Rfactor 2 GTr 2 track conversion process?

Hi i am interested in modding a Daytona roadcourse track mainly for private use as a lot of the versions released for GTr 2 feel incomplete or have some minor bugs

it would also be cool if i could get the G motor 2 AI to start from the pits in a rolling start scenario as well so they can actually do a proper pace lap perhaps i can do it for the rest of GTR2's tracks if i learn how to change the start position for rolling starts.

Yeah i know this kinda covers two topics at once but what can you do.

it would also be cool if i could get the G motor 2 AI to start from the pits in a rolling start scenario as well so they can actually do a proper pace lap perhaps i can do it for the rest of GTR2's tracks if i learn how to change the start position for rolling starts.

In the AIW (or whatever it's called in GTR2), if you put the grid objects in the pits, then they'll start from the pits. Questionable whether the AI will follow the pit lane to the exit though, as they typically want to converge on the track's racing line and ignore the pit line. It's possible it will work on a track like Daytona, where there's a boundary between the pit lane and the track.

Last edited:
In the AIW (or whatever it's called in GTR2), if you put the grid objects in the pits, then they'll start from the pits. Questionable whether the AI will follow the pit lane to the exit though, as they typically want to converge on the track's racing line and ignore the pit line. It's possible it will work on a track like Daytona, where there's a boundary between the pit lane and the track.
where do i find these coordinates?

where do i find these coordinates?
This is how you work on it in rF2. It's a bit different for GTR2 because the ISI waypoint editor no longer functions on modern operating systems, so, as far as I know, you need a computer with an older operating system.

Turn up your volume as Mark is very quiet. This is part 1 of 4, so follow the links to the other 3 parts.

And finally to get the new AIW packaged with the existing track.

Last edited:
This is how you work on it in rF2. It's a bit different for GTR2 because the ISI waypoint editor no longer functions on modern operating systems, so, as far as I know, you need a computer with an older operating system.

Turn up your volume as Mark is very quiet. This is part 1 of 4, so follow the links to the other 3 parts.

And finally to get the new AIW packaged with the existing track.
i also noticed that you can open .AIW files with note pad plus but this information works too i am currently trying to fight my cell phone addiction so will watch these videos when i can thanks!

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 29 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 37 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.3%