rFactor has stopped working

I have installed a new mod and whenever I load up rFactor it comes up with a message saying "rFactor has stopped working" It just appears to be this mod that's causing the problem. I installed some windows updates prior to this and I uninstalled all of them thinking that one of the updates was causing the problem, but I was mistaken. The strange thing was that the same mod was working the previous day. I was running rFactor as admin on both occassions. Any help would be much appreciated :)

I also uninstalled a few programs yesterday which may have something to do with the problem. Although none of them have any relation to rFactor, I'll name them anyway: CyberLink PowerDirector 11, WonderShare Video Editor and My PC Backup. I have also tried completely re-installing rFactor but that seemed to make no difference.

Run the config program again and double check resolutions, DX settings, etc. (And generically, do not install to any "Program Files" folder, make sure your account has full access to the install folder, run all exe files as admin, and try XP or Win7 compatibility mode.)

Some mods make changes to the rfm folder which can cause issues with other mods.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 16 76.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 5 23.8%