Retrolux Previews

Misc Retrolux Previews 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Retrolux submitted a new resource:

Retrolux Previews - Custom Preview Preset for Content Manager

View attachment 232093
I have adjusted the look of the preview image for all the cars to correct some nitpicks I disliked of the original previews from Kunos.

The original previews from Kunos had a blue ambient light tint that distorted the car colors to much and the contrasts was to soft on some areas, especially the tires.

Adjustments:
  • Changed Perspective to show more of the car details
  • Angled the front tires a bit to give it a more dynamic feel
  • Added extra lights...

Read more about this resource...

Could u tell me which Car and which Skin this is? Looks great and i need it.
Is it the Lotus 98T with modified Skin?

Attachments

• wcws.jpg
    wcws.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 243
ahh ok. im relative new to this game, so i should really check all cars! not only GT3 Cars. :)
thx a lot for the fast answer.

ohh yes you should absolutely check out all the other cars. Each car has their own character in assetto corsa. I love the vintage cars that are more difficult to handle. But once mastered they are really enjoyable to drive.

2632 skins to update :D
speed 35 skins/min
remaining 1hour
Great job on the settings, it's looking nice!

You could add in your description, you can batch all the cars maintaining shift to select different cars with Content Manager :)

preview.jpg

Caterham Approved!

@kunos if you are listening, previews are much more dynamic and better looking that way!

v1.0 was absolutely gorgeous, but it was terribly slow. I couldn't stand the thought of doing the 577 cars I currently have in my AC garage - even if each car only had one or two skins.

v1.1 has retained all of the quality, but now @Retrolux has optimized the Preset - processing time is drastically reduced. I'd say v1.1 is ten times faster than v1.0. I will post two screenshots of my Ferrari 288 GTO below. The first will be shot with v1.0 and the second with be shot with v1.1...
Version 1.0
2WoIgXd.jpg

Version 1.1
iP62lDe.jpg

You could add in your description, you can batch all the cars maintaining shift to select different cars with Content Manager :)

Good point, especially when you just want to update specific cars you just have added to asseto corsa :). (Description is now updated)

BTW: The Caterham is in my library :). Nice work on it mate.@

@ALB123: Thanks for making a comparison between 1.0 and 1.1. The main slowdown was caused by to many iterations for the AA/DOF that was not really required after some testing.

Hey is it possible to have a reflective ground with your preset?

Sorry but that is not possible since it is based on the original scene from kunos. Reflective ground is only possible when disabling the scene and using the one from the content manager. But then you loose the nice reflectors/lights modeled in the scene. Recreating them with Plane lights does not look as good due to that the reflections of those lights go into the specular pipeline of the shader instead of the one for reflections. (no Fresnel reflections etc.)

Last edited:
Damn I dont even noticed that. :O_o:
Either it has not the right reflection values set on the material or it is really missing. Need to check this later

Ok it looks like the ford is not properly setup for two sided windshields. From the inside it looks right.

ML1nQKw.jpg

The panamera does not receive reflections and is only visible when specular highlights hit the glass. I guess errors happen even in some of the official content from kunus ;)

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 285 34.6%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 230 27.9%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 152 18.5%
  • Watch party

Votes: 66 8.0%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 21 2.6%