rFactor 2 Open Beta (pre-release discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim Wheatley said:
What is the pricing structure for rF2?
In the USA, rF2 will sell for $43.99. This will allow unlimited access to single player and mod development mode. It will also include one year access to an online account. Additional one year access to the online account can be purchased for $12.99.

Why not simply raise the initial purchase price?
That wouldn’t be fair to those wanting to use only the single player or mod development mode.

What exactly are online services?
Users will be given online accounts from which they can access multiplayer races. This should reduce the number of anonymous race entries and in turn hopefully reduce the number of passworded servers.

The service will identify when updates are available and allow for automatic downloads.

The service provides a way to generate and maintain unique Mod/Package ID’s. This should help reduce the mismatch problem found in the current version of rFactor and also help reduce/eradicate version confusion for the end user.

Additional features such as online statistics are also planned.

What will I be able to do if I don't use online services?
You will be able to run single player, run Mod Mode, and manually find and install any mods or updates.

What is this open beta I have been hearing about?
We plan to release an early content-limited version for mod makers to provide feedback on the system. It will be an open beta, meaning anyone can participate. People wishing to take part will be required to make a full purchase (see pricing info above). We are planning to give those who take part in the open beta 18 months of online access with that purchase rather than the 12 months which will come with purchase after the open beta.

Will you offer refunds during or after the open beta?
If you believe you became a part of the rFactor 2 community too early we can arrange one.

Source

If you made a product that you'd rather see flourish and recieve constructive feedback from capable hands, rather than rot and diminish, and gain no feedback of any kind from the hands of blithering idiots (pardon my expressions here), you'd probably want to do it in a failsafe way, which is that of the preorder-to-play-beta-too in this case. After all, on ISIForums it is stated that a full refund is in order if you don't like the game.

You see for me there is a flaw in that strategy too. If you offer a refund to those who don't like it, you open up the beta to the "blithering idiots" that you speak of. There is no reason for the whole of the sim community not to take part really, with an insurance policy of a refund. Reading through a lot of the posts on ISI's forums there are already lots of the aforementioned people jumping around in anticipation of the .exe. Can you imagine what sort of feedback is going to be generated by those people. With a forum filled with rubbish from these kind of people how will ISI determine what are the "real" bugs or issues.

Like you say no beta has ever just been about testing, but it seems ISI want the headache of sorting out the good (important real issues) feedback from the.........well you know.:cool:

Haha, not sure there ever was a beta stage of that track! I noticed the bug aswell, only I thought it was because the user-made map going under the same name was still installed, and I thought they conflicted. After I had deleted the user-made one it was all good for some reason.. OR I just managed to not drive too close to the wall. Haha! Either way, great track, drove on it myself on a trackday a year ago with my buddies. They got the details right, which is really awesome! Too bad such a bug was there from the get-go in the game though, but well, heres to hoping rFactor 2 and GTR 3 brings us less bugs and more awesome come retail time :p

And really, I look positively on it aswell. I mean, I literally threw my wallet and everything of value at my screen when I read about it going into open beta soon and what the price would be.. Nothing happened though, so I'm still collecting the coins and what not from the manic incident :p

The big problem of C.A.R.S is that you need a big machine to enjoy the sim at it's best. rFactor 2 for me is the sim that will rob the crown to iracing. If everything that they are trying to put in the game works well, despiste the rF1 looks, we will have the best sim ever in our hands.

Cars runs well on my pc,but need to wait for it to go online see what the drop off is then

Euh... C.A.R.S. as a whole so far looks rubbish... It's no where near realistic, like every SHIFT games...

Of course they have good textures, but all the lightning play and their "hollywood" "wow" effects absolutely puts me off, in part because it's crap and also because it eats computer capacities...

Big +1 here. I don't understand why people is so hyped with CARS graphics.

That's a little harsh on C.A.R.S!! It is a big improvement on the Shift games, but physics still lacks the feel that GTR2, Race 07 and any decent rF mod gives you.

I honestly don't know if they'll ever get that feel right, but atleast I have full confidence in rF2 and GTR3:).

You guys know that pCARS is still pre-alpha, right!? They improve things daily basis, for instance there is a physics update build coming out today that is based on real racing driver comments who so far has been quite impressed with pCARS and that beats any sim racers opinion by a light year.
Anyway, cant wait for the rf2 beta, been fan of original rF since the release and been waiting for rF2 since rumors started floating around the Internet.

You guys know that pCARS is still pre-alpha, right!? They improve things daily basis, for instance there is a physics update build coming out today that is based on real racing driver comments who so far has been quite impressed with pCARS and that beats any sim racers opinion by a light year.

They were as impressed as Anthony Davidson with F1 2010&2011? :)

They were as impressed as Anthony Davidson with F1 2010&2011? :)
I get your point, having a real drivers input alone does not make a racing game good but to be fair its very different situation. pCARS is already better then F1 2010/2011 even though it is at its early stages and unlike with CM games, in pCARS the whole community is involved shaping up the game in terms of giving the feedback, reporting bugs/issues and suggesting new ideas/improvements. I am no fanboy but I like their way of designing the sim and I love seeing how it grows and one day hopefully shapes up to awesome racing sim.

I'm upgrading my rig 2nite in preperation for rF2 and GTR3. Not a full upgrade as I can't afford a new GFX card at the moment, so my ATi 4870 will have to do.

I'll be putting my i5 2500K, Asus P8Z68-V LX and 8gb Corsair Vengance DDR3 Ram. Hope to do a gentle o'c of 4.5Ghz with my trusty Arctic Freezer Pro;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 462 70.0%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 282 42.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 305 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 135 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 179 27.1%
Back