Recommendations for an amp to support 8 Butt Kickers

Which BK? LFE/Concert, Advance, Mini-LFE/Concert, G/G2?

Have you read through the Tactile Monster thread?

Ah, the tactile thread is so long and has so much information, it is exhausting to start combing through it. Personally I have been planning to add tactile to my rig for well over a year and that thread has been holding me back, since everytime I read it I get a new idea or am forced to scrap old plans :D

I wish someone creates a tactile guide for simracing in some more condensed way, for the plug-and-play crowd.

I also get the aspect that people want to get everything out of their tactile system too, its cool how much time and effort people put in their rigs :)

Upvote 0
Ah, the tactile thread is so long and has so much information, it is exhausting to start combing through it. Personally I have been planning to add tactile to my rig for well over a year and that thread has been holding me back, since everytime I read it I get a new idea or am forced to scrap old plans :D

I wish someone creates a tactile guide for simracing in some more condensed way, for the plug-and-play crowd.

I also get the aspect that people want to get everything out of their tactile system too, its cool how much time and effort people put in their rigs :)

That's true. It takes a while to get through it, and the solutions discussed have evolved over time. So, a lot of the first 50 pages is now obsolete. Its still informative, and there's still some good info. But, it almost helps to read the thread backwards...so you know what has been moved away from and what is still relevant.

However, Amp recommendations haven't really changed, esp. for ButtKickers. If the OP wants to follow the advice in that thread, for 8 BKs...they will need DSP for all. That's either 4x NX-3000D (but if they are smaller units, then an NX1000 or NX2000 might suffice), or 2x NX4-6000 + a multichannel audio interface + DAW software. Either way, its getting complicated. That's on the higher end of Tactile configurations, and there are several decisions to make.

For a "guide" the various build threads are more concise in those terms (ScreamingBejesus' is a good one)...even though most of the recent ones have also been on the higher end of the scale.

Upvote 0
Butt Kicker LFE

As I said above...the advice from the tactile thread would be to use DSP to control the LFE frequency response to manage piston pang, and any resonances of your setup. To do that you either need (4x) NX-3000D (two channel amp with DSP), or (2x) NX4-6000 (4 channel amp WITHOUT DSP) + a multichannel audio interface (X-air XR12 or 18 to provide the DSP). Either way, it starts to get complicated with that much high-power tactile.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 481 69.8%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 292 42.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 318 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 145 21.0%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 188 27.3%
Back