Reinstalled Raceroom - constant crash on loading screen

Dirk Steffen

Porsche Factory Jackass™
Premium
I have a brand new fresh and Steam integrity checked Raceroom installation.

Raceroom has run on this exact computer and exact configuration before.

Now it crashes every single time I try to load it.

Is this a known issue with the current Raceroom build?

Is this a known issue with the current Raceroom

Server issues after each build, random crashes, wmr vr image below you at launch, 100% CPU load with low GPU usage, stuttering, crashed cars not being removed from the grid during races are a few issues I've encountered in Raceroom lately.

If you can't get it going send them a dump file.

• Include the crash dump file from the crash, if one exists
    • These files are created here: Documents\My Games\SimBin\Crash Dumps
To contact us, you can either:
Please note that while you're of course able to send us PMs here on the forum, you cannot attach files in these conversations.

Thanks guys, yes, Raceroom is the only sim I have issues with.
I do not run VR, just triple screens.
People on the forums who reported this type of crash (crashing just after the first loading screen shows up) were offered to disable GPU hardware acceleration for the browser powered menus Raceroom is using (through two startup commands starting with -cef...).

I did those and no change - it consistently crashes. It is quite annoying really.
I will create an account and send them some crash dump files eventually.

I tried. It is the same crash just after the first load screen shows.
I have opened a ticket and will see what the response is.

I find it very unfortunate that the crash dump files are unreadable.
In other sims at least anyone can read the log files and get deeper info on what actually lead to the crash. With Raceroom everything is such super agent spy stuff that even the log files are closed off the users views.

The only problems I've had with RR lately has involved Nvidia drivers, their constant updates are not only annoying but every now and again one buggers up RR. I run triples also but don't suffer this annoying issue, only a handful do which makes sending your dump files imperative in aiding a resolution. There must be a certain piece of hardware/software doing this, are you using MSI Afterburner or similar? This has been known to cause problems. Could try unplugging all your hardware before starting RR. I know you said it was a fresh install of RR but did you delete/move all RR's folders from My Docs & Steam? Can get issues with corrupted profiles from previous installs. Good luck anyway, crap time of year to get problems.

Thanks for the additional tips.
Unfortunately I did all that already :-(

Cleaning out all folders was one of the first things I did prior to a Steam Integrity check - it was often mentioned in threads describing this crash but unfortunately did not help.
I am very conservative with GPU driver updates and usually stick with a certain driver if proven stable and good performing with the few apps I use (this is exclusively a PC running my simrig - it is not used for anything else).

The GPU driver that is installed currently had been installed the last time I was running Raceroom a couple of months ago.

I'll be waiting for a response from the makers. I am in no hurry after all (only was curious about the Porsche 934, which was the ONLY reason I reinstalled Raceroom).

I also encountered problems with R3E a few months ago. It ran rather good before that (fps could be nicer but there is always room for improvement).
I tried uncountable different solutions; even a complete new fresh Windows 10 (Pro) on new SSD's with a fresh/new install of Steam and R3E. Weirdly enough: Problem persisted.
At last, I found that my Crossfire setup was the culprit. R3E ran smoother with one GPU instead of two.
So in the end I bought a new 1080ti and never encountered these problems again.
Funny detail: I even put my "old" SSD back, with my old Windows 10 and Steam install, let DDU do it's thing and installed nVidia software. Runs like a dream since that moment (also on triples, btw).
NOFI: I am not saying AMD is to blame. In my case my Crossfire setup was not performing as I was hoping (and did in the past). If it was due to a Windows update or a Radeon update, I do not know.

Yes, I had a similar experience, running a AMD Crossfire setup for a couple of years. I finally got fed up with all the dodging and sliding to keep it reliably running with all kinds of software updates breaking EVERYTHING all the time! My last sim racing PC update was plain Jane simple - 1080Ti + 8700K and all other components by a single vendor (Asus) for maximum peace of mind.

The hardware of this PC should not in any way cause these type of issues. IT is as simple and straight forward as ANY software studio would come to anticipate their software running on.

