RDiLMS - Summer Tour 2012

Yoeri Gijsen

Premium
We are currently experimenting with a new - though honored - league management system for iRacing. Please let us know if you experience any problems using the website by posting a description of the problem below.

Contact Shawn Purdy (iLeagueRace owner) in case of:
  • login problems

WOW....after some 50laps practice and about 3hours of reading(i did not read that much in high school)i have tamed the beast..wheel setting's , game setting's and i feel more comfortable with the car,i can catch some slides, no more back end flip on low speed..very nice....BUT still i don't feel confident on braking,pedal wise ..it's like beeing a biker, after u had a crash u do not have same confidence that u can brake that late...well i have that feeling without having a crash...sometimes i forget to brake and manage the corner but next lap i am afraid,...no feeling with the brake:(
Managed a 20laps straight with a half spin and times between 04-low 06' with a top of a -03.9:)

question- while i practice - do i have tire where?(i checked garage and after 20laps they says 97% witch....kinda hard to beleive)in practice is the same grip as it will be in race?on the server?

Yoeri, are there things we can read up on in terms of how to behave while overtaking and being overtaken?

I feel there needs to be some discussion about this because doing a practice race with 10 drivers isn´t the same as sharing the track with 40+ other drivers.

My personal wish would that everyone sticks to the racing line as much as possible.
And that you do not try to "help" faster car classes by moving your car across the racetrack when me or anyone else is 10m behind you, it would be like a coin toss as i won´t be able to react to your move.
I will pretty much just choose one side and hope we don´t crash.

Basically the key word is being predictable. I won´t know what you are going to do so it´s important you show me what your intent is.

I can only speak from the faster car class view point so if anyone from the lower car classes maybe could give some advice to us HPD drivers?

I'll make a little write-up tomorrow on on-track conduct. Of course you have read the RD league regulations and have a clue already... ;)
I´ve read the Licensed Membership Agreement but that was probably years ago now.
Did read it again though and sure enough it was in there ;)

Is there any specific rules regarding iRacing like how cut-tracks is handled etc.
Is there a limit to how many incs i can get during a race?

Quick offer for anybody that is interested in driving a custom skin:

You can find mine here.
If you want you can join my "team"
You will get the same base skin, but I can make a few changes:
- change the blue to any color you want (red, yellow, green, pink :))
- main sponsors have to stay, but I can put your "personal" sponsors in place of Port of Antwerp (roof) and MAN (small on nose and back)
- your choice if it is a clean or dirty looking car

Max 2 other Corvette drivers can get a skin.

Just an idea I just had, if nobody is interested so be it :)

will probably take you up on the offer one of these days, but trust me, I lack the speed gene, lol.
I think you got plenty on tap, we just need to extract it :)

Ask Jan Roman.

He asked for some tips on how to be quicker in the Vette around Watkins Glen.
Me and Greg Carr tried to help as much as we could,

Record was 1.38, he was running 1.43´s when he created the thread.
After 2 pages of all kinds of talk he´s now running 1.41´s and i think he might even be running 1.40´s now.

Over 2 seconds of pace found just like that.
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/big-brother-program.49911/

Seeing as you are 14 seconds of the World Record i think we can get rid of 10 seconds at the very least.
(if your registered time on iRacing is your fastest time 2.12)

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 19 33.3%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Watch party

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 1 1.8%