RD GP Championship 2017 II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was able to join 6 mins left in Warmup and starting from the back. Only for the game to freeze and crash with 10 laps to go while I as in P9 or something. Oh the emotions...
Well done for getting into the race though and not just giving up completely. A real shame that you did retire (I believe you will still get points due to how late in the race you retired)

Seems like the lap count estimate was really off for this one, ending up way longer than 90 minutes and throwing off my fuel calculations. But hey, at least I survived this time (kind of)! :)

BTW, @Joseph Wright, can the race length be described in a more straigthforward way next time? I mean, "90 min (approx. ~68 laps)" suggests that the race will be time based, while in reality it's purely defined as number of laps. I should have known better, but it still confused me when assembling the strategy. Cheers! :rolleyes:

I'll now go and ritually delete this layout, so by no accident will I ever try to run this combo again. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
@Steve Le Gallez I don't appreciate your tactics. I get that you are just trying to help Matt out and I really don't mind spending half a lap glued to your gearbox before you let me pass, but brake testing me in a 5th gear corner is not cool.:thumbsdown:
Nothing could be further from the truth @Tim O'Glock , I would never use any sort of tactics like that to help anyone (My son included) & for you to suggest that I was I find very distasteful, it may be a 5th gear corner for you, but for me it's 4th, as for half a lap glued to my gearbox, not sure which one that was, but certainly not in the race tonight.

@Steve Le Gallez I don't appreciate your tactics. I get that you are just trying to help Matt out and I really don't mind spending half a lap glued to your gearbox before you let me pass, but brake testing me in a 5th gear corner is not cool.:thumbsdown:

He would NEVER do anything like that on purpose to anyone Ferdinand, and i wouldn't ever let anyone do that for me in a race! You finished a whole minute ahead of everyone... chill out!

He would NEVER do anything like that on purpose to anyone Ferdinand, and i wouldn't ever let anyone do that for me in a race! You finished a whole minute ahead of everyone... chill out!

I don't want to cause a ruckus, but he also took his sweet time when me and Tom were fighting and we came to lap him... wasn't really planned out well by him when he was fighting no-one.

gentlemen pilots, I'm sorry if I managed people tonight on the track, I was really out of the box, with errors on mistakes, really a nightmarish night, congratulations to those who have finished ... just a little opinion on the post of ferdinand lechner, steve is really a good guy and I can not imagine a strategy on his part;)

May I just say it says 90 Minutes Approx and 68 Laps...
You're right, but this was approximately 103 minutes (including the formation lap)... Should have been around 63 laps to match the 90 minutes (for Ferdinand, and 60 for us midfielders :D). Even though my reading skills played a significant role in the confusion, it might be more clean to just put the lapcount there, or reverse the order of info. :notworthy:

But as soon as I could get out of the way, I DID

We were like 5 tenths or less at the line, but you waited until the back straight(I spun around because I thought I was gonna slam into one of you as Tom looked like he'd make it two-wide into the kink) to do so.

You sure you couldn't have like moved right before T3? That would have made things WAY easier. I was quite sure saw nobody anywhere near you to fight, in comparison to Ryan who fought with Navarro when me and Tom caught him.

dbz-memes-dragon-ball-z-32173130-449-569.jpg

Very good race guys although the field was quite spread out so i imagine not very exciting for the spectators :p.....also a quick notice to Carlos Alba....i enjoyed our brief battle and i'm sorry for the tap on the back (you caught me of guard on the brakes there)...but you did play a very aggresive defence and and almost take me into the wall at turn 4 twice....i think you could have eased of since you were on worn out tires and was going to pit very soon....that's my opinion....still was a good race and i feel sorry for your engine failure..it happened to me on the first round so i know the feeling :)

Frustrating event for me.

I knew I would be near the back. Got faster every time I went out but just not good enough against you guys.

Race start was ok, no real dramas apart from one moment when there was so much smoke I couldn't see anything. I then caught the kerb on the 2nd lap and did a 360.

I just wanted to get a finish but I had a quick spin again later on and I was blocking the track. I was seriously worried about collecting the leading group. Managed to move out of the leader's way but with such a close group behind I decided to drop out rather than try turning and collecting someone.

I was stuck solid in the 30's which just wasn't fast enough around here.

I enjoy leagues on RD but it's mentally hammering when you race the AI on 110% and do well, and then race in the league and you're nowhere! Lol

Many thanks to my fellow team mates for their support and setup help. Sorry I let you down.

Roll on the next one....

We were like 5 tenths or less at the line, but you waited until the back straight(I spun around because I thought I was gonna slam into one of you as Tom looked like he'd make it two-wide into the kink) to do so.
You sure you couldn't have like moved right before T3? That would have made things WAY easier. I was quite sure saw nobody anywhere near you to fight, in comparison to Ryan who fought with Navarro when me and Tom caught him.

I'm pretty sure everyone got held up by a back marker at some point during that race. I got held up by someone from T1 all the way to the back straight. But i'm not going to sit here and hammer someone because they were driving their own race. I'm pretty sure @CMGARAGE would tell you he and my Dad were battling for most of the race. Just because someone isn't nose to tail with another driver doesn't mean they aren't pushing their hardest to try and close down a gap!

Okay.

I take back the misconception about having been closer at the S/F line, Tom and me just caught up VERY quickly through S1. I guess that surprised me and I thought we had been closer.

What I remain on is the fact Steve was alone. When he goes through the kink on the backstraight, Mat Cook is already at the finish line while the car behind(Olivier Louis) is at the last turn.

Unless Matt is doing a very late stop(even then he's probably gonna rejoin ahead), there's nobody close on track.

But whatever, even with close calls, spins and such, AMS is a lot of fun:)

Very good race guys although the field was quite spread out so i imagine not very exciting for the spectators :p.....also a quick notice to Carlos Alba....i enjoyed our brief battle and i'm sorry for the tap on the back (you caught me of guard on the brakes there)...but you did play a very aggresive defence and and almost take me into the wall at turn 4 twice....i think you could have eased of since you were on worn out tires and was going to pit very soon....that's my opinion....still was a good race and i feel sorry for your engine failure..it happened to me on the first round so i know the feeling :)

I'm on P7 and you P8, you just left the pits with new wheels. I have another strategy different from yours, that's why I'm fighting the position with you, and although I wear worn wheels I do not have to give up my place because you insinuate or want to pass over like a "Panzer" during those three laps we fought. Win it, but not in the way you did in Hockenheim or in Goinia, because if for your aggressive actions, some of us end up against the wall or off track, what's the point? Yesterday, you came back to take me one more time. It is a pity that when mistakes are made, the fault lies with the other driver.

I had a lot of fun until the engine said enough, the funny thing is that it had 92º of engine temperature and it should not have happened, in the workouts that I did not happen at any time, but who knows if it had to see the kiss that takes me in the rear of the car on lap 38. But it's just my opinion. ;):)

As for the third race, a circuit chosen perfectly, difficult as none and in which you can not make a different movement or end up in the pits.
Amazing to see circuit after circuit as the four aliens bend you, masters, my congratulations.
Once again, thank the organizers of the championship.:);)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 21 32.3%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Watch party