rFactor 2 Open Beta (pre-release discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim Wheatley said:
What is the pricing structure for rF2?
In the USA, rF2 will sell for $43.99. This will allow unlimited access to single player and mod development mode. It will also include one year access to an online account. Additional one year access to the online account can be purchased for $12.99.

Why not simply raise the initial purchase price?
That wouldn’t be fair to those wanting to use only the single player or mod development mode.

What exactly are online services?
Users will be given online accounts from which they can access multiplayer races. This should reduce the number of anonymous race entries and in turn hopefully reduce the number of passworded servers.

The service will identify when updates are available and allow for automatic downloads.

The service provides a way to generate and maintain unique Mod/Package ID’s. This should help reduce the mismatch problem found in the current version of rFactor and also help reduce/eradicate version confusion for the end user.

Additional features such as online statistics are also planned.

What will I be able to do if I don't use online services?
You will be able to run single player, run Mod Mode, and manually find and install any mods or updates.

What is this open beta I have been hearing about?
We plan to release an early content-limited version for mod makers to provide feedback on the system. It will be an open beta, meaning anyone can participate. People wishing to take part will be required to make a full purchase (see pricing info above). We are planning to give those who take part in the open beta 18 months of online access with that purchase rather than the 12 months which will come with purchase after the open beta.

Will you offer refunds during or after the open beta?
If you believe you became a part of the rFactor 2 community too early we can arrange one.

Source

I'm yet to read anywhere that the open beta release will have multiplayer, and it looks like that mode won't available until the full release.....up to six months down the line. If that is the case then my initial reaction to jump on board at release has changed, as I only use offline for testing tracks before using them for events and championships (in fact much of that testing is done on our second server) making the first six months of my purchase an occasional test session, not racing.

I don't like the idea of having RF2 installed and sitting on the HDD for up to six months, doing next to nothing, so will have to decide when it is available.

If the Purchase for the Beta is the money for the full game then yes i'll buy it within a heartbeat, no doubt about that, i've been waiting so long for this game :)

The purchase for the Beta includes the full game at release;).

I'm yet to read anywhere that the open beta release will have multiplayer, and it looks like that mode won't available until the full release.....up to six months down the line. If that is the case then my initial reaction to jump on board at release has changed, as I only use offline for testing tracks before using them for events and championships (in fact much of that testing is done on our second server) making the first six months of my purchase an occasional test session, not racing.

I don't like the idea of having RF2 installed and sitting on the HDD for up to six months, doing next to nothing, so will have to decide when it is available.

I don't see why we'd get 18 months membership if we couldn't use it for 6 months!! Also I would have thought they'd want as many beta testers available to test the multiplayer part of the game.

I never said it didn't have it, I said I had not seen any reference to online mode, only offline, etc. Just makes me wonder, although I wouldn't think it was the case, so perhaps something from Tim or another staffer at ISI.

I can't point directly at where I read it, but it was more a case of what is NOT being said about online mode that gave me the impression it wouldn't be present in the initial open beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 300 34.7%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 243 28.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 161 18.6%
  • Watch party

Votes: 67 7.7%