Resource icon

Database Reduced Tyre Wear 1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Just a heads up, guys. Since I have a feeling I won't be getting my controller any time soon, I think I should go back to testing with my keyboard. Thing is, keyboard understeers too much for my liking, that's why I stopped testing with it, but, desperate times call for desperate measures. So, here's a quick update. I think the databases for Career mode work for GP mode as well. At least, my test with the 25% database in Australia was rather successful. While I doubt all tracks work, mostly because tyre wear is lower in GP mode than career mode due to the fact that in GP mode you have all the R&D updates, I think it won't be that hard to make a 25% database for GP mode for now. So, thoughts?

It might work OK, but the database was replaced by Patch 2.

So even though the database in this mod may work, by using it you don't know what other changes were made to the database by the patch. So you would lose those changes, whatever they are :)

For all we know ..... they just fixed a spelling mistake ;)

Edit - It looks like pit speed at Silverstone :-

Patch 1
Code:
<pit_speed_limit_race>27.778</pit_speed_limit_race>
    <pitstop_dry_race_time_cost>14.217</pitstop_dry_race_time_cost>
    <pitstop_wet_race_time_cost>15.189</pitstop_wet_race_time_cost>

Patch 2
Code:
  <pit_speed_limit_race>16.667</pit_speed_limit_race>
    <pitstop_dry_race_time_cost>12.633</pitstop_dry_race_time_cost>
    <pitstop_wet_race_time_cost>13.38</pitstop_wet_race_time_cost>

Was referring to patch 1 but the second patch came out a day after(obviously :p) I posted that info.

It a database, it goes in the database folder. :)

Keep a backup copy of your original. This will stop you from joining an online game.

YourSteamInstallDrive:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\f12013\database

So, another patch is out... man, this is gonna be a pain. Oh well... Hope CM doesn't plan to release a new patch every other day, cause my patience is low :)) So, yeah, you guys want 50% Career mode mod? Well, so do I! So, hang in there! I'm gonna start making it, putting the plans for the GP mode on hold for now. Sorry to whoever is still waiting for GP mode mod...

Gabbynaru updated Reduced Tyre Wear with a new update entry:

50% Database, Career Mode Only added.

So, as promised, this is the 50% race length database update. Strangely, not much testing was requires, since most of the settings from the 100% database were working just fine in the 50% database. I am currently doubting the values of some tracks (Bahrain, Spain and Germany on my mind right now), so I would like your feedback on those, but, the database is fully playable (at least on my side), so, don't worry about that and enjoy racing!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi, why is there only three id's in the track_tyre_wear_level (ID 1,2,3) but in my normal database they are nine id's. could u explain to me what does the ID do, thanks

Hi, why is there only three id's in the track_tyre_wear_level (ID 1,2,3) but in my normal database they are nine id's. could u explain to me what does the ID do, thanks

NINE IDs?! I never heard of that... Are you sure we are talking about the same game here? Can you post a screenshot or something?

As for your explanation, the id itself is only used for the track_model tab, where you can set the tyre_wear_level for each track. The wear_level in the track_tyre_wear_level is the value tracks use to wear the tyres at a certain rate. Decrease those and you will have longer lasting tyres, but you have to set new values in the track_model tab, so, the process is a pain to make. But the results of that process is this mod here.

When i copy and paste the database into my folder, will this only change ur changes ur made or everything? I have the Turbo AI mod and that makes the AI way faster for me and if this would be override, thats crap than :(.

Edit: When i copy & paste ur database, the "ai_engine_power_per_tier" change in default settings (like u have). So can u tell me what u changed that i can write in manually in my database?

Last edited:
Great mod,:)

The tyre wear was killing the gameplay..

I restarted my carreer with this mod. In Austratlia the wear was definately reduced, but then i had a wet race in Maleisiia and my wet tyres were worn at lap 5 with a scedualed pitstop at lap 7.

So i does't work with wet tyres??:unsure:

Why doesn't it work with normal grand prix mode?

Hey Gabby,

I want to increase the tyre wear level in 25% GP - Mode to 2 pit stops every race at every track. Your thought to increase the track tyre wear level does not work. In Track model, for a better control, i have switch the tyre wear level at all tracks to 3 to check my changes easier. After testing 3 circuits (Malaysia, Brazil, USA) nothing has changed. Do you have another idea how to change the tyre wear ? Do i change the front and rear tyre wear level in f1teams in the database?

To check it, i have attached screenshots from my values.

Attachments

• Tyre_wear.png
    Tyre_wear.png
    144.4 KB · Views: 248
  • Tyre_wear2.png
    Tyre_wear2.png
    225.6 KB · Views: 247
  • Tyre_wear3.png
    Tyre_wear3.png
    152.1 KB · Views: 235
Hey Gabby,

I want to increase the tyre wear level in 25% GP - Mode to 2 pit stops every race at every track. Your thought to increase the track tyre wear level does not work. In Track model, for a better control, i have switch the tyre wear level at all tracks to 3 to check my changes easier. After testing 3 circuits (Malaysia, Brazil, USA) nothing has changed. Do you have another idea how to change the tyre wear ? Do i change the front and rear tyre wear level in f1teams in the database?

To check it, i have attached screenshots from my values.

track_tyre_wear_level: -0,65625; -0,40625; -0,15625
tyres: 11,132 (Super Soft), 17,35 (Soft), 23,855 (Medium, Intermediate), 30,365 (Hard, Monsoon)
track_model: 1 (Hungaroring, Abu Dhabi, Brazil, Monaco, Singapore, Silverstone, Korea, Nurburgring, Dheli, Texas), 2 (Spa, Monza, Catalunya, Bahrain, Melbourne, Montral, Sepang, Shangai, Suzuka)

When i copy and paste the database into my folder, will this only change ur changes ur made or everything? I have the Turbo AI mod and that makes the AI way faster for me and if this would be override, thats crap than :(.

Edit: When i copy & paste ur database, the "ai_engine_power_per_tier" change in default settings (like u have). So can u tell me what u changed that i can write in manually in my database?

Sorry, I forgot to post this:

track_tyre_wear_level: -0,65625; -0,40625; -0,15625
tyres: 12,1 (Super Soft), 17,35 (Soft), 23,855 (Medium, Intermediate), 30,365 (Hard, Monsoon)
track_model: 1 (Spa, Monza, Hungaroring, Abu Dhabi, Brazil, Monaco, Montreal, Sepang, Shangai, Singapore, Suzuka, Silverstone, Korea, Nurburgring, Dheli, Texas), 2 (Catalunya, Bahrain), 3 (Melbourne)

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 4 30.8%