My experience with Raceroom over the years has been that it is unfortunately the most unreliable and frustrating racing sim from all of them out there (that includes SMS produced content btw).

Reliably every single time when I come back to Raceroom with a fresh install stuff like this happens, every single time.

I am waiting on a reply on my ticket and will see if this is an easy fix.
Apart from trying that new Porsche 934 and occasionally comparing the Raceroom Porsche 911 GT3 R, 911 GT3 Cup and Cayman GT4 CS I have zero incentive of actually running Raceroom again, so I am in no hurry.

Raceroom does not support crossfire or SLI.

Hopefully you didn't pay the over inflated Bitcoin cost for your 1080ti?

At least you got a better GPU in the end lol :)
Raceroom not supporting Crossfire / SLI setups meant in practical application that you would not see any benefits from running both GPUs but it would still run.
At least with my AMD setup I used to run (heavily overclocked Apple New MacPro with hacked drivers) Raceroom ran after dealing with all the unreliability BS you have to deal with Raceroom (their horrible, horrible web browser based interface, the ALWAYS internet connected state which would hickup at the slightest abnormality of network settings were usually the biggest causes for issues for me) it ran ok.

For Crossfire / SLI users it would usually be best to run Raceroom on a single GPU with higher clocks than trying to make both GPUs work with hacked drivers and exotic Crossfire profiles. Raceroom visually has much improved over time but the underlying mechanics are still solidified in the stone ages of racing sims. I truly hope that the studio can make the step in 2019 and start afresh with a completely new engine (getting rid of the HORRIBLE launcher alltogether) and building a base for the next 5 years of development.

I am the first guy who will buy all content over again as when Raceroom ran it was quite enjoyable at it's best.

My experience with Raceroom over the years has been that it is unfortunately the most unreliable and frustrating racing sim from all of them out there (that includes SMS produced content btw).

Reliably every single time when I come back to Raceroom with a fresh install stuff like this happens, every single time.
Please remember to return to this thread and post how your problem was solved - either by intervention from the Raceroom folks or by yourself.
CatsAreTheWorstDogs: On my rather old puter Raceroom has been running 100% stable for about 1-2 years.

Please remember to return to this thread and post how your problem was solved - either by intervention from the Raceroom folks or by yourself.
CatsAreTheWorstDogs: On my rather old puter Raceroom has been running 100% stable for about 1-2 years.
I surely will do. I envy you about a long problem free operation of Raceroom. I wish I could say the same :-(

Dont take this as I dont understand your frustration.
I would be just as irritated if suddenly a game I had payed for began crashing.
But my comment was based on the strange "fact" that often (or rather VERY often) you hear a similiar outburst/call for help - but then afterwards people seldom come back and tell what the cause (and solution) was.
But later at least in some of the cases you can suddenly read how one of these users are telling other something from his latest races.
hehe implying that the game is (again) running on his puter :)

Seems I am having a similar problem as well now.
Fired up the game probably 10 times with the same results.
Game loads, shows all the adds than when it gets to the home screen there is no introduction music and the game becomes unresponsive with windows asking to close it.

Worked last week with the same drivers, windows up to date, checked the integrity of the files.

Any suggestions/solutions?

Last edited:
Have you tried moving the Simbin folder out of My Documents\My Games to force the game to start with default settings? I've had it before where the game crashes even after a complete reinstall because of a bad/corrupt config file somewhere. If it works you can then put all your control settings and car setups back in place.

Have you tried moving the Simbin folder out of My Documents\My Games to force the game to start with default settings? I've had it before where the game crashes even after a complete reinstall because of a bad/corrupt config file somewhere. If it works you can then put all your control settings and car setups back in place.
- I have removed all startup commands (I use triple screens and have normally the triple screen definition in the startup command)
- I have used the studios recommended trouble shooting startup commands related to the error message
- I have Steam integrity checked multiple times
- I have removed all remains of the old installation (including the My Documents residing folder)
- I have started without hardware attached
- I have rebooted multiple times
- I have started without any of the usual tools and apps running in background (inlcuding MSI AB)

:-(

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 33 86.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 13 34.2%