RDCCC S1 - Chevrolet Camaro Cup (STCC - The Game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yves Larose

Premium
758202Camaro_Iroc_Z_challenge_flyer.jpg

Open to all RD trial and premium members​

Class: STCC Camaro Cup​

Number of races: 4​

Schedule

1. Mid-Ohio none chicane - Monday March 2nd 2009 - 45 minutes
2. Road America - Monday March 16th 2009 - 45 minutes
3. Watkins Glenn Nascar layout - Monday March 30th 2009 - 45 minutes
4. Mosport 77 - Monday April 13th 2009 - 45 minutes​

Format

Practice @ 20:00 GMT - 1 hour
Qualifiers @ 21:00 GMT - 15 minutes Superpole
Warmup @ 21:15 GMT - 10 minutes
Race @ 21:25 GMT - 45 minutes

Points Distribution

Race points are awarded when a driver completed: >= 75% of the total time of the race.​

Qualifying points

• P1: 1
Race points
  • P1: 20
  • P2: 17
  • P3: 15
  • P4: 13
  • P5: 11
  • P6: 10
  • P7: 9
  • P8: 8
  • P9: 7
  • P10: 6
  • P11: 5
  • P12: 4
  • P13: 3
  • P14: 2
  • P15: 1
Fastest Laptime: 1​

Weather

Dry condition

Rolling Start (manual)

Single driver Challenge

Costum skin allowed ( see details in the skin thread )

No weight penalities

Mandatory pitstop

This race was the most awesome race I ever had!!!

Quali: 8th
Race: Started behind Patrick, didn't start extremely good but this time at least I wasn't too slow:) In the first few laps, I tried to pass Patrick but we both went off-line, and Paulo overtook us both. Not much after I spun before the last corner:( But then I started to close up on Neil T., we had a little battle, but then he braked in front of me and I passed him. I was following Bob until my pit-stop. Got the entry very fast, changed front tires only, and came out behind Patrick!! I'm always amazed how much I'm winning with pit-stops, maybe because I change only 2 tires (?).
After that I had a huge battle with Patrick, tried to overtake him in many corners without success, but then in the last lap, at the last 2 corners (!!!) I managed it, and finished 6th!

Despite the horrible FPS I had, this was the best race ever for me! I hope for battles like this in the future:)

Thank you guys all! See you on the next race!:)

Man I am so disappointed after this race. For the last 2 weeks I have been pounding this track with fast times and error free driving, but tonight I think my bottle went or something, pressure of rdtv maybe I just don`t know.

Practice

Went well in the top 5 not far off the top with a full tank.

Qualifying

Ended 5th and was made up as I made some bas mistakes in first sector.

Race

I forgot how to drive during warm up!!!! From the very start lost my line, brake points and almost the will to live. Dropped to 6th then got a present when Neil G and Andreas came together putting me into 4th and I thought "now come on just drive". I did for about another lap then spun at the top of the hill dropping me to 9th.
Started the fight back and caught back upto Paulo then coming to the hairpin broke early enough on the inside but car moved left, tyres touched grass and spun me into the back of Paulo, REALLY SORRY Paulo. Let Paulo pull away and was just going to cruise round in 9th, then Paulo lost it off the last turn so I went through and eventually started putting some lap times in to finish a very sad 8th.

Writing this it came to me that Paulo may have lost control due to damage caused by our coming together, if so then I would like Paulo to get my points.

Overall, I love this track, i may have said already and these cars but tonight was a bad night for me. Roll on the next round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 429 69.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 267 43.2%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 285 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 126 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 168 27.2%
Back