAD
Virtual Time of Day: 14:00
Starting Track Grip: 96%
Conditions: Cold and Cloudy
Racing Laps: 21 | Standing Start

Technical Notes
Track Length: 5.891 km
Top speed: 226 km/h
Turns: 18 in total. (10 right, 8 left)

Track Map & Red Zone:
The red zone for Round 1 applies from the start finish line to the exit of Turn 5 during the first lap of the race. Incidents that occur in this zone will be automatically looked at and scrutinized more heavily, and may be punished more severely. The objective of the red zone is to promote a clean start to the race so that everyone can get through the first lap unscathed. Erratic changes of direction, contact and crashes will be penalized more harshly if found guilty.

map.png

Track Limits
Article 6.1 of the 2016 RaceDepartment League Regulations states that all drivers must maintain at least two wheels within the white lines of the track at all times when under normal control of their car. Whilst article 6.1 applies to the entire race track, the stewards will pay particularly strong attention to the following areas of the track. The cutting penalties outlined in the Stewards Notice Board thread will be applied to drivers who take liberties with these areas too often.

Turn 9:
Time gains can be made by extending the exit of the corner and running onto the astro-turf. Drivers who run wide beyond the darkened asphalt and do not lift off, will not be penalised as significant time will be lost with reduced speed and a significantly longer route.
Screenshot_tatuusfa1_silverstone_13-1-2015-14-53-39.jpg

Turn 15:
Time gains can be made by extending the exit of the corner and running onto the astro-turf.
Screenshot_tatuusfa1_silverstone_27-12-2014-16-38-17.jpg

Pit-lane Exit:

Drivers must not exceed the white line on the exit of the pit lane which guides you safely back to the racing line, at any point during Qualifying or the Race. Doing so could lead to a dangerous encounter with opponents, and may spoil their hotlap or race. If caught doing so, you will be given an automatic 10 second time penalty added to your race time. Drivers are allowed to cross it during the practice session, provided it does not impede anyone or cause an incident. If it does impede or cause an incident, then the affected driver is free to submit an incident report.
Screenshot_tatuusfa1_silverstone_13-1-2015-14-54-13.jpg

TeamSpeak
You are required to be present on TeamSpeak during all rounds of the league. Upon joining the RaceDepartment TeamSpeak server, you must set up your teams' Sub-Channel within the Assetto Corsa channel, using your team name. Once in your channel, the League director will send you a text message containing the password for the server.

TS1.jpg

TS2.jpg

TS3.jpg

Last edited:
If anyone is looking for a teammate, drop me a PM. Don't really bring that much to the table, but would be better than just racing alone :)

Me neither. But I'm in the main group of drivers now so if anyone wants a grease Monkey that's managed to get a shot at the big time and perhaps score a few cheeky points if anyone in front has any issues then I'm your man!!!

Just have a quick question after the PM went out saying that due to popular demand we will see 30 on the grid.
There was also a mention of PCs perhaps taking performance hits.
I'm worried that my pc is getting on a bit and I may end up in an unplayable situation come race day...
Is it as straight forward as putting 30 cars on screen with an FPS counter running or putting the benchmark test on to check or does it work differently for online?

Just have a quick question after the PM went out saying that due to popular demand we will see 30 on the grid.
There was also a mention of PCs perhaps taking performance hits.
I'm worried that my pc is getting on a bit and I may end up in an unplayable situation come race day...
Is it as straight forward as putting 30 cars on screen with an FPS counter running or putting the benchmark test on to check or does it work differently for online?

Well doing a singleplayer race with 30 cars should put much more of a strain on your computer because it has to caculate the physics for all 30 cars. But if you can run 30 ai you should be able to run 30 cars in mp.

Last edited:
  • Name: Edward Rockett
  • Round Number: 4
  • Reason: At home/away from gaming setup
I plan to be free for round 5

Last edited:
Got some serious issues with the car. It will load the showroom, no problem. Does not load the 'race'-mode for some extremely weird reason. Tried Game Cache Verification (which actually detected over 100 missing files, how the f*bleep*) and reinstalling the mod, but neither worked...
Anybody got something to try?

PS. It has worked before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 440 69.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 273 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 292 46.3%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 129 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 172 27.3%
Back