RD MINI Challenge 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fun race!

Started 3rd and slowly took myself up to 1st before my first pit stop. I had considered a 1 stop but noticed it just wasn't going to work for me, like @Alessandro Di Domenicantonio says, I've got no idea how the ppl who did managed 1 stop so well.

In the ending it was close but on the same time it wasn't. Had to overtake last lap but the cliff on the 1 stoppers were quite big so in the end had quite a nice gap.

Good job by the back markers, I think I more or less just gained time by passing backmarkers due to the slipstream. :p

Good job by the rest on the podium and thanks everyone for the great racing! :)

awesome start the RDMC no points but no real mistakes (appart from when I had to answer my phone lol)

Great fair racing from where i was seeing. Good job to those who finished. see you next time :)

Yep, very nice race, lots of fun! I stayed at the back but got a nice battle at the beginning, up to to the first stop... where I forgot to turn off damage! So I lost contact, too bad... But enjoyed a lot the evening, thank you!

kudos.png

Forgot to give 100 kudos to the broadcast team! @Davy Vandevenne @Lorenzo Bonder @Thomas Hinss thanks for sacrificing your freetime once again on Saturday to let us MINIlista race on TV :thumbsup:

Watch the replay of the live broadcast here

Congrats all, was great fun.

Was happy with qualifying, as expected take my fastest time, take off a second there's pole time :)

Race not too bad, @Bram God it's intimidating having you behind lol all I could think was don't wreck Bram don't do anything stupid ahhhh lol a bit different to how the next guy battled you :)

I was sure I had a good strategy, 20 laps fronts, 40 laps all 4 and 30L but nope the 1 stoppers did awesome, well done!

Look forward to next round.

I was quite psyched that I actually qualified 11th! <1s off of the aliens! For that I do have to thank @Bram for his tip about raising front pressure and lowering back. I think that gained me at least 0.5s in my qualifying time.

As for the race I was kinda happy and kinda bummed. Start of the race kinda sucked. I was down two spots at the end of the first lap and I knew that it wouldn't be too long before @Frank would get by. I just have trouble keeping ppl from passing and being able to pass others (working on that!)

Before the race I did a test run using 6x tyre wear, and figured a one stop wasn't going to work. My strategy was to change fronts on the first stop and then fronts and rear right on the second. I screwed that up royally though. Instead, I mistakenly changed rear left and left the rear right :(. I really struggled in the last stint with car balance. I figure that mistake likely cost me 2 and maybe as many as 5 places in the race.

Two or three lapses in concentration cost me more time in the race. When doing a 2 stop strategy, there just is no room for errors like that. But I am really hopeful for a better result in the next race :)

BTW, I really loved the close racing at the beginning and the train of 5-6 cars I was in. I want a league where fuel consumption and tyre wear are off so we can have that type of racing for a full 80 minutes :)

Well, I've enjoyed all of the Minis' fridays events, but unfortunately yesterday was horrible. My pc's motherboard stopped working on thursday, and the new one will arrive next tuesday, so I tried an old son´s pc that couldn´t barely move AMS. So the experience was frustrating. All graphics options in low, around 30 fps,very laggy, and with some freezes all over the race. I just wanted to finish it. In fact, I think I was the last, like my team name says: Last Turtle. Curiosly, I finished second here when we raced a couple of weeks ago.
I hope to do it better in Londrina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 298 34.7%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 241 28.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 159 18.5%
  • Watch party