ACC RD Racing Club | World Challenge Europe Thunders On To Simracing.GP [Deleted]

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Server should be live just after 20:32bst. Remember there is a mandatory pitstop in the pit window for tyres (fuel optional).

As always no chat during quali or the race.

Have a good one guys.

monza.jpg

Had a great race tonight thanks guys. I saw a few drive through penalties which might be due to pit lane speeding, missing the pit window, not changing tyres, speeding at the start etc so please feel free to ask any questions if you aren't sure on something.

This is what the practice event was all about, ironing out any issues before the series.

I had an average start but then did this!
Full brown trousers on that one, so glad I didn't collect Tim and Ben. After Tim pitted Ben and I had a great battle. The Porsche seemed better in to the corners and had good traction out but the BMW had more grunt so made it really difficult to pass. I eventually got up the inside heading in to Ascari and Ben sportingly gave me the room. It was then a full on push to try and catch Andrew in the flying Audi! We traded a few tenths and I made up a bit of time in the pit stops but couldn't get near in the end.

Hope you all had fun, see you next week.

Thanks for the race, guys, and to Chris for organising. My first online ACC race.

Improved my best time by 0.6 seconds in qualifying to land P9. Ok start,up to 7th but was a bit untidy on exit of the first chicane and ran a bit wide. I didn't hit anyone but I probably slowed the guys behind.

Fell back to 9th when it came to my inlap but lost it on the last chicane and hit the wall. As a result my pitstop had 1 min 27 seconds of repairs. I thought I had gone into the pits ok but was informed of a 30 second stop n go. Then when I was serving that I picked up a second one!

Finally emerged with about 15 minutes to go and tried to keep pace with the cars around me.

A learning experience but enjoyable.

I'll probably still be mostly racing AC but will try to join 1-2 more ACC races.

Last edited:
Great race guys, thanks Chris for getting these all set up. It’s appreciated as it must take a lot of your time.

Really enjoyed that race. I’m slowly starting to warm to the Audi and learning more about it. I’m an Aston man at heart, but I’m enjoying not exiting slow corners at the speed of a milk float.

No idea where that quali lap came from, there was only a tenth or so between top 3 for the majority, but I managed to get into 1:48’s on my last flying lap.

Start was great, nice, clean and measured from everyone. Managed to hold onto the lead and build a gap.

I was keeping a close eye on the relatives on the MFD and was hoping the P234 battle would let me keep my lead.

When Chris got into P2 I knew I had to get my head down. I lost about 1.5 seconds on the pit as for some reason I activated the limiter, then turned it off again! So had to slow right down. Was panicking, thought I’d thrown it away but thankfully all was ok.

That put Chris into striking distance, and he was definitely chipping away but thankfully the buffer I built in the first stint was enough to keep me ahead.

Overdone the PSI in my new tyres slightly, so took a while for track temperature to drop enough for them to come back into the window.

Well done all, looking forward to the championship starting for real!

Last edited:
View attachment 566115
Had a great race tonight thanks guys. I saw a few drive through penalties which might be due to pit lane speeding, missing the pit window, not changing tyres, speeding at the start etc so please feel free to ask any questions if you aren't sure on something.

This is what the practice event was all about, ironing out any issues before the series.

I had an average start but then did this!
Full brown trousers on that one, so glad I didn't collect Tim and Ben. After Tim pitted Ben and I had a great battle. The Porsche seemed better in to the corners and had good traction out but the BMW had more grunt so made it really difficult to pass. I eventually got up the inside heading in to Ascari and Ben sportingly gave me the room. It was then a full on push to try and catch Andrew in the flying Audi! We traded a few tenths and I made up a bit of time in the pit stops but couldn't get near in the end.

Hope you all had fun, see you next week.
Didn't last long for me, I am still trying to get used to rolling starts. Last week I was too slow off the mark this week I got a drive through penalty for going too early on the throttle. Fair enough I thought, all an experience so I pit at the end of lap 2 slow down and drive through the pit lane, I didn't pull in just drove through. Got to the end and it disqualified me for speeding in the pit lane. So that was that, 2 laps. Bit baffled as to what I did wrong there?

Didn't last long for me, I am still trying to get used to rolling starts. Last week I was too slow off the mark this week I got a drive through penalty for going too early on the throttle. Fair enough I thought, all an experience so I pit at the end of lap 2 slow down and drive through the pit lane, I didn't pull in just drove through. Got to the end and it disqualified me for speeding in the pit lane. So that was that, 2 laps. Bit baffled as to what I did wrong there?
I'll try and set up a quick local server tomorrow and record one of my race starts to see if there is anything you might be doing differently Tim. It was such a shame to see you retire, I think the battle for 2nd and 3rd would have been even more interesting with your Aston in the mix.

Did you definitely get down below the pit speed limit before crossing the pit entry line, and in first gear? If the pit limiter display is green before you cross the line, you are good. I’ve had DT’s before when I’ve come in too fast and not got below the speed limit before crossing the line, even the the limiter was activated.

Last edited:
Thx for organizing this, Chris!

Like Douglas, that was my first ever ACC online event. And I enjoyed every second of it. :)
Last online race was 4 years ago here at RD with the Project Cars 2 club.

To be honest I was a bit sceptical about Monza as my first foray into ACC.
Took it probably a bit too safe at the start into T1, but better safe and alive than sorry...

