RDRC S8 Round 1 - Rally Monte-Carlo (23rd - 29th January 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to all!!
excuse my English using Google Translator ...

I'm new to this group and are very happy to have participated ....
my race is over and this is already my victory ... !!!
I do not lack anything, 3 holes, turnovers and penalties!
but I reached the finish line ......

Congratulations to all the boys, they go really strong .....
Congratulations also for the organization .....

a question .... put my pictures are mandatory plate?

ahhh I forgot are Italian

Last edited:
Checkpoint two completed. Tough one. Had my first roll, didn't cost me much though, around 5 secs lost and a cracked windshield, car was completely fine!

So far running better than expected! Just need to learn how to not kill the gearbox:D

It has been a long time since I did this for the RDRC, feels good to be back out there :)

SS01 - Overly careful, did not get any good feeling right off the startline.
SS02 - Much the same as ss01, but at least I felt a bit more connected to the car :)

SS03 - This one felt a lot better, and the time is not so bad to be me.
SS04 - And along came my first call for help of the rally. Went in too hot in a right-hand-corner, and almost dropped off the road.
SS05 - Lots and lots of understeer on the snow, I kept pushing it a bit too hard to keep up the speed.
SS06 - Very pleased with this stage, it felt like I managed the snow-part quite efficient :)

That is as far as I've gotten so far, the biggest portion of the rally is still to come. I am really looking forward to it, the Peugeot is really fun to drive!

mmrfpf.jpg

116quls.jpg

16g9wn6.jpg

Firstly, thanks for setting up this championship! I like the magazine, I had fun sliding around Monte Carlo, and I'm sure I will have a lot more fun to come!

It went well till SS12, kept the car most of the time on the road, first goal was not to smash my windscreen (it's horrible in VR to drive with cracks accross). Pushed not at all, tried to find a smooth rhythm, no major issues so far.

Then one of my mechanics did a Clarkson joke, mounted half of the headlights facing backwards...(it is only the second time I encountered this bug with the VIVE, half of the light seems to come straight out of the dashboard, it's blindingly bright inside the car - only way to reset this, restarting the VIVE - which results in an automatic restart of Dirt Rally - so back to SS9 I went, arghhhh - and of course I was slower and collected more damage second time round - rhythm was completly gone)

Tried to stay as calm as possible during the rest of the stages, the car sounded really unhealthy by SS15, had a close fight with dirtiestdude right to the end.

Happy to made it in one piece, looking forward to the next Event!

Oh my god, I did only 1 mistake in 9th stage I think and it ended my racing in monaco, It was like in 60km/h my car went over the cliff, RIP :D ... I was 50th overall. I was so proud of my how I am doing well... because I am new to this game Ive never driven it, I spend like 4 hours only (without training monaco of course)... man I am so frustrated .. so unfair and cruel :( :(

Oh my god, I did only 1 mistake in 9th stage I think and it ended my racing in monaco, It was like in 60km/h my car went over the cliff, RIP :D ... I was 50th overall. I was so proud of my how I am doing well... because I am new to this game Ive never driven it, I spend like 4 hours only (without training monaco of course)... man I am so frustrated .. so unfair and cruel :( :(
Welcome to the world of rallying mate, cruelty and sudden endings is its specialty :roflmao:

Made it to the end :) last 2 days were kinda like just driving it home, gap's atm were huge either way and i wanted to finish. in last 2 stages i had to fight with Konstantinos managing to beat him in the end with only gap of 2.5 seconds.. i was really pushing the car on last two stages.. car felt good. and with our little inside Finland cup(Me, Joonas Raivio, Juha Tuunainen and Jussi kaikko) i managed to beat Juha and Jussi i think.. Juha has yet to finish and so is Joonas. Next one is Sweden... it can be okeyish rally, Joonas will probably give hard time to some of the 2010 drivers in sweden, he usually is the flying finn in there.

See ya around.

Thanks to all the managment for organising this

I had a similar experience , Team DNF yay

I dieded. Apparently a 6 pack of toilet paper behind my pedals was unreliable. Came to a hairpin pushed the brake and the pedals moved backwards. No brakes into a tree. Rip mini

Did the first 8 stages and had no big mistakes. Sometimes the Stratos reminded me of its unforgiving nature, but for the most part, we got along quite well. I gave maybe 95% and that seems to be the right strategy. Anything more would result in a crash sooner or later.
Now I will take a break and tackle the long stages tomorrow. Around 5th place in class right now. Quite happy with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 32 8.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 19 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 28 7.4%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.6%