rF2: McLaren Senna GTR and Aston Martin GTE Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Two Strong Pack 1.jpg

Studio 397 have released the stunning McLaren Senna GTR and Aston Martin Vantage GTE for rFactor 2.

Available as standalone DLC content or part of the ‘Two Strong Pack’, both cars are available to purchase for the simulation with immediate effect.

Adding a brand new category to the sim, the McLaren Senna offers a first look at the upcoming new Hypercar specification of GT racing – a classification set to take over from the retiring LMP class at the head of the endurance racing landscape.

rF2 Two Strong Pack Senna.jpg

Officially unveiled as a limited production mid-engine sports car by McLaren Automotive back at the 2018 Geneva Motor Show, the Senna is earmarked by the famous racing team to take the McLaren name back to the top level of Le Mans competition from the 2020/21 season.

Packing a mighty 4.0l V8 twin-turbocharged engine, the Senna GTR is in its own right an impressive piece of motorsport engineering – however, the look into the future of endurance racing is perhaps what is most exciting about the car – giving sim racers our first view of what is set to come at the pinnacle of long distance endurance racing.

rF2 Two Strong Pack Aston.jpg

The other car in the pack similarly needs no introduction, with Studio 397 dropping the fourth instalment to the popular GTE category within the sim – adding the beautiful Aston Martin Vantage GTE to the title.

The Vantage joins the current GTE field of Porsche, Corvette and BMW within the sim, and inserts a fan favourite car into what is, for me at least, one of the best packs of virtual racing machines anywhere in sim racing.

Both cars are available now, and retails for 4.99 euro each, or around 6.99 euros for the two car ‘Two Strong Pack’.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

The mirrors are crazy on all cars for me out of the box. It always takes the shine off a new purchase because it takes me ages to get them right.

Some cars (especially the Endurance Pack) have resetted mirrors after every update and not "resetted" in the way, someone would think, it is correct, here. This is a thing, for what i can't bring up quite much understanding...what is causing this and why do some people have this issue with more cars than others?!
One of the strange things, this Sim does, which seem somewhat solvable.

@o Tiger Feet o It might not be the problem about mirror bad default positions, but just in case.

Concerning mirrors default position, you might want to look at this line in the player json file.

By default I think it's set to move with seating position, and since many heavily modify seating position they end up with mirror completely off (and eventually not having enough adjustment available). Now you will probably still have to adjust your side mirrors, I normally like to see more each side and less from the rear for these mirrors.

"Moving Rearview":3,
"Moving Rearview#":"Whether mirrors respond to head movement in cockpit (0=none, 1=position-only, 2=FOV-only, 3=both) - add 4 if you want to IGNORE head-tracking movement",

rF2 looks very good on screenshots. The shaders for morning and evening hours works wonders. Is the DoF effect something the replay mode allows you to do or is that included in the 'Effects: Full' setting?
DoF effect happens with the non-cockpit cameras when you put Post Effects on Low or higher in the video setup (or is it Medium or higher?). Choices are None, Low, Medium, High, Ultra.
...as Emery has indicated the DOF effect does start at 'Medium and Higher' when set in the 'Post Effects'.
I use the 'End' key which is the default key for 'Spectator Mode' when I pause the Replay, where you can use your mouse to move the screen image around then use the Num Keys to move the camera into position...I have also mapped the 'Cam Move Forward' and 'Cam Move Backward' to keys / buttons as these are the focus keys once you have composed the screen shot.
Screenshot below taken with Post Effects set at 'NONE' and 'LOW'
1 VIDEO SETTING Post Effects NONE Screenshot copy.jpg

Screenshot below with 'HIGH' set in the Post Effects box
1 VIDEO SETTING Post Effects HIGH Screenshot copy.jpg

Last edited:
Why pay DLC cars if you can't compete online with them? .

I assume if rF2 had anywhere near iRacing numbers you would have ?

What they needed was to keep live racers going that was always well participated once a few got in then it be full
Problem was automated servers was the worse way to run it
sometimes just getting them to reset a session set wrong ie: no progressive rubber among 20 other things would take days

Even in good old days when there were open servers and 100's on the
average room would be like 2.5 drivers or something ridiculous

We open roomers shot ourselves in the foot you ask me

Cost of a Big Mac - around $5 usd/Euro
Two minutes of enjoyment(?)
Cost of this DLC - about 7.
Hours of frustration .........
Fify
Because aue Aston-Martin GTE is another skin for GT3 version. I will compare it from inside and from outside later today. Unfortunately i bought it and can't refund because i already spent more than 2h with McLaren.
At list aero package of Aston-Martin gte seems legit.

Last edited:
Fify
Because aue Aston-Martin GTE is another skin for GT3 version. I will compare it from inside and from outside later today. Unfortunately i bought it and can't refund because i already spent more than 2h with McLaren.
At list aero package of Aston-Martin gte seems legit.
Not sure of the ethics of changing the words of what someone posts ....

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 478 70.0%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 290 42.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 316 46.3%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 142 20.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 185 27.1%
Back