Had some nice close racing with Samuel after the start and later with Will for a few laps.
Pistop worked out rather well for me to my total surprise.
Had a short code brown moment at the end of the race in Ascari watching my mirror a second too long to get a glimpse of Andre who was catching up extremely fast.

Finished the race around my starting position after loosing a couple of spots right after the start.
Very happy with the clean racing and a mostly incident free event.

Looking forward to more! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
First of all, a big thank you to RD and especially to Chris for hosting and organizing the series and for the help Chris gave me in a nice PN conversation for setting up cars and racemind!

All in all it was for me a decent race yesterday with 2 exceptions.
The first was the start where i was surprised that the cars around/behind started racing with green light. I had in mind that we stayed in line until exit first chicane for this race as prposed by Chris here in this thread. But ok, lost just 2 or 3 places in the end after turn 2.
The first half than was a solid race with good, consistent pace and a nice feel in the car.
Not fast enough to follow the pack in front, but good enough to build a gap to Magnus behind me.

Than there was the 2nd bad point, my pitstop.
To cautious and slow on pit entry, pressing the speed limiter way too early, slow driving to the pitplace, needing long time for turning off end on the engine.
At least 5 second i guess that i lost in the pits, really have to work on this....:x3::mad:

When leaving the pits Magnus past me in to turn one, thanks to my "great" pitstop. :laugh::whistling:
I tryed to close the gap to him the next laps, always trying to stay in control and on the safe side of my abilities.
We traded some laps, but closing in and being able really to charge him are two separate shoes.
He did a very solid, faultless second stint and gave me zero chance.
So in the end, i settled for 5th place, happy to end a consistent race with no big faults on track and solid pace.

Whilst the idea of picking left or right in to and out of T1 worked for some I think in reality it's difficult to put in to practice for the whole grid due to people getting better starts than others. Maybe best to just advise caution in to t1 on lap 1.

Last edited:
Did you definitely get down below the pit speed limit before crossing the pit entry line, and in first gear? If the pit limiter display is green before you cross the line, you are good. I’ve had DT’s before when I’ve come in too fast and not got below the speed limit before crossing the line, even the the limiter was activated.
Probably not then, that sounds like that's what happened to me. A disqualification seemed a bit harsh but I guess those are the rules. I will practice some pit stops. I am too used to lazily flying in with Asseto Corsa and letting it automatically slow me down. Thanks for the tip.

Probably not then, that sounds like that's what happened to me. A disqualification seemed a bit harsh but I guess those are the rules. I will practice some pit stops. I am too used to lazily flying in with Asseto Corsa and letting it automatically slow me down. Thanks for the tip.

Yes I think that could be it mate. Think of the pit entry line as the line you need to be on or under the speed limit of the pit lane before you enter, and not the point where you need to have limiter activated.

First of all, a big thank you to RD and especially to Chris for hosting and organizing the series and for the help Chris gave me in a nice PN conversation for setting up cars and racemind!

All in all it was for me a decent race yesterday with 2 exceptions.
The first was the start where i was surprised that the cars around/behind started racing with green light. I had in mind that we stayed in line until exit first chicane for this race as prposed by Chris here in this thread. But ok, lost just 2 or 3 places in the end after turn 2.
The first half than was a solid race with good, consistent pace and a nice feel in the car.
Not fast enough to follow the pack in front, but good enough to build a gap to Magnus behind me.

Than there was the 2nd bad point, my pitstop.
To cautious and slow on pit entry, pressing the speed limiter way too early, slow driving to the pitplace, needing long time for turning off end on the engine.
At least 5 second i guess that i lost in the pits, really have to work on this....:x3::mad:

When leaving the pits Magnus past me in to turn one, thanks to my "great" pitstop. :laugh::whistling:
I tryed to close the gap to him the next laps, always trying to stay in control and on the safe side of my abilities.
We traded some laps, but closing in and being able really to charge him are two separate shoes.
He did a very solid, faultless second stint and gave me zero chance.
So in the end, i settled for 5th place, happy to end a consistent race with no big faults on track and solid pace.
Sorry one of those was me, I badly judged my start and either went into the back of the cars in front or veered between them, it was going to be very difficult to give places back now without causing mass confusion, everybody was flat out so at that point I was more concerned about braking cleanly into T1 traffic and I knew I had a penalty stop now anyway so I was giving back all the grid shortly in a 45 minute race. If we do decide to apply additional rules I think we have to keep a controlled pace by the front row until they are done with.

Personally I prefer a normal start and everybody takes caution.

Personally I prefer a normal start and everybody takes caution.
Agreed. It was good to test before the series kick off next week.

ALL - Disregard the "pick a side and stick to it" but if you do end up side by side with someone try and leave as much space as possible around there.

I’m going to be completely honest here, I didn’t have any idea about this agreement!

Just as well me and P2 got away line astern as I would have been defending into T1 if I had too!

I think it’s safe to say now that we have a group here who aren’t going to do something stupid in the opening exchanges, so we should hopefully be good for the next one.

start.jpg

@Fiberoptix I'm wondering if your positioning at the start had something to do with the penalty too. It seemed like you got the jump on everyone which is unusual in the Aston as it's a bit slow to get going usually. Maybe you went a fraction early and being in the middle of the 2 by 2 the game thought you were trying to be sneaky :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

• Monthly at lan events

• Yearly at lan events